If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you price beat Laptops Direct Hisense 65U8QFTUK @ €1092?

Options
  • 19-11-2020 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Can you beat this price please?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Runswithascript.

Thanks for the post.

I have checked on their website and do not see the 65U8QFTUK for sale?

I would say they most likely only offer a 1 year guarantee with their set.
    For us to offer a price beat it must be a like for like deal and include a 5 or 6 year guarantee as well and delivery to your home or work address and also be in stock at time of the price beat.

We are currently priced 1129 Euro delivered and including our VIP 6 year guarantee.
    I could offer this at 1089 Euro delivered and still with our 6 year guarantee included without the need to price beat :)

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Hi Runswithascript.

Thanks for the post.

For us to offer a price beat it must be a like for like deal and include a 5 or 6 year guarantee as well and delivery to your home or work address and also be in stock at time of the price beat.

We are currently priced 1129 Euro delivered and including our VIP 6 year guarantee.
    I could offer this at 1089 Euro delivered and still with our 6 year guarantee included without the need to price beat :)

Kenny.
    Here is the link:

https://www.laptopsdirect.ie/hisense-h65u8qftuk-65-65u8qftuk/version.asp

Under EU law irish consumers have 6 years warranty on purchases:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/faq/index_en.htm

https://www.eccireland.ie/ecc-ireland-issues-advisory-on-consumer-warranties-and-statutory-rights/

I assume that applies to you and Laptopsdirect, whether or not they advertise it? :)

Kenny great to hear you can actually make an offer, I had assumed you would not!

If I want to see how much of a discount you can offer me on Black Friday, can you please tell me the quickest way to get an answer? I could post here at 09:00 and/or call if you have an Irish number?

Hi Runswithascript.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Here is the link:

Under EU law irish consumers have 6 years warranty on purchases:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/faq/index_en.htm

https://www.eccireland.ie/ecc-ireland-issues-advisory-on-consumer-warranties-and-statutory-rights/

I assume that applies to you and Laptopsdirect, whether or not they advertise it? :)

Kenny great to hear you can actually make an offer, I had assumed you would not!

If I want to see how much of a discount you can offer me on Black Friday, can you please tell me the quickest way to get an answer? I could post here at 09:00 and/or call if you have an Irish number?
    Hi Runswithascript.

Just to let you know the the link for laptop direct dies not work and direct to a 505 Boards page.

Anyway its not required as I offered a cheaper price than you said they had it at anyway if only by a small amount.

Black Friday is usually madness and Boards does not always get answered straight away unfortunately.
    Your best place to see our deal is our .ie website as they all go live there the evening before the event begins.
    At lot of our deals have already went live.

Our phone number is 0044 333 900 0070 but lines are expected to be crazy.
    You can also email us on Sales@Richersounds.ie and someone will drop you a reply.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

I can see the link no problem here:

they are advertising it at 1092€ with a 2 year warranty and delivery for JANUARY 4th at 80€!! ( just go thru to the checkout)

On the EU guarantee - you will find that our 6 year guarantee give you FAR more rights than the generic EU guarantee - under the EU guarantee it is the consumers onus to prove that any issue is due to manufacturer fault after 6 months .. you can check out the T's and C's on our (free) Superpanel here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

ATVb,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

It can be awkward to get models to display on direct websites for some reason, I had to search by the product code from their UK website to find it as a normal search my model name and manufacturer did not work.

If you guys can still off me the best price on Black Friday I will take it. Do you know when exactly I can check your website to see the price you will be selling this the night before? Is there pre-order?

If your price is higher I will post back here and try calling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Snipped by Mod

It can be awkward to get models to display on direct websites for some reason, I had to search by the product code from their UK website to find it as a normal search my model name and manufacturer did not work.

If you guys can still off me the best price on Black Friday I will take it. Do you know when exactly I can check your website to see the price you will be selling this the night before? Is there pre-order?

Hi Runswithascript.

The prices should be live around 8pm - 9pm on our website the evening before Black Friday and you can purchase via the website using the "Buy It Now" button on the product page.

Give us a shout if the price goes down any further or not on Black Friday :)

Hi Runswithascript.

The prices should be live around 8pm - 9pm on our website the evening before Black Friday and you can purchase via the website using the "Buy It Now" button on the product page.

Give us a shout if the price goes down any further or not on Black Friday :)
    Excellent, thank you both - I hope to buy from you guys! :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Darc19 wrote: »
    Snipped by Mod.
    Darc19,

thanks for the input - I'm sure it was well intentioned but this is a commercial forum and is run slightly differently than a general Boards forum - but please edit your comments - the OP has a genuine enquiry, he does have a point and we would not chat to a Boardie on our forum in this way.

Thanks guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John, can you please give me some kind of indication on whether this is likely to be reduced below what you offered me tomorrow? Perhaps we could arrange a call?

• Advertisement

I have tried calling but your interactive voice response does not seem to have an option that will put me through to someone, the closest seems to be 1 for business hours or 4 'to speak with a colleague' both of which result in the call ending. Are you available by phone only during the store opening hours, so 11am?

I have tried calling but your interactive voice response does not seem to have an option that will put me through to someone, the closest seems to be 1 for business hours or 4 'to speak with a colleague' both of which result in the call ending. Are you available by phone only during the store opening hours, so 11am?
    Hi Runswithascript.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We are extremely busy at this time of year on all fronts so our replies can be a little slower.

We do not get told any further Black Friday reductions until we close this evening unfortunately.
    Pricing goes live on our website between 8-9pm.

I don't think it will go below the current £949 sterling as it was reduced to this as part of our Black Friday deals already.

Stock is now very tight on this TV as it has been selling very well at it's current pricing.

John is our MD and is not based here at the store and is unavailable to take sales calls.
    All sales calls are handled by myself and the guys here at the Belfast store :)

The press 4 to speak to a colleague should put you through to one of my team but there is a very high volume of calls at present.
    I have tried this this morning and it puts me into the queue to speak to someone.

if you want to drop me your contact number in a PM I can get one of the guys to drop you a call back.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.