Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    It genuinely warms my heart seeing messages from people diggin astrobot. It's probably just lockdown...

Love it, must go back and platinum it. Really enjoyed all the past games easter eggs throughout the levels. Especially the Resi one!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Astros playroom, just like the VR game before it is just fantastic. If you play it and don't like it then there's probably something wrong in your head. Give me 5-6 hours of that over 100+ hours of cod or the like any day.

I'm the same. People need to get a the VR headset or the next version.
    Rescue Mission is a masterpiece.
    I'd recommend Moss as well if you haven't played that.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

fixXxer wrote: »
    Did you update the pad firmware?

Yeah its been updated alright they both are 2102 strange out. Update I tried it on my ps5 working fine now ? so strange something with the config was cached and by attaching it to other ps5 it fixed it so strange

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Markitron wrote: »
    That game is a great comedic platformer, a showcase for the PS5's capabilities and probably the single most effective nostalgia trip I have ever experienced.

And it was free.

Agreed, it plays fantastically well and it has loads of nostalgia for me as it plays like the old Nintendo Mario Sunshine (which was tough).

Fantastic free game and brilliant to kick into PS5 gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I look forward to future Astro games. But they've set a very high bar for themselves! I reckon the next Astro game will be for VR2 though. Playroom was fantastic, but I can't see how they could build on it, save for making an Astro game where you play a different Astro per level, and each level is based on a PS game. Now I want that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Yeah its been updated alright they both are 2102 strange out. Update I tried it on my ps5 working fine now ? so strange something with the config was cached and by attaching it to other ps5 it fixed it so strange

Did you delete the controller off the machine? My up button works sporadically. Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

My R2 trigger just broke. No tension in it. I will be on to Harvey Norman tomorrow. Anyone have experience getting dualsense replaced?

So i deleted it off the machine and re connected it and now it’s working. No idea if what I did had anything to do with it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

CptMackey wrote: »
    So i deleted it off the machine and re connected it and now it’s working. No idea if what I did had anything to do with it tho

Yeah I did delete it and that didn't work it was only when it synced up to another ps5 it started working.

I reckon it's a bug with the latest os

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

nedd wrote: »
    My R2 trigger just broke. No tension in it. I will be on to Harvey Norman tomorrow. Anyone have experience getting dualsense replaced?

Update on this. Went to Harvey Norman. Sales clerk argued that they are not responsible for the controller that came with the console. I have to take it up with sony. I fought back and eventually went to manager. I told him it is the controller that came with the console. He got a new controller from the shelf, swapped mine in and said he will take of it.

First person was trying to make me feel I was stealing from them or something. Thankfully I had read enough posts on here to stand my ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

PS5 FIFA 21 champions edition on sale in PS Store for E25. Good price if your interested.

PS5 WRC Rally also on sale E25.

On FIFA. I saw the “next level addition” for PS5. Presumably the graphics are no better in this version vs other editons?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Update on this. Went to Harvey Norman. Sales clerk argued that they are not responsible for the controller that came with the console. I have to take it up with sony. I fought back and eventually went to manager. I told him it is the controller that came with the console. He got a new controller from the shelf, swapped mine in and said he will take of it.

First person was trying to make me feel I was stealing from them or something. Thankfully I had read enough posts on here to stand my ground.

Shouldn't there be some sort of clamp down or some on practices like this. The cynic in me believes that they know exactly what they are doing.

Glad you got sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have to say, since I got a new tv it's a fairly noticeable difference. I wasn't really sure if it would be as most games looked fine to me on my non 4k tv.

Played God of War for a bit and it looked great.

Saying that I'm still playing Bloodborne again at it's 30fps etc. (played my first playthrough a few years ago not know how to parry, now I just parry some of the bosses including blood starved beast)

I'm still all for substance over style/graphics but when you have both it's great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    PS5 FIFA 21 champions edition on sale in PS Store for E25. Good price if your interested.

PS5 WRC Rally also on sale E25.

