Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

No, I had it up and got email to say it has been deleted. Cost me a fiver and all. Can’t understand why you can sell a PS4 for more than it’s worth but not a PS5 for even less than I spent on it considering I’ve to forfeit the money I spent on Spider-Man and Dirt !!

*In fairness when I look there now at the email they sent me, it’s clear as day ps5’s and the new Xbox are banned, so entirely my fault for not reading first.

They probably have a good reason tbf, I can't imagine that particular item made their lives any easier for the last few months.

Ask around your friends and anyone you work with, someone will bite your hand off for that thing. You probably have a load of PMs already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Kimbot wrote: »
    Wonda, can you name 3/4 launch titles from the PS3 & PS4 launches that made them better launches?

Blast Factor
    Call of Duty 3
    Genji: Days of the Blade
    Madden NFL 07
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
    NBA 07
    NBA 2K7
    Need for Speed Carbon
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    Ridge Racer 7
    Tony Hawk's Project 8
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
    Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Not saying all them games are better but at least you had choice!

PS4 Launch titles

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
    Battlefield 4
    Blacklight Retribution
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Contrast
    DC Universe Online
    FIFA 14
    Flower
    Injustice: Gods Among Us -- Ultimate Edition
    Just Dance 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall
    Knack
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    Madden NFL 25
    NBA 2k14
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Resogun
    Sound Shapes
    Super Motherload
    Trine 2: Complete Story
    Warframe

Again alot of choice...

Can you imagine if the PS5 was not backward compatible, the choice of games to play would be even worse.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Yeah its not like there is a worldwide pandemic going on or something that would effect game development. UNFORGIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh here, the PS5 was in development long before the pandemic :rolleyes: Sure it hampered stock and distribution but not games being developed for LAUNCH. Yes, post launch titles will most likely suffer.
    Markitron wrote: »
    I don’t get criticisms of the PS5 launch at all. Demons Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy and Astro is as solid a first party line up as we have seen in ages.

Demon Souls is very good especially if you loved and played the originals. I played it and cleared it only because there was nothing else to play tbh, its not a game for newcomers. Im not a fan of the genre....

Astro was brilliant (no argument there) and tbh I taught the original Spiderman was better then MM but the 60fps is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Markitron wrote: »
    They probably have a good reason tbf, I can't imagine that particular item made their lives any easier for the last few months.

Ask around your friends and anyone you work with, someone will bite your hand off for that thing. You probably have a load of PMs already.

Ah sure I’m nearly 40, just haven’t the time to play it so it’s turned out to be an awful waste of money for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    "PlayStation Store to discontinue movie and TV show purchases, rentals" - Polygon

I never used this service myself. In fact, I don't think I know anyone who did!

Bummer. I've used it a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah sure I’m nearly 40, just haven’t the time to play it so it’s turned out to be an awful waste of money for me.

So basically you're saying you're putting family and/or work before gaming? Scrub... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Went to turn on the PS5 this evening to claim the Plus games for this month.

Console beeped when I turned it on and light flashed blue about five times, then white five times and then solid white. No output to the TV.

Tried shutting down using the power button as per Sony instructions and I got white flashing lights, followed by blue then orange, after about 30 seconds all lights finally turned off.

Tried turning on again and the exact same thing happened so I did a force shutdown by holding the power button and then unplugged for 30 seconds. Still no joy.

Same story on another TV. Eventually got it going on the PC monitor on the third go. I hope to God this isn't the start of issues popping up, I'm already having an issue with the right trigger on my controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

So basically you're saying you're putting family and/or work before gaming? Scrub... :pac:

I'm 34. A few months before Christmas my 4 1/2 year old nephew saw my ps4 controller and absolutely roasted me by saying what I was doing playing video games. I was too old for them!!! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Brian017 wrote: »
    I'm 34. A few months before Christmas my 4 1/2 year old nephew saw my ps4 controller and absolutely roasted me by saying what I was doing playing video games. I was too old for them!!! :pac::D

I'm 37 and gaming more than I ever did. But I've deliberately avoided having kids and even a missus (well, maybe the missus isn't deliberate, but very few are interested in a 37 year old gamer with no interest in kids!).

