Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If you have VR, Astro is absolutely a must, pure and utter joy.

Reminder to everyone to play Subnautica and push through the first 30 minutes of not knowing what's going on. Also suggest playing on the mode where you don't need food. Such a brilliant game that doesn't need you needing distractions like eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Guide on how to enable 60FPS in Subnautica here. It does disable trophies for the entire game though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/md7ixh/how_to_get_60fps_in_subnautica/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Watch Dogs Legion will be available for a free trial from 25th March to 29th March. As part of the promotional period you’ll be able to explore half of the city’s boroughs, progress the story “up to the Skye Larson mission”.

How does one get this? Was looking around last night on the store and could not see it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

madmoe wrote: »
    How does one get this? Was looking around last night on the store and could not see it?

Thanks

I just searched for it on the App and the PS4 and PS5 version is free (albeit noting its a trial).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Slight tangent, but I wonder will the blockage in the Suez cause issues with PS5 restocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Was watch dogs legion meant to be free this weekend? Can only find the pay version on the store

duploelabs wrote: »
    Was watch dogs legion meant to be free this weekend? Can only find the pay version on the store

Download it from the app. It's only the PS4 version though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Niska wrote: »
    Slight tangent, but I wonder will the blockage in the Suez cause issues with PS5 restocks.

Didn't that happen with the PS2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Didn't that happen with the PS2?

I did notknow that but apparently it did!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/not-much-fun-for-game-fans-as-play-station-stocks-run-out-1.1169080?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

ERG89 wrote: »

Terrible timing for me, just finished it last night. D'oh. Really fun platform shooter tho, recommend everyone gives it a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

sorry folks for asking here, is the pulse 3D headset compatible with the ps4, as In wireless? I'll eventually but a ps5 but I just need a wireless headset right now and I don't wanna buy the pulse and then have to plug a lead into controller.

thanks in advance for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

sorry folks for asking here, is the pulse 3D headset compatible with the ps4, as In wireless? I'll eventually but a ps5 but I just need a wireless headset right now and I don't wanna buy the pulse and then have to plug a lead into controller.

Looks like it does work, but I haven't tried it

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/jlcsnd/connect_pulse_3d_to_ps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭divide_by_zero

I bought it a while back in anticipation of getting a PS5, haven't got one yet so using it with my PS4 and it works fine. I've been playing Hellblade with it and I think it's great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Are you 100% set on the pulse 3d? If not throw an extra 50-60 and get the steelseries 7x/7p (Go with 7x if using it on multiple devices like PC/Xbox/Switch/Phone, 7p will work with all except the xbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Hi folks, casual gamer here ordered a ps5 today having taken a break from playing games for a couple of years, so just wondering what advice/games to get would you more experienced bunch have for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

markc91 wrote: »
    Hi folks, casual gamer here ordered a ps5 today having taken a break from playing games for a couple of years, so just wondering what advice/games to get would you more experienced bunch have for me!

If you haven't played games in a while, check out a couple of 'Greatest PS4 Games' lists and pick up some of the one that interest you cheaply in sales on the PS store - there's always sales and most games will be reduced at some point. Nearly all PS4 games are compatible with the PS5 and you're going to have much more of a library to choose from compared to the very meagre PS5 library that's there at the moment. I'd recommend getting PS Plus as well, there's free games every month that you can play as long as you've subscribed.

Actually, Sony are running a play at home promotion and are giving away about 10-12 free games until the end of April I think so get your hands on those as soon as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If you pick up PlayStation Plus, you'll pick up 20 games in their PlayStation Plus Collection from all different genres and types, a lot of which of which are stone cold classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If you pick up PlayStation Plus, you'll pick up 20 games in their PlayStation Plus Collection from all different genres and types, a lot of which of which are stone cold classics.

This.

Some good games in that collection. Good starting point for someone who doesn't already have a library of games

4K/60fps patch is out now for Ratchet and Clank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Every 4k/60 update that isn't Bloodborne is like another stab to the heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

There must be a good reason, I doubt it is complacency, it didn't even get a PS4 Pro patch and it only came out the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Its coming, i'm sure of it. Digital Foundry have recently shown it to be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Its coming, i'm sure of it. Digital Foundry have recently shown it to be possible.

I wouldn't say it's possible based solely on what DF shown. They received 1080p60 footage and used a 3090 to upscale it to 4k60. I'd say it is possible but how easy and how many contracts get in the way are the difficult parts.

I wouldn't say it's possible based solely on what DF shown. They received 1080p60 footage and used a 3090 to upscale it to 4k60. I'd say it is possible but how easy and how many contracts get in the way are the difficult parts.

And even then it still has the frame-pacing issues. At this point I think they are just going to remaster it for whenever they have a gap in their release schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Is Bloodborne really good?

Must try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Is Bloodborne really good?

Must try it.

Marmite game, I hated it

Marmite game, I hated it

It’s one of the highest rated games of the last decade, hardly what ye would call marmite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Marmite game, I hated it

Can this guy be banned please?

Advertisement