On FIFA. I saw the “next level addition” for PS5. Presumably the graphics are no better in this version vs other editons?

Yeah, afaik all the editions get the PS5 update for free. Think it’s just extra packs and other bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Where’s best to preorder persona 5 strikers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Finished Miles Morales, brilliant game. Might see if I can swap it now for Demons Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Finished Miles Morales, brilliant game. Might see if I can swap it now for Demons Souls.

Have you played the remastered original?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The game references in Astro's Playroom are just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to emails saying the wallet on my PlayStation had been topped and there were four transactions of €25 each. There was another email saying the email address on my account had been changed. None of this was me. I contacted my bank to cancel my care straight away. It’s just the €100 that went out in the end.

I tried contacting Sony to report the fraud, get my email changed so I can access my account, and look for a refund. I was only able to talk to a robot and they said they won’t have actual operators available until Monday. Surely there is some number I can call on a Sunday?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This has never happened to me before so I’m fairly stressed over it.

Thanks

Redo91 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I woke up this morning to emails saying the wallet on my PlayStation had been topped and there were four transactions of €25 each. There was another email saying the email address on my account had been changed. None of this was me. I contacted my bank to cancel my care straight away. It’s just the €100 that went out in the end.

I tried contacting Sony to report the fraud, get my email changed so I can access my account, and look for a refund. I was only able to talk to a robot and they said they won’t have actual operators available until Monday. Surely there is some number I can call on a Sunday?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This has never happened to me before so I’m fairly stressed over it.

Thanks
    Have you got back into your account?

If you have turn in 2factor Authenticator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hi all,

Thanks

Cancelling your bank card linked to the account was the most important thing to do. The rest will take a while to resolve so no point unduly stressing

Thanks for the replies.

Ya it’s just frustrating but at least I have the card cancelled. Can’t believe Sony/PlayStation don’t have any customer service operators working at the weekend.

Haven’t been able to access the account as they changed the email that was linked. I’ll definitely turn on two step authentication when I get back in. Is there any fear they could have wiped all my trophies or deleted games I have from PS Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks for the replies.

Ya it’s just frustrating but at least I have the card cancelled. Can’t believe Sony/PlayStation don’t have any customer service operators working at the weekend.

Haven’t been able to access the account as they changed the email that was linked. I’ll definitely turn on two step authentication when I get back in. Is there any fear they could have wiped all my trophies or deleted games I have from PS Plus?

Why didn't you have it turned on already? Madness not to

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why didn't you have it turned on already? Madness not to

I didn’t know about it to be honest. Would obviously have had it if I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭jj880

This is why I have a revolut card. When Im not buying online I disable online transactions. Total control in the app and instant notifications for every transaction (and attempted transaction). The amount of fraudulent transactions I see rejected these days is crazy. Legit companies are chancing their arm with sneaky charges also. Revolut will save yer head getting wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Peppa Cig wrote: »

Great catch, thanks. Would never play it enough to justify full price, but this will be perfect for when my nephews visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Well done. I went the Sony way of doing it. I'll report back how long it takes from DPD collection to back in my hands.

Thankfully, I've a functioning DualShock 4 I'm using with Backwards Compatibility and a massive backlog I won't possibly get through!

Playing Control with the upgrades when it comes back.

I've started playing Control and loving it. I had it for ps4 but when I was playing it at time, it was incredibly buggy with performance issues and sort of glad I never got very far in it. Loving it on this playthrough and the use of the controller feedback is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Well done. I went the Sony way of doing it. I'll report back how long it takes from DPD collection to back in my hands.

Thankfully, I've a functioning DualShock 4 I'm using with Backwards Compatibility and a massive backlog I won't possibly get through!

Playing Control with the upgrades when it comes back.

I have to do this, I think I might just buy another dualsense in the meantime, need a spare anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Markitron wrote: »
    I have to do this, I think I might just buy another dualsense in the meantime, need a spare anyway.

I probably would have done this but not too easy to buy one with lockdowns involved

Advertisement