Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I loved the original all those years ago but the second was awful. Anyone got any idea of when review embargo's are up for this?

Free for PS5 PS+ member so will be giving it a spin regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved the original all those years ago but the second was awful. Anyone got any idea of when review embargo's are up for this?

Free for PS5 PS+ member so will be giving it a spin regardless.

Blog post, dev said this is the game they wished the 2nd one could have been. Said they had 9 months to these the 2nd and wasn't what they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

100% PS5 noob here.

If I want to say buy FIFA 21 on adverts.ie, an I ok with buying the PS4 version? Or what's the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pretty sure it's a free upgrade from 4 to 5, but only until the release of Fifa 22. They have a dual entitlement offer, and the only way it doesn't work is if you went from physical PS4 copy to digital PS5. So Google is telling me anyway!

But not all games offer this, just FYI. Best to Google the game and "upgrade PS4 to PS5" before purchasing to ensure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Pretty sure it's a free upgrade from 4 to 5, but only until the release of Fifa 22. They have a dual entitlement offer, and the only way it doesn't work is if you went from physical PS4 copy to digital PS5. So Google is telling me anyway!

But not all games offer this, just FYI. Best to Google the game and "upgrade PS4 to PS5" before purchasing to ensure.

Even so. PS4 version without an upgrade is surely fine if there’s a significant price difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wouldn't know, I try not to buy games that charge full price and are littered with MT's. And I've no interest in soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Thanks guys.

I saw it on the PS5 store for €30 so just went with that. I would have imagined it being more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭jj880

My ps5 doesnt dim the screen in game. It dims after 5 minutes when im in the OS but not in game. Is there a setting Im missing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How to get the different endings in Oddworld, releasing tomorrow.

Released at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You're not going to get proper HDR for the OPs budget.

The Samsung works on HDR 10+. It's not Dolby Vision but it's not bottom of the barrel either. Seems pretty decent to me for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

The Samsung works on HDR 10+. It's not Dolby Vision but it's not bottom of the barrel either. Seems pretty decent to me for the price.

HDR10+ is practically a dead format, it has been swallowed by Dolby Vision. Even still you aren't going to get a lot of dynamic range from a TV priced in that bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there much difference between the TU7000 and the TU8000 for the extra €50?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there much difference between the TU7000 and the TU8000 for the extra €50?

It's brighter and has an extra HDMI 2.0 port, that is definitely worth the extra few quid

Markitron wrote: »
    It's brighter and has an extra HDMI 2.0 port, that is definitely worth the extra few quid

I probably wouldn’t even use the extra HDMI port. All I’ll have plugged in will be my PS5.

Has anybody ever bought or used the Philips TVs Harvey’s have? They’ve one for 420 and another for 470 that comes with a ambient light. I can’t find them on rtings though.

edit:typo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I probably wouldn’t even use the extra USB port. All I’ll have plugged in will be my PS5.

Has anybody ever bought or used the Philips TVs Harvey’s have? They’ve one for 420 and another for 470 that comes with a ambient light. I can’t find them on rtings though.

Open a thread on the Richer Sounds forum on here and give them your budget, usage and ask for them to advise what would be best.

They are very good to deal with and will arrange delivery and offers a 6 year warranty.

I probably wouldn’t even use the extra USB port. All I’ll have plugged in will be my PS5.

The HDMI port is handy to have just in case, but the brightness is the real differentiator there

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Open a thread on the Richer Sounds forum on here and give them your budget, usage and ask for them to advise what would be best.

They are very good to deal with and will arrange delivery and offers a 6 year warranty.

Cheers for the shout! Just posted up one there probably better off than wrecking yer heads with all the questions :pac:

Cheers for the shout! Just posted up one there probably better off than wrecking yer heads with all the questions :pac:

I doubt your wrecking anyone's head but when you have them on here there's no point not asking.

I've bought a few bits off them over the last few years and never had an issue. Always had prompt delivery and good communication from RS throughout the process.

I got a 43" Frame TV recently and it's perfect for what I wanted. Looks great mounted on the wall and the One Cable makes it really tidy looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I see avengers on ps now contains the Kate Bishop dlc. Anyone know if you can download the game and play just the dlc? Finished it on xb1 last year so don't fancy starting a new game again on ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I see avengers on ps now contains the Kate Bishop dlc. Anyone know if you can download the game and play just the dlc? Finished it on xb1 last year so don't fancy starting a new game again on ps5

I doubt it. Not until reaching a certain stage in the story at least I'd say. I'm guessing the DLC missions are accessed from the war table so you'd have to unlock not just the war table, but also all locations on the war tables where there are DLC missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wasn't sure what to make of oddworld soulstorm from the trailers as they all had very busy scenes lots of explosions etc but have played about an hour and am thankfully enjoying it as odyssey and exodus were a huge part of my childhood.

The game retails at 50, but free with a ps+ sub I wonder how that works in terms off oddworld studios making money off it, seeing your game you've worked on for 6+ years go essentially free to play on Ps5 must be hard to see?

klose wrote: »
    Wasn't sure what to make of oddworld soulstorm from the trailers as they all had very busy scenes lots of explosions etc but have played about an hour and am thankfully enjoying it as odyssey and exodus were a huge part of my childhood.

The game retails at 50, but free with a ps+ sub I wonder how that works in terms off oddworld studios making money off it, seeing your game you've worked on for 6+ years go essentially free to play on Ps5 must be hard to see?

Sony obviously pay the developer for the downloads. Probably negotiated a discount upfront.

Cotts72 wrote: »

Yea I think you can. It is a separate operation from the campaign on the main screen and is selectable straight away. The power level for all the new story missions is the same as Kate's. I think the first mission is level 1 and the last is level 5. It is the same with Hawkeye AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Still really like the feature where it groups the ps plus games in a group on the dashboard
    Used to use the app to purchase and download them because it took too long doing it via the console

Looking forward to playing the oddworld game when I get a few minutes spare this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Downloaded Marvel's Avengers for the PS5 out of morbid curiosity ( It's on PS Now ). However, when I try and select the first mission of the campaign I get the 'Marvel' logo and then the game crashes. Happens every time.
    Anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Downloaded Marvel's Avengers for the PS5 out of morbid curiosity ( It's on PS Now ). However, when I try and select the first mission of the campaign I get the 'Marvel' logo and then the game crashes. Happens every time.
    Anyone else having this issue?

Apparently the latest game patch released today and has been causing some issues

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

tgdaly wrote: »
    Apparently the latest game patch released today and has been causing some issues
    i deleted it and re-downloaded and seems to be working now, for better or worse :D

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    i deleted it and re-downloaded and seems to be working now, for better or worse :D

It's a shame they didn't add the PS5 version to PS Now. It really is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

DeathLoop delayed til 14th September. Pity as it's one of the games I was most looking forward to in the near future, but hard to be too surprised at any delay this year.

https://twitter.com/deathloop/status/1380160357872861185?s=19[url][/url]

• Advertisement
Advertisement