Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish monger Q..

• 19-11-2020 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭

Q for ye..

was at the fish mongers today.. he was washing some prawns as i arrived.. then proceeded to prep my order.. 4 fillets of hake..

I noticed though that he didn't change his gloves between washing the prawns and then prepping my fish..

I was too shy to ask him about it.. so I payed for my fish a headed off.

2 fillets wer cooked and ate tonight - have the other 2 in the freezer..

But I am worried about possible contamination between the prawns and my hake - that he should have changed his gloves between the 2 jobs.. ?

Wondering if the other two will be ok after thawing and cooking..?

What do you think? Am I being over cautious or should I just chuck em?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm sorry sporina, but this falls into the category of food safety and any information given by another poster here could be wrong. The Food Safety Authority might have information about it on their site, and if not you could give them a call.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement