Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I used to be one of them but stopped on Plat #30 i think. I found it was starting to affect my enjoyment of games. Those grinding trophies can do one.

I love trophies but if I don’t have over 50% at the end of a game I can’t be arsed. There’s some that you just know are gonna be a pain to get too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

*cries in Riddler trophies*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

L'prof wrote: »
    I love trophies but if I don’t have over 50% at the end of a game I can’t be arsed. There’s some that you just know are gonna be a pain to get too

Crash bandicoot.... flip that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,199 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, like I said, I just decided to keep going as was already nearly there and no crazy trophies like completing and collecting everything or having to play through the whole game again.
    Also helps that could use accessibility options such as one hit kill and immortality to quickly get through things.
    Plus it's just a really enjoyable game to play once you have all the powers, apart from the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I do get annoyed when you finish a game and they give you **** all trophies though. The PS3 version of TLOU was particularly bad for this. I finished that game and got like 2 trophies for it.

• Advertisement

What's the site for checking how long you spent playing a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

CastorTroy wrote: »

It's on your profile on your PS5 console.

From the PlayStation 5 home screen, click on your profile avatar in the top right corner. Scroll down to "Profile" and from there, use the D-pad to scroll over to "Games."

All of your PlayStation 4 and PS5 games will appear in the order they were last played or accessed. Either press "X" or scroll down, and you'll be able to see how long it's been since you played them, your total play hours, and your trophy progress.

From the PlayStation 5 home screen, click on your profile avatar in the top right corner. Scroll down to "Profile" and from there, use the D-pad to scroll over to "Games."

All of your PlayStation 4 and PS5 games will appear in the order they were last played or accessed. Either press "X" or scroll down, and you'll be able to see how long it's been since you played them, your total play hours, and your trophy progress.

I found that thing to be wildly inaccurate for about half the games I played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Markitron wrote: »
    I found that thing to be wildly inaccurate for about half the games I played.

It has been fairly spot on for me I think.

Only exception is for games where I play online. It doesn't seem like you have spent that much time on them...and then you see the hours you've run up.

Ah sure what's another week of my life give or take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

CastorTroy wrote: »

https://www.exophase.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sony really need to update the UI so a long hold on the PS controller button puts the PS5 into restmode or power off. It takes about 10 button presses at the moment.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Sony really need to update the UI so a long hold on the PS controller button puts the PS5 into restmode or power off. It takes about 10 button presses at the moment.

It takes 4, hardly the end of the world.

Markitron wrote: »
    It takes 4, hardly the end of the world.

No it doesn't. It takes 6 so I was off with 10 as well.

Press PS button
    Press down
    Press left
    Press X
    Press down
    Press X

It's a step backwards from the PS4 way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

No it doesn't. It takes 6 so I was off with 10 as well.

Press PS button
    Press down
    Press left
    Press X
    Press down
    Press X

It's a step backwards from the PS4 way.

Press PS Button
    Go to bottom dock, press power icon, press turn off PS4 or Rest mode - which ever you want to do.

Press PS Button
    Go to bottom dock, press power icon, press turn off PS4 or Rest mode - which ever you want to do.

On the PS4 you could hold down the PS button though to get a shutdown option.

There's no bottom dock on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

On the PS4 you could hold down the PS button though to get a shutdown option.

There's no bottom dock on the PS4?

Apologies, I meant PS5.

Apologies, I meant PS5.

Ah now I get you. As I said it's 6 button presses to turn off the console. It was much better on PS4.

That worked, thanks. So 34 hours to get all trophies in Control and its DLC plus some other side tasks. with that I think I'm done
    JimBurnley wrote: »
    Yeah that's the one I was thinking of. Been playing every evening this week but last updated on the 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hey prob a silly question. Never played God of War so going to start it now. Have downloaded it to the ps5. Do I need to do anything additional to make sure I'm playing the optimized upgrade. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Hey prob a silly question. Never played God of War so going to start it now. Have downloaded it to the ps5. Do I need to do anything additional to make sure I'm playing the optimized upgrade. Thanks all.

So long as it’s the newest version you should be good to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Is it the PS+ Collection version?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Is it the PS+ Collection version?

It’s all the same PS4 game and it’ll download the latest version that unlocks 4K60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Are there any features that the Pulse headset has that you can't get by using a different headset? I know on the PS4 most bluetooth headphones couldn't connect, but if I connect a pair of headphones to the dualsense, will I get the 3d audio thing?

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Are there any features that the Pulse headset has that you can't get by using a different headset? I know on the PS4 most bluetooth headphones couldn't connect, but if I connect a pair of headphones to the dualsense, will I get the 3d audio thing?

If you've only got €100 to spend I don't think you'll get better. If you've a bit more to spend I think it's hard to look past the Arctis 7P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

If you've only got €100 to spend I don't think you'll get better. If you've a bit more to spend I think it's hard to look past the Arctis 7P.

I'm probably going to get the Sony wh-1000xm4s. Just wondering if they'll work as well with the PS5 as the pulse would.

I'm probably going to get the Sony wh-1000xm4s. Just wondering if they'll work as well with the PS5 as the pulse would.

They'll probably sound better but I'm not sure if chat will work?

I use the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2's with mine. Really really impressed with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I have the xm3 amd the steel series 7p sounds better time my opinion amd is alot more comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭nedd

padair wrote: »
    I have the xm3 amd the steel series 7p sounds better time my opinion amd is alot more comfortable

I have the Bose Nc700 and while they are better for music and the noise canceling is amazing the Arctis 7p sound better gaming. The 3d audio is much more noticeable with them.

I also totally agree with the earlier poster about turning off the PS5 taking too many button presses. It is a small thing but it is a step back from PS4. And its something I have to do everytime I play.

Lastly, when I turn on the PS5 with headphones connected the boot up sound shouldn't play through the tv. That is definitely a bug in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

nedd wrote: »
    I have the Bose Nc700 and while they are better for music and the noise canceling is amazing the Arctis 7p sound better gaming. The 3d audio is much more noticeable with them.

I also totally agree with the earlier poster about turning off the PS5 taking too many button presses. It is a small thing but it is a step back from PS4. And its something I have to do everytime I play.

Lastly, when I turn on the PS5 with headphones connected the boot up sound shouldn't play through the tv. That is definitely a bug in my opinion.

Yeah I’ve noticed the headphone thing too. Minor gripe but shouldn’t happen is right. I tend to turn on the PS before I turn on the TV or switch sources now

Just on turning of the PS5 and the button presses. It’s just occurred to me now to be honest. If, like me, you use rest mode almost exclusively could you just press the PS button and let the console enter rest mode itself? How long would that take? 5 minutes maybe?

Advertisement