Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from politics

Options
  • 20-11-2020 9:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I'm actually quite furious with what seems to be an effort to just get rid of me off the Site because my face (opinions) don't fit. Its disgusting what these people are contriving to do here. The moderators of politics are making a mockery of this Site.

Someone posted that "African-Americans, Latinos and Asian-Americans" are 6-8 times more likely to be thrown off Georgia's electoral register.

I replied "Why are these folks so much less likely to have their applications in order?" To my puzzlement two posters took issue with the term "these folks".

I asked them to explain but they didn't instead one saying "You knew exactly what you meant by that term".

Knowing full well the way the Mods have picked on me in the past and seeing that that last post had gotten a "like" I immediately made a post to that effect so the Moderators couldn't bully me once again over literally nothing. Yet they've done just that.

Now, if you didn't believe me before that they have it in for me you surely will now. Please Sir/Mam, can you or anybody else explain to me what on earth is wrong with the word "folks"?

This is outrageous and amounts to little more than ganging up and bullying somebody, even if it is only on an online message board. I don't care if you kick me off the entire Site but if you want to keep the integrity of this place intact those people need to be taken down a peg or two.

I was told my posting style needed to change for politics, no more one sentence posts or smileys. I've duly amended both of those. Why don't they just come out and say we don't like anything against the consensus here, its not a discussion Forum its an echo chamber and at least be honest.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Admin: DRP is not a forum for polemicising moderators or theorising about some conspiracy to remove you from the site. If we wanted you gone you'd already be gone.

If you have a legitimate dispute to raise in relation to a card or ban, start a new thread without the affront.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement