Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

padair wrote: »
    If it is they will release it as a new game. They did a remastered on the last of us from ps3 to ps4. Maybe this time it will be free but don't hold your breath

I 100% expect them to charge for it at this point, I have no problem with that as long as the game gets the kind of upgrades TLOU 1 did, that was an extensive port. If it was just gonna be a quick framerate bump I think they would have done that by now.
    Penn wrote: »
    With TLOU Remastered though, PS3 games weren't playable on PS4 as there was no backwards compatibility, plus the remaster included the DLC as standard. So they had to release it as a new game.

If they did that with TLOU2 they'd be slaughtered because they'd be the outliers, as no one else is doing that. Maybe they'd release a version of it bundled with whatever multiplayer mode is likely coming, but I've no doubt they'd also offer a free straight upgrade for PS4 to PS5 for the base game.

They charged for the upgraded version of Spiderman so I don't see why they wouldn't do that again. Considering the massive upgrades that game received I think I would be OK with it, but they need to make it easier this time.

If I was to guess I reckon this comes out as a full PS5 game some time this summer with the factions mode included. It will cost 60 quid and there will be a 20 quid upgrade option for PS4 users. If they have a 60 fps 4K mode and a 30 FPS RT mode, with some upgraded textures and dualsense support, I think this would be acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

klose wrote: »
    So what should I be looking for in terms of external storage? ssd worth the higher price over hdd? Any brands in particular? Thanks

I wouldn't in a million years be buying an old style spinning disk in 2021, they're slow, fragile and especially when thrown behind a PS5 permanently are susceptible to critical failure as they're very vulnerable to damage while actively reading from disc etc.

Go for the largest SSD you can afford in a good USB enclosure is my advice.

Ugreen do a good enclosure that doesn't even need a screwdriver.

Also SSDs are good for high mileage - I've older ones at home on the go for 10 years that get repurposed and dropped into a laptop etc - They're a good investment into the future.

fixXxer wrote: »
    No SSD drives have been approved by Sony so hold off on those. Any USB 3.0 drive will do fine if its PS4/Media stuff you're storing.

Different story - No news from Sony yet re the officially approved NVMe drives for the free expansion slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Different story - No news from Sony yet re the officially approved NVMe drives for the free expansion slot.

I wish they would get the finger out on this i'm already having to delete games to install new ones. I brought some PS4 games over to my PS5 like RD2, TLOU2, GOW as well as PS5 demon souls, Valhalla, Spiderman and i do not have much space left. I've rubbish internet speed so its a real pain deleting a game unless i'm really never going to go back to it - must platinum spiderman so i can delete that.

I wanted to replay TLOU2, GOW and Red Dead on the PS5 so that is why they are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

padair wrote: »
    The last of us part two 17.99 in argos for wanting waiting to play on Ps5

Thanks, have one reserved there. Always find argos can be good for snags like this they just seem to randomly drop prices on games every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Markitron wrote: »
    They charged for the upgraded version of Spiderman so I don't see why they wouldn't do that again. Considering the massive upgrades that game received I think I would be OK with it, but they need to make it easier this time.

If I was to guess I reckon this comes out as a full PS5 game some time this summer with the factions mode included. It will cost 60 quid and there will be a 20 quid upgrade option for PS4 users. If they have a 60 fps 4K mode and a 30 FPS RT mode, with some upgraded textures and dualsense support, I think this would be acceptable.

The Spider-man Remaster though came with all DLC included, but even then it wasn't a full price game. It was only 20euro. I just don't see ND charging for a PS5 upgrade unless it's bundled with something else like the multiplayer mode.

If it's just a visual patch like God of War, Ghost of Tsushima or Days Gone, it'll almost definitely be free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Penn wrote: »
    If it's just a visual patch like God of War, Ghost of Tsushima or Days Gone, it'll almost definitely be free.

If they were going to do that, I think they would have done it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

ERG89 wrote: »

Was only a matter of time I Guess. the current VR is a massive pain to set up with the PS5, so word that the new model will only require one cord to the PS5 is very welcomed.

Wonder now how much i can get for the VR with 2 move controllers and the gun yokie mathingy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Was only a matter of time I Guess. the current VR is a massive pain to set up with the PS5, so word that the new model will only require one cord to the PS5 is very welcomed.

Wonder now how much i can get for the VR with 2 move controllers and the gun yokie mathingy

Could be why they put the USB-C port on the front of the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

TitianGerm wrote: »

Definitely makes sense. I wish they had another one on the back though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

hey, anyone else have trouble with ps4 saves transferring to the PS5? I sold my PS4 pre-xmas and manually uploaded all saves to the cloud as psplus user before wiping it. Finally got my Ps5 last week and when I go to the cloud the get my saves for Bloodborne, Day's gone, Nioh 2 etc they ain't there. I'm think I may need to get a hold of a Ps4 again and do the manual transfer? It's a bit annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

TitianGerm wrote: »

1000%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Would love to give VR another go. I got headaches from the first one though, and it was super awkward with glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

gerrybbadd wrote: »

You'll get €80 credit for the PSVR, not sure about the controllers though, not much more I'd imagine.

Edit: Should have said, that's GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For cash, CEX giving €91 for boxed PSVR, 40 for a Move controller and 26 for the Aim

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Absolutely jumping on PSVR2, especially since it’s coming with new controllers and a rumoured Horizon spin off

I'm just glad that this time the controllers are being made specifically for the headset, instead of the hybrid dualshock/move set up.

The dual sense features on them could potentially be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AhSureYano

Does anyone know where to buy the Arctis 7P headset, can't find it in stock anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

AhSureYano wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to buy the Arctis 7P headset, can't find it in stock anywhere?

Seems to be all out of stock at the moment. If your looking at the 7p, why not go for the 7x, it will give you the added benifit of also been compatable with the xbox. Buy direct with steelseries and google discount codes to get the price down to 156ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

Kimbot wrote: »
    Seems to be all out of stock at the moment. If your looking at the 7p, why not go for the 7x, it will give you the added benifit of also been compatable with the xbox. Buy direct with steelseries and google discount codes to get the price down to 156ish.

I'm looking for the 7p or 7x also but both are out of stock everywhere. I am refreshing the Steelseries page daily :-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nedd wrote: »
    I'm looking for the 7p or 7x also but both are out of stock everywhere. I am refreshing the Steelseries page daily :-(

Well they will be the first with stock so just keep trying. I was the same for a few weeks and at the start of the year and I only got them in stock the end of january.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Has there been many drops of the digital edition? I've had 2 opportunities now to purchase the disc version, order was in my cart an all just really want the digital version. Seems like the stock is never replenished.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

nedd wrote: »

Big bucks!

Are they that much better than 3D Pulse or others?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Big bucks!

Thanks

My experience with headphones is you get what you pay for. The Arctis 7's are reviewing very good with all major sites saying they are the best. My brother has the 7P, I tried them on and they are some of the most comfortable headphones I have tried.

I have large enough ears and the Pulse headset looks too small for me.

rizzla wrote: »
    Has there been many drops of the digital edition? I've had 2 opportunities now to purchase the disc version, order was in my cart an all just really want the digital version. Seems like the stock is never replenished.

There is a thread for pre-ordering which might be more helpful to you. As far as I can tell the digital version is slightly more difficult to get than the disc version. There is stock every 5 or 6 weeks roughly but it sells out instantly, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. The thread I mentioned is your best bet for that.

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Big bucks!

Thanks

I bought them after reading reviews and a few recommendations from on here, my old headset would get really sore after about an hour or so. I have had the 7x for just under a week now and the comfort is a huge plus for me with them. Sound quality is impressive too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Advertisement