Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM exchange rate

• 19-11-2020 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Since AIB sold off their ATMs, the dollar to euro rate in these ATMs has gone through the roof. To access money from an American account they're charging 44%. Does anyone know of an ATM with the proper exchange rate? Say $18 instead of $44 as a loss. How can I access my money without being robbed? Getting desperate here...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Could you transfer USD to a Revolut account and then within Revolut change it to EUR using their very favourable rates and from there send it to your Irish EUR account (assuming you have one) or withdraw using Revolut card at ATM - they do charge a fee of 2% for withdrawals over €200 per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tirowen

Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that Revolut would only accept an Irish bank account. Was I wrong? Cheers-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,295 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You should be able to select an option on any of those ATMs to reject their conversion offer?

I do. they give me the numbers and I say no. But I have to find a better alternative so I can say yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Tirowen wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that Revolut would only accept an Irish bank account. Was I wrong? Cheers-

When you open a Revolut account, you get a USD, EUR and GBP bank accounts. Transfer your USD savings online to your Revolut USD account and then transfer to EUR inside the Revolut app.

• Advertisement

Wow. Thanks a million. I didn't know this was possible. I'll give it a go!

Advertisement