Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Tenda Mesh gurus here?

• 19-11-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭

I've got Pure Telecom via ftth (God bless the rural rollout). Probably changing to Vodafone soon due to expiry of contract.

I live in a long bungalow with a detached garage. So to avoid black spots I got the Tenda MW6 mesh. I have 4 nodes in place, 3 in the house and 1 in the garage connected to one of the house nodes by cat-5.

My original router (FritzBox) gives me the full 150mb, but the Tenda mesh usually only gives 75mb.

Any suggestions how to resolve? I'm likely switching up to 500mb or 1gb shortly so I want to make sure I'll get the benefit of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a mesh. Its not a miracle worker. Trade convenience for performance.

tenda_nova_capacity.jpg

Wire all your APs and you'll stilll probably max out at 600Mb. 1Gb is silly unless you've a homelab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Thanks. You're right, I don't need the 1gb. But 500mb is cheaper than I'm currently paying for 150mb so I'll probably end up with that.

However that's neither here nor there.

My router gives me 150mb, my mesh used to give me 150mb, now it gives me 75.

So it clearly is capable of providing more, but as of right now it is dropping by half for some reason.

Advertisement