Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Recommendations, please!

Options
  • 19-11-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Virgin Media Hub 4 for my Gigabit broadband plan, it's the one that looks like the picture below. It doesn't seem to be able to cope with the myriad of different Wifi devices in the house and even over LAN to my gaming PC and my sons Playstation the ping can be erratic and packets are being dropped, often making things unplayable. Just to note I never had this issue with the Virgin Media Hub 3 that was used prior to the "upgrade"!

I have to use the Virgin Hub, that's non negotiable, but I can set it into modem mode and have it pass off all the routing to a seperate router, obv no modem is required in the router. None of our Wifi devices are suffering much and my main aim is to stabilise the LAN connections.

Anyone have some good bang for buck router only recommendations so I can redo my setup and see if it improves things. I'll probably try and find a good deal with Amazon on Black Friday!

Tnx a mil!

virgin_media_hub4_official.jpg

Advertisement