Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax back on ACV PRSA Pension

• 20-11-2020 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭

I have an occupational pension scheme though my employer.
    My employer matches my contributions up to 7% with anything above that considered AVC.
    Returns on the AVC contributions are mediocre to say the least, around 1% over the last 15 years total...

So i've set up a PRSA AVC pension with Davy and have reduced my work AVC to 0% and funding the Davy PRSA with my slightly increased after tax income (net of tax).
    My employer will not, not deduct tax at source on this so I will need to claim back online. Davy does provide a certificate of funding after every monthly contribution for this purpose but I'm not sure how to file it on the "myaccount" section of the ros.ie website.
    Looking at that website it would appear if i was a non PAYE worker it would be a straightforward matter of filling in a form online but for a PAYE worker that option isn't there.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do so? I've asked this on myEnquiries but am waiting along time for a response so hoping someone here may already be doing this and be able to advise?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

In my account on revenue.ie, see if you can update your tax credits.

There should be an option there for prsa.

Should be available to you as paye.

If it's there just fill in the details and you are good to go, attach the cert from revenue.

If not there, open a ticket/ query with revenue.

You get half as a tax credit other half increases your 20% band.

Advertisement