Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TitianGerm wrote: »
    DBrand are after releasing a black faceplate for the PS5.

https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/ps5

I like that site. I'd nearly be tempted by them just because of all the blurbs they have, and the fact that they come across as an evil organization. Black looks amazing in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The dbrand plates do look good but the $49 price tag is extortion for what it is. I also don’t like the way the PS logo has to be filled in on 3rd party plates. I’m sure official plates are only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Waste of time for me anyway. My PS hides behind my tv

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone else had an issue with the controller battery draining overnight? Second time within a few days that I've turned the console on and immediately got a no charge message. First time I thought it was genuine as when I turned the console off the night before the battery did need to be charged but it would have had plenty of charge left when I switched off last night.

Both occasions the console was turned off fully, not put in rest mode (not that that should make a difference really)

I’ve had this issue a couple of times - a fully charged battery being empty when I turn on the console. It hasn’t happened much - two or three times since November, and two of those times just after launch - but annoying nonetheless. There’s no question the controller is generally holding a charge otherwise, so was wondering if it was perhaps a firmware issue somewhere along the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Rift Apart PS5 exclusive?
    Wonder how they decide which to be cross gen. Like after Miles Morales, the new Horizon and God of War are both cross gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder how they decide which to be cross gen. Like after Miles Morales, the new Horizon and God of War are both cross gen.

Pretty sure it is PS5 exclusive, the only way the game is really possible is because of quicker loading times with the SSD

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

As far as I'm aware yes it supposedly relies heavily on the SSD load times but that could be all marketing hype

Weren't there parts in Miles Morales that were "only possible with the SSD"? Like that clip they kept showing of Miles catapulting himself out the window of a warehouse into the city
    And they've said Horizon and GoW have been designed for the PS5 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Weren't there parts in Miles Morales that were "only possible with the SSD"? Like that clip they kept showing of Miles catapulting himself out the window of a warehouse into the city
    And they've said Horizon and GoW have been designed for the PS5 first.

Well in terms of Rift Apart, it'd be possible to have the same game absolutely id say, but it would have to involve loading times on PS4 with the jumping through dimensions whereas SSD allows it to be instant

I heard ones talking about that before watching the trailer and the 7 minute gameplay demo and the parts going from one area to another didn't seem too different than going through a tight opening they use to disguise loading in other games. May take a wee bit longer to go through the rifts, but could probably still be done on the PS4.
    Or maybe I missed something.

Anyway, exclusives are good.
    I really must play a Ratchet & Clank game at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I heard ones talking about that before watching the trailer and the 7 minute gameplay demo and the parts going from one area to another didn't seem too different than going through a tight opening they use to disguise loading in other games. May take a wee bit longer to go through the rifts, but could probably still be done on the PS4.
    Or maybe I missed something.

Anyway, exclusives are good.
    I really must play a Ratchet & Clank game at some point.

There's one free in the PS Plus Collection. I gave it an hour with the kids, and it seems like good fun, pretty nice art style for the NPCs etc

Think that's a remake of the first. I think I have the collection on PS3 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Think that's a remake of the first. I think I have the collection on PS3 as well

Yeah it's a re imagining of the very first game

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ladymolly

Anyone know how to fix this. When I load the disc I can't play the game but when I click on its downloaded the game three times? I've reset console but could it be the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

It looks like the whole installing ps4 version of disc while ps5 version is downloading is still happening...

Have Borderlands 3 downloaded on PS5 was working with disc without PS4 version installed then this morning it starts installing the PS4 version...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

ladymolly wrote: »
    Anyone know how to fix this. When I load the disc I can't play the game but when I click on its downloaded the game three times? I've reset console but could it be the game?

So just to be clear, you are installing a game from disc and it won't run even though it says its installed?

Markitron wrote: »
    So just to be clear, you are installing a game from disc and it won't run even though it says its installed?

Ye,when the disc is inserted it keeps copying and won't let the game play at all. Yet it keeps saying it's installed .

Ye,when the disc is inserted it keeps copying and won't let the game play at all. Yet it keeps saying it's installed .

I tried a free download also and the same problem it's trying to download everything twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I tried a free download also and the same problem it's trying to download everything twice.

What's the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Make sure you've the right version selected, press the options key on gamer icon or the 3 dots beside the name, and select the different versions just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

My PS5 done the old spiderman loop ****e again the other day. When the game is DL and you play something else and go back to it you have to re-install the whole game!

Absolutely infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

For anyone who hasn't played spiderman remastered, you can get it for 27e on enema site. Purchased it using paypal amd worked perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

padair wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't played spiderman remastered, you can get it for 27e on enema site. Purchased it using paypal amd worked perfect

Thanks for that, bought a buttload :D

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Thanks for that, bought a buttload :D

Lol eneba site. Ahem, nothing to see here

The last of us part two 17.99 in argos for wanting waiting to play on Ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

The last of us part two 17.99 in argos for wanting waiting to play on Ps5

Do you think Last of Us will get a PS5 upgrade like say God of War?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Peppa Cig wrote: »

It’s rumoured to be on the way, but even without it the game looks glorious on the PS5. It’s a steal at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Peppa Cig wrote: »

IMO it is inevitable, and at this point I expect it to be a much more extensive upgrade than GoW received.

Markitron wrote: »
    IMO it is inevitable, and at this point I expect it to be a much more extensive upgrade than GoW received.

If it is they will release it as a new game. They did a remastered on the last of us from ps3 to ps4. Maybe this time it will be free but don't hold your breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If it is they will release it as a new game. They did a remastered on the last of us from ps3 to ps4. Maybe this time it will be free but don't hold your breath

With TLOU Remastered though, PS3 games weren't playable on PS4 as there was no backwards compatibility, plus the remaster included the DLC as standard. So they had to release it as a new game.

If they did that with TLOU2 they'd be slaughtered because they'd be the outliers, as no one else is doing that. Maybe they'd release a version of it bundled with whatever multiplayer mode is likely coming, but I've no doubt they'd also offer a free straight upgrade for PS4 to PS5 for the base game.

Advertisement