Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE - head to correct thread if you want to discuss masks again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ZX7R wrote: »
    We don't know if rte breached any rules or not.
    There is a garda investigation into the matter
    what law do you suggest they broke?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

what does pp & c stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

They never broke any "laws", but these people were the suppose to be the moral compass for the country
    Everyday pontificating about what we should be doing meanwhile it seems it doesnt apply to them

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They never broke any "laws", but these people were the suppose to be the moral compass for the country
    Everyday pontificating about what we should be doing meanwhile it seems it doesnt apply to them

If fúcking Dobbo is your moral compass, I'd suggest a satnav.

• Advertisement

Im thinking expectationlost and Boggles are RTE trolls

the person responsible for this is whoever is responsible for health and safety in RTE.
    https://twitter.com/lostexpectation/status/1330275292628312065

Impromptu party my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 33,532 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Paul Cunningham must have had a growth spurt.

What law did the young people drinking break??. Youd have to prove they bought drink within 100mtrs from the spot its being consumed..hard to do in the city centre where pubs are every 20 yards at least.. however it did not stop maid miriam and "i'm fulla" mccullagh from running it so hard on prime time as to "prime" stephen donnelly to the point of charging them for war crimes of public frivolity...Rte can fook right off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

No body here posting on this forum was there at the function in rte. It looks as if there was some level of social distancing going on there which is evi3by the screenshot I got from the video that was on the independent website on this article.

It looks to be as if there was a professional photographer there to take professional pictures. Also looks to me as of they let their guard down when it came to taking pictures. It was probably habit or human nature of getting together for a picture and forgot to form the metres apart for the photographs. That's what it looks like to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

rusty cole wrote: »
    What law did the young people drinking break??. Youd have to prove they bought drink within 100mtrs from the spot its being consumed..hard to do in the city centre where pubs are every 20 yards at least.. however it did not stop maid miriam and "i'm fulla" mccullagh from running it so hard on prime time as to "prime" stephen donnelly to the point of charging them for war crimes of public frivolity...Rte can fook right off.

David McCullagh is no longer on Primetime as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If it was right that heads rolled after golfgate, i fail to see why this is different

Because one involved government and lawmakers... These people are in the telly and radio.... You don't see them having different responsibility and accountability?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

When did they become that and who else on the telly is your most compass? Panty Bliss or maybe Twink?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,984 ✭✭✭dodzy

Some people here are really losing the run of themselves and need to detach from social media fro a few months. “Moral compass” my hole. The sh1te talk is getting ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

GreeBo wrote: »
    When did they become that and who else on the telly is your most compass? Panty Bliss or maybe Twink?

If it was a cage fight I'd put my money on Twink, no low she wouldn't stoop to, a biter I'd say, completely ruthless, she'd go straight for the cahones . We'd be pulling what's left of a demolished Panty out by the ankles after a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

GreeBo wrote: »
    Because one involved government and lawmakers... These people are in the telly and radio.... You don't see them having different responsibility and accountability?

I'd say people on radio and telly who are in people's homes every day and night and who's salaries are paid for what is essentially tax are need to be just as careful as politicians.

Miriam is on €299,000 per year and if i dont pay my contribution to her salary (tv license) i can be potentially imprisoned.

To clarify - i dont want anyone sacked, i think all the hysteria around all of these "lapses in judgement" has been an embarrassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Some lecturers being handled out on rte radio now to the stupid public to behave and the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Pressure must be on Jon Williams, the head of news, to stand down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Pressure must be on Jon Williams, the head of news, to stand down.

I think the fantastic job RTE News did informing and explaining things to the bewildered and child minded public since the start of the new normal far outweighs a minor error of judgement. Joe Duffy has developed a form of tourettes from trying to raise hand hygiene awareness. Gone are the days when we only washed our hands after going for a dump.

Badum tssshhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

dodzy wrote: »
    Some people here are really losing the run of themselves and need to detach from social media fro a few months. “Moral compass” my hole. The sh1te talk is getting ridiculous at this stage.

You are right and wrong. These same people have been organising witch hunts for months. About time they got some of their own medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Paddygreen wrote: »
    I think the fantastic job RTE News did informing and explaining things to the bewildered and child minded public since the start of the new normal far outweighs a minor error of judgement. Joe Duffy has developed a form of tourettes from trying to raise hand hygiene awareness. Gone are the days when we only washed our hands after going for a dump.

Good afternoon to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

This thread is less about the party and the breach of the guidelines but about those that hate RTE and have an axe to grind sticking the boot in.

It hasn't gone unnoticed that a number of posters here whose posting history would put them on the anti-restriction populist right are the ones that seem to be most upset. Very odd since they themselves would appear to be not adhering to them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This thread is less about the party and the breach of the guidelines but about those that hate RTE and have an axe to grind sticking the boot in.

It hasn't gone unnoticed that a number of posters here whose posting history would put them on the anti-restriction populist right are the ones that seem to be most upset. Very odd since they themselves would appear to be not adhering to them either.

I dont have a big problem with RTE or indeed with the sinners . But I do have a problem with people who don’t practice what they preach . They preach nightly about numbers going up and how we should be careful etc etc etc . Yet they do the very thing they know they should not be doing . That is what bothers me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Sympathetic article from Image magazine:

'Maybe if we understood what's driving these "lapses in judgment" we wouldn't be so irate'
    "And in that landscape, one major problem is blame and how we are turning on each other. It means accountability is moving away from those who are more responsible towards those with the least influence, away from the collective to the individual.

We took the bitter pill already. We sat, shell-shocked at home from March until August mentally drawing rainbows about how we were all 'in this together'. We sacrificed so much...and yet, here we are again discussing ICU capacity limitations because our leaders dropped the ball back when our collective efforts had brought the virus under control.

And that's why there are some of us who have shifted our attention instead towards prioritizing the other tsunami of sadness that is coming our way - the jobless, the abused, the alcoholics born today."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I dont have a big problem with RTE or indeed with the sinners . But I do have a problem with people who don’t practice what they preach . They preach nightly about numbers going up and how we should be careful etc etc etc . Yet they do the very thing they know they should not be doing . That is what bothers me

While that may not be the case for yourself im calling bull**** on that for the majority of anti-RTE posters on this thread.

While I myself am no fan of the way RTE editorialises the news, I can recognise this thread for what it is. It's an attempt to use this lapse to promote an anti-RTE agenda, not on public health concerns but because they do not like RTEs editorial stance generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

While that may not be the case for yourself im calling bull**** on that for the majority of anti-RTE posters on this thread.

While I myself am no fan of the way RTE editorialises the news, I can recognise this thread for what it is. It's an attempt to use this lapse to promote an anti-RTE agenda, not on public health concerns but because they do not like RTEs editorial stance generally.

I don’t speak for anyone else on thread so if you want to call bull then address those posters .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Playing the musician there and not the instrument, me thinks! ;-)

Am I one of these anti RTE posters? Or can you rule me out also, thanks....

Advertisement