Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to access websites.

Options
  • 20-11-2020 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Woke my pc earlier today from sleep mode (Windows 10), and for some reason I can't access a crap load of my usual sites.

ISP is Virgin.

Tried pinging a few (see pic for details).

Reset my router, plugged it out for over 5 minutes, reinstalled Windows, and I still have the same problem.

533488.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What websites can you access? Have you tried multiple browsers?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

What websites can you access? Have you tried multiple browsers?
    I haven't tried too many, but I can access google search. That said, the websites won't load when I click on the results.

I use Chrome, but I tried IE11 and Edge. Had Tor installed, but that wouldn't start up properly. I don't use a proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What DNS server do you use? Seems strange you can ping the sites mind and not browse them! Maybe change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS) and see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Inquitus wrote: »
    What DNS server do you use? Seems strange you can ping the sites mind and not browse them! Maybe change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS) and see if it helps.

It's working again now. Reset the the router this morning, and that did the job (pc was on all night). Completely forgot about Google's DNS, but I'll try that if it happens again. Thanks.

Advertisement