Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

greenspurs wrote: »
    Apologies in advance-

Will any external hard drive do to store games?
    Or doe you need a specific kind/type ?
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Think it needs to be USB 3.0 at least
    duploelabs wrote: »

2nd gen so...... :rolleyes: :(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

greenspurs wrote: »
    2nd gen so...... :rolleyes: :(

?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

limitedIQ wrote: »
    now that people have had the ps5 for a while, do you reckon it was worth it (over a PS4 pro)?
    I'm thinking to wait til near the end of the year, probably until gow2 gets released.

Absolutely worth it, without even talking about the improvements to games and the PS5 exclusives, the quality of life improvements of the system are worth the asking price alone.

Just get one as soon as you have the money and they are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

Actually now that you mentioned the loading times that might just push me to get one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I'm definitely enjoying mine anyway.
    All that processing power and I'm mostly playing crash bandicoot and hollow knight, should be ashamed of myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

Got my PS5 setup yesterday and had completely forgot about the adaptive triggers! Could feel them going really tight at random times and thought the controller was broken, my heart!

Loving everything so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

enryb12 wrote: »
    Got my PS5 setup yesterday and had completely forgot about the adaptive triggers! Could feel them going really tight at random times and thought the controller was broken, my heart!

Loving everything so far!

Yeah it's cool when you use them, my R2 is gone really loose now over it, think spring is gone in it and few other people have issues with R2. There is a way to turn adaptive triggers off, I would probably recommend it for people if you don't like it or to extend controller not having issues over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Yeah it's cool when you use them, my R2 is gone really loose now over it, think spring is gone in it and few other people have issues with R2. There is a way to turn adaptive triggers off, I would probably recommend it for people if you don't like it or to extend controller not having issues over it.

Good idea actually! There's some games that I don't think I would want it on, so might switch off and turn it on when I really want it. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

now that people have had the ps5 for a while, do you reckon it was worth it (over a PS4 pro)?
    I'm thinking to wait til near the end of the year, probably until gow2 gets released.

Absolutely.

The visual upgrades and/or framerate upgrades have been incredible either for new games or boosting old games.

Loading times are now negligible across the board which makes a huge difference.

Astro's Playroom was one of the best gaming experiences of my life. I adored it. The PS Plus Collection deserves a huge shout too. I love the interface and the Dualsense too.

I couldn't be happier with it all.

enryb12 wrote: »
    Good idea actually! There's some games that I don't think I would want it on, so might switch off and turn it on when I really want it. Thank you!

For sure I will be doing it on my new controller much prefer it off and hopefully it won't break the r2 in the new controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

It genuinely warms my heart seeing messages from people diggin astrobot. It's probably just lockdown...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    It genuinely warms my heart seeing messages from people diggin astrobot. It's probably just lockdown...

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Actually now that you mentioned the loading times that might just push me to get one :)

It takes Spider Man 3 seconds to load, I’m still amazed every time I turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Im still playing assassins creed odyssey. More or less finished at the stage but swapped over to the PS5 yesterday and continued on with my save. My god, fast travel is actually fast. Makes such a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Parsnips wrote: »
    Sorry
    this doesnt make any sense to me.
    Why go digital if you have the disc already.

I often do this to games I'm unsure on, buy it physical just in case it's crap, and if it isn't I usually trade it in and get the digital on sale. Got the Gold edition via Ubi, so only need the base game now. Will be trading in the physical copy.

But the price is showing today, previously it wasn't so all good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Anybody have a broken up button on the dual sense d pad ?

Brand new out of the box and it’s busy. Rest works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone having issues with their controller , got a second one and the triangle button is now unresponsive , other controller works fine looks likely I will have to send it to Sony.

Pain in the arse resynced it and everything never dropped either , barely used tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Did ye try a controller reset with the little hole on the back? Just to be sure.

Did ye try a controller reset with the little hole on the back? Just to be sure.

Yeah no joy , triangle button is completely dead all other buttons are okay and it's not stuck either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Must try that ðŸ‘
    Hopefully it will work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

CptMackey wrote: »
    Anybody have a broken up button on the dual sense d pad ?

Brand new out of the box and it’s busy. Rest works fine

Have the same issue with one of my controllers.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Have the same issue with one of my controllers.

Sony really have to get a handle on the controller issue its a fair amount of people having issues with it and the console isn't even 3 mths old. It's a great controller but needs to be working properly and not breaking or having issues after this length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

How far away are we from seeing 120fps on warzone? I see they released an update today which runs some games as ps5 instead of ps4.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-03-ps5-system-update-sorts-out-ps4-disc-upgrade-issue

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

SomeSayKos wrote: »

It's the best game on the system so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

akelly02 wrote: »
    why?
    coz it's a jolly game with good vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Astros playroom, just like the VR game before it is just fantastic. If you play it and don't like it then there's probably something wrong in your head. Give me 5-6 hours of that over 100+ hours of cod or the like any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

That game is a great comedic platformer, a showcase for the PS5's capabilities and probably the single most effective nostalgia trip I have ever experienced.

And it was free.

Yeah no joy , triangle button is completely dead all other buttons are okay and it's not stuck either.

Just an update on this think its a software bug got my housemate to try his PS5 and it worked fine.

So will hold off sending it off to replacement as unsure what it might be latest OS update.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just an update on this think its a software bug got my housemate to try his PS5 and it worked fine.

So will hold off sending it off to replacement as unsure what it might be latest OS update.

Did you update the pad firmware?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

fixXxer wrote: »
    Did you update the pad firmware?

Was just about to suggest that!

Advertisement