Play your 4.5 year old nephew on a game you're good at and rub his smart little face in your win. Then tell him he needs to "git gud", face slam him into the table and walk away saying "Welcome to life!". If you could have an explosion in the background as you say that line, all the better.

Probably best I don't have kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Im 44 and still gaming and will until I cant hold a controller anymore.

I have to say Im very VERY dissapointed with the PS5 release so far. very little to get excited about gamewise
    IM still playing Apex and Rocket league waiting on something good to arrive.
    Im a few hours into "Days gone" and very surprised how good it was compared to some reviews it got on release that really turned me off it .
    Unlike Potential-Monke above I have a wife and 3 teenagers. 2 of which are big gamers themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Went to turn on the PS5 this evening to claim the Plus games for this month.

Console beeped when I turned it on and light flashed blue about five times, then white five times and then solid white. No output to the TV.

Tried shutting down using the power button as per Sony instructions and I got white flashing lights, followed by blue then orange, after about 30 seconds all lights finally turned off.

Tried turning on again and the exact same thing happened so I did a force shutdown by holding the power button and then unplugged for 30 seconds. Still no joy.

Same story on another TV. Eventually got it going on the PC monitor on the third go. I hope to God this isn't the start of issues popping up, I'm already having an issue with the right trigger on my controller.

This happens my PS5 a lot. I find if you press the disc eject button (if a disc version), seems to wake it, booting into repair mode

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    This happens my PS5 a lot. I find if you press the disc eject button (if a disc version), seems to wake it, booting into repair mode

Sounds like a random software bug, maybe formatting the unit completely would fix it? Hopefully they eliminate it in the next firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

We need quick resume like X Box. It's weird that it doesn't have it

I had to google what that was. I generally only play one game at a time these days so it’s an issue that doesn’t really affect me

I’m blown away at how quickly I can resume whatever game I’m playing though. The PS loads up the profile selection screen quicker than my tv turns on too :p So whenever I’m turning on both at the same time I’m playing the game less than 5s after selecting my profile

Is there any more word when the expandable memory feature will be enabled?

Is there any more word when the expandable memory feature will be enabled?

Just sometime this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Gave up my PS5 few days after launch due to the coil whine, finally will be collecting a new one this Sunday!! been a long 3/4 months, didnt think id miss a game like Fall Guys ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gave up my PS5 few days after launch due to the coil whine, finally will be collecting a new one this Sunday!! been a long 3/4 months, didnt think id miss a game like Fall Guys ha!

Let us know how it sounds!

Stories like this make me paranoid that mine is the same but I can’t hear it because it’s too far away and the Soundbar is too loud :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Let us know how it sounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

L'prof wrote: »
    Stories like this make me paranoid that mine is the same but I can’t hear it because it’s too far away and the Soundbar is too loud :pac:

If you can't hear it, does it matter.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does that make a bear catholic?

If you can't hear it, does it matter.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does that make a bear catholic?

If it’s there then there’s something wrong. Could lead to a kablammo down the road :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

L'prof wrote: »

How loud is everyone's? Mine comes in at 65db when starting up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If there's noise people should try lifting the console, if it gets quieter then that means it's the vibrations going through whatever it's on. Especially if you've any IKEA like furniture that's hollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

padair wrote: »
    How loud is everyone's? Mine comes in at 65db when starting up

Practically silent for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

All the PS4 versions had X6 Blu ray drives (why the Pro never did 4k), but the PS5 is X16. So at max read that's the difference between ~5K and ~13K RPM.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

Wow, the sound it makes when you first put a disk in sounds like a bloody microwave. :eek:

Just ran my first backwards compatible game on it and had no problems whatsoever. Downloaded from the PS4 cloud storage and installed the disc & updates with no problems. :) Thank goodness that there are separate storages for PS4 and PS5!

Another nice change: it gives you the option of how much video footage you'd like to capture now so no more unnecessary 15 minute long videos taking up storage capacity prior to editing when you only need about 1 minute.

Hate to break it to you but that was a PS4 feature too! Took me a good few GB to figure that out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hate to break it to you but that was a PS4 feature too! Took me a good few GB to figure that out though.

Was that not only on the Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

fixXxer wrote: »
    Was that not only on the Pro?

I set it to 60 seconds on my PS4 Slim

Advertisement