Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since I saw them on PS Now, I'm surprised the first 2 Infamous games haven't been brought to the PS4, and now the Ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

duploelabs wrote: »
    Marmite game, I hated it

I tried so many times to get into it...but it just wasn't happening.
    Also a reason why I'm staying away from Demon Souls, as much as both games look amazing and get smashing reviews. :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DrZeuss wrote: »
    I tried so many times to get into it...but it just wasn't happening.
    Also a reason why I'm staying away from Demon Souls, as much as both games look amazing and get smashing reviews. :o

Yeah, I found it very difficult. Couldn't get past the first fat lad, then couldn't kill the remaining people in the procession......:o Apologies for any spoilers......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Markitron wrote: »
    It’s one of the highest rated games of the last decade, hardly what ye would call marmite

It's also fairly punishingly difficult, as are all the souls type games, and while some people love that, plenty hate it. And I would very much suspect that the more 'Hardcore' gamer market, would both be more likely to enjoy the difficulty, and also be more likely to be the type to leave reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

oeb wrote: »
    It's also fairly punishingly difficult, as are all the souls type games, and while some people love that, plenty hate it. And I would very much suspect that the more 'Hardcore' gamer market, would both be more likely to enjoy the difficulty, and also be more likely to be the type to leave reviews.

It's not that difficult. Before I started playing Souls games I used to just Leroy Jenkins into enemies and 95% of the time it worked. With Souls game you've to pick your fights and can't take on large numbers and need to bait enemies into 1v1 fights.

You just need to change the way you tackle the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Markitron wrote: »
    It’s one of the highest rated games of the last decade, hardly what ye would call marmite

It's joint 24th in best selling PS4 games with 2 million units sold. GTAV is on top with 20 million. God of War has 12 million. Ghost of Tsushima has 6.5 million. I wouldn't say it's very popular in the scheme of things.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's not that difficult. Before I started playing Souls games I used to just Leroy Jenkins into enemies and 95% of the time it worked. With Souls game you've to pick your fights and can't take on large numbers and need to bait enemies into 1v1 fights.

You just need to change the way you tackle the game.

Ie: they need to flesh it out somehow because it's just not that good to begin with. /hides

Ie: they need to flesh it out somehow because it's just not that good to begin with. /hides

Johnny can you ban this guy as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I've yet to have to charge the controller while playing (which is just as well because the lead is too short). They've really improved on the battery life.

Did you change anything in the settings to get them to last longer?
    Mine is fine but not a huge improvement or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

4K/60fps patch is out now for Ratchet and Clank.

How do you know if you have the 60fps patch?

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    How do you know if you have the 60fps patch?

You should get a download when you turn on your console.
    Don't worry, you'll notice the difference in gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

You should get a download when you turn on your console.
    Don't worry, you'll notice the difference in gameplay.

Night and day difference in game play for me.

padair wrote: »
    Night and day difference in game play for me.

Yup. It looks and plays amazing. Cannot wait to see what types of games come out now. The future looks bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Gotvmyslef a PS5 today and the stupid thing doesn't even turn on. Have to post it to Sony for repair/replacement. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Gotvmyslef a PS5 today and the stupid thing doesn't even turn on. Have to post it to Sony for repair/replacement. Ffs

That's mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do you know if you have 2 versions of the game in the trophies? If you do, they be separate. If not, they be linked if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

A question:

So we know that some PS4 games will auto pop trophies on the PS5 when you upgrade. What I want to know is, can this happen the other way round? For instance, I want to play Destiny 2 with the PS5 patch. I've got the platinum on PS4 but still need to do a few DLC trophies. If I get the remaining DLC trophiea on the playstation 5 patch will it auto pop on the PS4?

Had a google, from what i can find, it sounds like it will work that way yes. - https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/102143-will-unlocking-trophies-on-the-ps5-also-unlock-them-on-ps4/?do=findComment&comment=2257782

Sounds like If you're playing on PS5 and progress the game enough to earn a trophy, you get your PS5 trophy, then when you log in on PS4, the PS4 will check your save on Bungies servers and see that you've progressed enough to earn a trophy and you'll get another trophy for the PS4 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Was playing God of War last night with a mate,both started fresh saves.

So we started a voice chat then both shared our screens,made his screen picture in picture on my screen and he did the same. So we were kinda playing through it together!!

Really nice little feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

How does one get rid of the junk icons on the system after uninstalling a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lads could anyone recommend a good telly to pick out? I’m using a big standard 32” HD TV that’s served me well over the years but I’m having serious problems with some games especially at night time or foggy areas, so I’ve decided to upgrade. I don’t want to go too big so will prob go for a 43” but I haven’t a clue about all the bells and whistles and what to look for when picking one for a PS5. Looking to spend around 350ish. Any help would be great, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Lads could anyone recommend a good telly to pick out? I’m using a big standard 32” HD TV that’s served me well over the years but I’m having serious problems with some games especially at night time or foggy areas, so I’ve decided to upgrade. I don’t want to go too big so will prob go for a 43” but I haven’t a clue about all the bells and whistles and what to look for when picking one for a PS5. Looking to spend around 350ish. Any help would be great, cheers!

At that price range a 43” LG would be a good bet.

• Advertisement

For €350 you'd be better looking at a monitor.

I was looking at Harvey’s there and they’ve 4 TVs for 399 one LG and 2 Samsung ones, would these be any good? The Samsung’s ones seem to be the best from google.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/?subcats=Y&features_hash=V38546.V44517.P139-400-EUR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I was looking at Harvey’s there and they’ve 4 TVs for 399 one LG and 2 Samsung ones, would these be any good? The Samsung’s ones seem to be the best from google.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/?subcats=Y&features_hash=V38546.V44517.P139-400-EUR

No mention of HDR on the LG one so I'd probably leave that one alone

No mention of HDR on the LG one so I'd probably leave that one alone

You're not going to get proper HDR for the OPs budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You're not going to get proper HDR for the OPs budget.

It does technically have it, but yea it's not exactly going to be amazing.

Think I’ll just go with the Samsung one in Harvey’s, seems fairly decent for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Advertisement