Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forwarding service for 65" TV from UK?

• 19-11-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Parcel Motel normally offer an oversized parcel service, which would accommodate the Hisense 65U8QF I am interested in which is 160cm x 103cm x 18cm and 30KG, but they have suspended it until January.

Laptopsdirect have it but last time I checked they charge approximately €100 for delivery and Richer Sounds (Ireland) is charging a premium for it.

DPD also accept oversized parcels but they will not take a TV.

AddressPal has no option for parcels over 20KG.

Is there some other service that would offer me a virtual address I could use to save on Black Friday with UK retailers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Parcel Motel normally offer an oversized parcel service, which would accommodate the Hisense 65U8QF I am interested in which is 160cm x 103cm x 18cm and 30KG, but they have suspended it until January.

Laptopsdirect have it but last time I checked they charge approximately €100 for delivery and Richer Sounds (Ireland) is charging a premium for it.

DPD also accept oversized parcels but they will not take a TV.

AddressPal has no option for parcels over 20KG.

Is there some other service that would offer me a virtual address I could use to save on Black Friday with UK retailers?

I have used a UK based freight forwarding company to on-ship to me in the past, including a wood burning stove and a dishwasher. You could perhaps try the one I have used in the past, with satisfaction: https://www.transbridgefreight.co.uk/

Advertisement