Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone else having issues with the media remote? If I’m not using the PS5 say for a couple of days the remote just stops working. Unpairing it does not fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

FYI I picked up a dual sense at argos click and collect last night and the good news is you get a free game with it.

the bad news is it's PS4 Fallout 76.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

puzl wrote: »

FWIW, it's a lot better since the last update. They've added NPCs and made it much more Fallout-like. Still not a classic, but not bad for a freebie.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, fallout 76 is actually ... Really good. I jumped in after the latest big updates last year and it just feels like a fallout game now that feels like a single player game of that's what you're looking for, highly recommend giving it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

puzl wrote: »
    FYI I picked up a dual sense at argos click and collect last night and the good news is you get a free game with it.

Been looking to get a Dualsense and I am curious about F76 so just reserved one in my local, thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was trying to buy Spiderman this morning and having an awful time with it.

Was using the app and the game would add to the cart but the app keeps timing out when I click add payment method. Then I tried the website, I see the game in my cart but can't open the cart to checkout. I then go back to the app and delete the game from the cart, back to the website to add the game but now the game page won't load properly and I can't get an add to cart or buy button to appear. I then try to add a payment method on the website so I can go back to the app to checkout but the payment management button won't load anything either.

Absolute pain in the arse. Now I have to wait until I'm home to do it on the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was trying to buy Spiderman this morning and having an awful time with it.

Was using the app and the game would add to the cart but the app keeps timing out when I click add payment method. Then I tried the website, I see the game in my cart but can't open the cart to checkout. I then go back to the app and delete the game from the cart, back to the website to add the game but now the game page won't load properly and I can't get an add to cart or buy button to appear. I then try to add a payment method on the website so I can go back to the app to checkout but the payment management button won't load anything either.

Absolute pain in the arse. Now I have to wait until I'm home to do it on the console.

I have problems with the store also. I find the App works fairly well and Chrome Incognito mode on Laptop works the best for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Picked up Miles Morales yesterday. Selected PS5 version but the PS4 disc was installing. Took a few tries to figure out to get to the 'purchase' page for the free download to register. Maybe it's just me but I feel that could work a bit better.

The game looks fantastic. Considering it's cross gen and early days, it will probably be a year before we really see games taking advantage of the system.

There's games where I was amazed on the PS4 Pro and yet it's still a step up, it's hard to see where we could improve from here. Regardless of if you're Xbox or Playstation, the fact we can get these graphics from a console is just mind blowing. No need for a €1,500 graphics card these days.

I'm really looking forward to the next few years, there's some interesting new IPs coming out in the next year or so and I'm really excited to see what the likes of Gran Turismo or a new Grand Theft Auto will look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Picked up Miles Morales yesterday. Selected PS5 version but the PS4 disc was installing. Took a few tries to figure out to get to the 'purchase' page for the free download to register. Maybe it's just me but I feel that could work a bit better.

The game looks fantastic. Considering it's cross gen and early days, it will probably be a year before we really see games taking advantage of the system.

There's games where I was amazed on the PS4 Pro and yet it's still a step up, it's hard to see where we could improve from here. Regardless of if you're Xbox or Playstation, the fact we can get these graphics from a console is just mind blowing. No need for a €1,500 graphics card these days.

I'm really looking forward to the next few years, there's some interesting new IPs coming out in the next year or so and I'm really excited to see what the likes of Gran Turismo or a new Grand Theft Auto will look like.

The 60 FPS/Raytracing mode in that game is some kind of sorcery, combined with the loading times and the dualsense support, it was the kind of next-gen feeling I hadn't felt since Mario 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Are you guys running with the game default FPS etc?

Or manually setting.....

I have 4K TV but without HDR.

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Are you guys running with the game default FPS etc?

Or manually setting.....

I have 4K TV but without HDR.

Which game?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Which game?

Good question.

Did not have a specific one in mind. More of a general question.

But I’m currently playing Spider-Man (Miles), COD Cold War, Sackboy.

Thanks

Good question.

Thanks

Different games have different options for FPS and Resolution.

My preference is 60FPS first. If I've to play at 1080P to get that then I will. For me 60FPS adds more to a game than 4K does.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Hey guys. Just a quick question about CoD Cold War. Thinking of buying the Battle Pass. Is it a one time purchase,or do i have to keep buying a new pass once the season is over. Not very familiar with this as b4 getting the PS5 we only had the PS3. Thanks in advance.

