Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fordwarding service for 65" TV from UK?

• 19-11-2020 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

@Mod I posted a similar thread in the main forum before seeing this sub which is more appropriate for my question, please remove that one.

Parcel Motel normally offer an oversized parcel service, which would accommodate the Hisense 65U8QF I am interested in which is 160cm x 103cm x 18cm and 30KG, but they have suspended it until January.

Laptopsdirect have it but last time I checked they charge approximately €100 for delivery and Richer Sounds (Ireland) is charging a premium for it.

DPD also accept oversized parcels but they will not take a TV.

AddressPal has no option for parcels over 20KG.

Is there some other service that would offer me a virtual address I could use to save on Black Friday with UK retailers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lfc13

@Mod I posted a similar thread in the main forum before seeing this sub which is more appropriate for my question, please remove that one.

Parcel Motel normally offer an oversized parcel service, which would accommodate the Hisense 65U8QF I am interested in which is 160cm x 103cm x 18cm and 30KG, but they have suspended it until January.

Laptopsdirect have it but last time I checked they charge approximately €100 for delivery and Richer Sounds (Ireland) is charging a premium for it.

DPD also accept oversized parcels but they will not take a TV.

AddressPal has no option for parcels over 20KG.

Is there some other service that would offer me a virtual address I could use to save on Black Friday with UK retailers?

I know I'm no help to you but is there any chance when you get the tv that you could reply here to let me know what it's like. I am really interested in it so am curious what it is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Yes of course but you may miss a good deal on Black Friday and I can tell you everywhere I have looked this TV is the best recommended for the money. I put most weight in this post on AV Forums though, you will find the U8Q under LCD section of the high tier:

**New** My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

what price are you getting it for? seems alot of effort i see richer has it for 949 Sterling which seems good value

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes of course but you may miss a good deal on Black Friday and I can tell you everywhere I have looked this TV is the best recommended for the money. I put most weight in this post on AV Forums though, you will find the U8Q under LCD section of the high tier:

**New** My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

Mod - Take it to PM or the AV forum please. More beneficial to more people at the AV form. Thanks

Advertisement