Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late SHow 20/11/20

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Boeing 737 Max will sort the men from the boys as regards fear of flying :D

Ye sure it will. Be crazy to actually fly on one if you do not have to.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

walshb wrote: »
    Yes. I understand this..

But a lot is still people choosing certain people..

Society can’t fix this. You end up a lot if the time with the victims putting up as many obstacles as the bowsies!

people who grew up with domestic violence are more likely to choose an abusive partner, its a cycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Where's the late news headlines gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ooh, someone didn't like our thread and started a different thread to whinge about us

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058133985

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Skid X wrote: »
    Ooh, someone didn't like our thread and started a different thread to whinge about us

He/they started it in AH. They'll get thrown around like a rag doll :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

BLAND as befcuked

At least Befcuked had a couple of decent tunes like Cest La Vie and Weatherman.

Oh cripes.

Immediately I'm surprised that hasn't happened before. Heh.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the current behaviour of Trump and his backers as regards the election result!

Fair enough. America is fecked either way i think.

Cheap flights going to the Canaries though, AD :pac:

Was genuinely checking flights there for next Oct/Nov this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

We're Irish, we joke about serious topics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I missed the show tonight, what disease(s) was it tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Silly Gilly

Congratulations on mobilising your fellow losers to get my thread closed. I'll leave your incel safe space be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Congratulations on mobilising your fellow losers to get my thread closed. I'll leave your incel safe space be.

Aaaaand FLOUNCE!

I suspect you might be seriously overestimating my mobilising powers but sure no hard feelings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Was genuinely checking flights there for next Oct/Nov this evening.

I don't know which is more optimistic, Donie - actually being able to fly to the Canaries in October 2021, or the 787 Max still flapping it's wings on the other side of a long flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The Xmas song would sound better if all the women performed topless except for moya brennan and the young kid.

Wowzers! I've just realised I have CNN. That's a good thing to not know 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

AMKC wrote: »
    Because it was the beginning of the good times. We had an economy starting to grow we had a soccer team that good play football with the best of them and we had a female President before even America who still have not had one. Yes it was not all perfect. It was not easy for gay or Trans people back then in our little country and it's still not for the latter but it's a lot better now than back then. We have made great progress in the last 30 years. Here is too the next 30.

You must be joking! Ireland has gone about 5 steps backwards for the average person. It's funny how people always use LGBT issues as the yardstick. There's an entire 95% of society outside of this group and for the most part I'd say we have regressed in a major way. Having a female President made it better? How? It didn't at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Woman president 1990, Gay Taoiseach from 2017........ in 2034 what then?

Stuff changes fast. Mad to think but good if good people get the opportunity no matter what.

2044 maybe 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

ligerdub wrote: »
    You must be joking! Ireland has gone about 5 steps backwards for the average person. It's funny how people always use LGBT issues as the yardstick. There's an entire 95% of society outside of this group and for the most part I'd say we have regressed in a major way. Having a female President made it better? How? It didn't at all.

How exactly has it got worse? Talk Covid out of the equation and the country would be booming now as we were before Covid came.
    Yes there is some problems but there is always going to be with humans.
    Yes maybe crime was not as bad back then but there was still bad people out there just less well known and heard about because we had less technolagy and no social media back then.
    Yes our Government is not perfect but then has it ever been?
    Mary Robinson been the President did not make things any worse for anyone but gave hope to lots of people mostly young Women that they could achieve and be whatever they want if they work for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I missed the show tonight, what disease(s) was it tonight?

Liberalism, as always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I remember the day Mary Robinson came to my home town. She was planting a tree. I was there with my friends and as was usual for me eating sweets. Then I choked on one!! Someone did the heimlich on me and I was saved. Funny the things you will never forget.

The Heimlich Remover, as Ray D'Arcy calls it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

After going through the thread I listened to that Christmas song from last night, I'm not exaggerating when I say that it's one of the worst songs I've ever heard. It reminds me of the Simpsons sending our love down the well song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

You ok hun?
    Call me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

For that anti-mask nonsense he was coming with, he deserves it.

Wow ...

wishing death on someone for disputing whether masks work ?
    - for a disease with an IFR of approx 0.2% (flu is 0.1%) ... some studies suggest even lower ...

As for masks ... https://www.thelocal.dk/20201118/danish-study-finds-no-clear-evidence-face-masks-protect-wearer-from-covid-19-infection

Showing your authoritarian thuggish side there ...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Wow ...

wishing death on someone for disputing whether masks work ?
    - for a disease with an IFR of approx 0.2% (flu is 0.1%) ... some studies suggest even lower ...

As for masks ... https://www.thelocal.dk/20201118/danish-study-finds-no-clear-evidence-face-masks-protect-wearer-from-covid-19-infection

Showing your authoritarian thuggish side there ...

No I meant it more as he deserves his song being mangled for coming out with that nonsense, can see how it could be in interpreted that way though, that article finishes with this line so it doesn't completely dispel the concept of mask wearing:

The findings, however, should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control (transmission from an infected person to others) of SARS-CoV-2 infection,” it adds.

Neither did the study examine the effects of face masks in situations in which it is not possible to maintain a social distance, the researchers note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

No I meant it more as he deserves his song being mangled for coming out with that nonsense, can see how it could be in interpreted that way though, that article finishes with this line so it doesn't completely dispel the concept of mask wearing:

The findings, however, should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control (transmission from an infected person to others) of SARS-CoV-2 infection,” it adds.

Neither did the study examine the effects of face masks in situations in which it is not possible to maintain a social distance, the researchers note.

Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Storm 10 wrote: »

But enough about that Storm, when are you going to adjust the thread title?

End this misplaced upper-case madness!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

Tubridy seems to get praises for if..

I find it every bit as painful as his normal shows!!

Oh no, it’s far more painful than that. I’ll be waxing my chest, or something else less painful than watching on Friday.

Advertisement