Good question.

Thanks

Beforehand I would have normally chosen quality of performance mode, as I was fine with a locked 30 fps but not fine with 1080p. On PS5 performance mode generally runs at resolutions above 1080p and locked 60 FPS, so been sticking with performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just a quick question about CoD Cold War. Thinking of buying the Battle Pass. Is it a one time purchase,or do i have to keep buying a new pass once the season is over. Not very familiar with this as b4 getting the PS5 we only had the PS3. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if I'm honest, there is a CoD forum here, they may know :

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/501

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Saz2020 wrote: »

As far as I’m aware you can purchase the battle pass one time and if you complete all the tiers which I believe there are 100 you will have gained enough virtual coins to purchase the next battle pass.

So assuming you don’t spend the coins on cosmetics you can purchase the battle pass once and then continue to get future passes for free basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just got PS5 yesterday. Trying to download the new God Of War update. Everytime I check for updates the console says update available and to go to downloads to check progress. When I go to downloads there update isn't there anywhere. Stating up the game tells me to update to latest version but again no sign of an update in the queue. Any ideas or am I doing something wrong here?

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    Just got PS5 yesterday. Trying to download the new God Of War update. Everytime I check for updates the console says update available and to go to downloads to check progress. When I go to downloads there update isn't there anywhere. Stating up the game tells me to update to latest version but again no sign of an update in the queue. Any ideas or am I doing something wrong here?

If you downloaded it, it should already be the latest version. Just check if enhanced performance mode is available, that’s the PS5 mode.

Markitron wrote: »
    If you downloaded it, it should already be the latest version. Just check if enhanced performance mode is available, that’s the PS5 mode.

I transferred it over from an external HD. Dont have that enhanced performance option so not the most recent version. Keep getting a error message now that it can't update. Might delete and reinstall and see if it fixes it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In case anyone isn't following the PlayStation Bargains thread.

The first episode of We Were Here is free until February 22 on the PlayStation Store.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP4697-CUSA24932_00-6782739703863447

Game Description:
    If you don’t know, our games are cooperative first-person puzzle adventures where your goal is to escape, and all you have is a pair of walkie-talkies. You and your partner will be challenged to work together on the same wavelength in order to solve puzzles and explore.

Each game is two player online co-op only, in which players take the roles of Antarctic explorers. The first two games We Were Here and We Were Here Too see players forced to seek cover by a blinding snowstorm, when they come across Castle Rock – a mysterious medieval castle in the wastes of Antarctica. Upon entering, you become separated from each other – can you and your friend escape Castle Rock?

Markitron wrote: »

Downloaded the game again as suggested and seems to be sorted now. Enhanced performance mode is available. Must check it out later

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I see law firms in the US are investigating a potential 'class action lawsuit' against Sony for dualsense drift issues.

Have to say it's annoying for an expensive piece of kit. I have the drift issue myself in one of my two controllers. Annoying to resolve, have to dig up my receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I see law firms in the US are investigating a potential 'class action lawsuit' against Sony for dualsense drift issues.

Have to say it's annoying for an expensive piece of kit. I have the drift issue myself in one of my two controllers. Annoying to resolve, have to dig up my receipt.

Sent mine back through parcel motel yesterday to gamestop to look at in regards the r2 button. Even now with the 2nd controller I have I just turned the haptic feedback off in my controller as I find that's an issue that can break the r2 button eventually if you are into your shooters. Even a bit nervous that this 1 can go and break soon. But really really bad for controllers on people's consoles to be breaking or acting up after this lent of time. Sony really have to sort this out on their ps5 controllers. The controller is unreal looking and pure class but there should be no issues with it at this time so there definitely is problems and there seems a lot with the amount of people it's happening to and will be a lot more as people are only getting their consoles at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Anybody else having bother charging the controller in rest mode?

L'prof wrote: »
    Anybody else having bother charging the controller in rest mode?

I did at launch but it stopped after a day. Check your power settings, if that doesn’t work try seeing if it will charge from a different port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I’ll have a look. I get so little time on it I always forget until I see the low battery symbol flash up

Advertisement