If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung QE55 Query

Options
  • 20-11-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads.
    I'm looking to upgrade from a 40" Plasma (Lidl / Targa that served me well for 10+ years).
    I was looking at the Samsung QLED 55" but not sure what the differences are between the 60T, 70T, 75T, etc. (other than the price!).
    I generally use the TV for Sky, Netflix and Prime and plan to wall-mount.
    Can I get your thoughts on this? And for my profile would be just as well off with a good LED or NanoLED?
    Thanks Dave

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

thegills wrote: »
    Hi Lads.
    I'm looking to upgrade from a 40" Plasma (Lidl / Targ a that served me well for 10+ years).
    I was looking at the Samsung QLED 55" but not sure what the differences are between the 60T, 70T, 75T, etc. (other than the price!).
    Can I get your thoughts on this? And for my profile would be just as well off with a good LED or NanoLED?
    Thanks Dave
    Hi TheGills.

Thanks for the post.

The difference between the QLED would be the HDR. As you go up in the range it get higher.
    When you hit the Q80T you move from Edge lit to Full Array back lighting.
    The 60T is only a 50Hz panel the 80 and 70T are 100Hz.
    The 80T is also full 10 Bit.
    Both the 80T and 70T have the higher motion processing.

While the NANO Cell LG are really good they just don't have the same picture quality as the QLED.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Hi Lads.
    I'm looking to upgrade from a 40" Plasma (Lidl / Targ a that served me well for 10+ years).
    Thanks Dave
    Hi TheGills.

Thanks for the post.

The difference between the QLED would be the HDR. As you go up in the range it get higher.

While the NANO Cell LG are really good they just don't have the same picture quality as the QLED.

Thanks Kenny. Lots of good feedback there but for a non-techie what are the advantages of Edge Lit vs Full Array, 100Hz vs 50Hz, full 10 BIT and higher motion processing compared to the price differential? 

Hi Lads.
    Thanks Dave
    Hi TheGills.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks Kenny. Lots of good feedback there but for a non-techie what are the advantages of Edge Lit vs Full Array, 100Hz vs 50Hz, full 10 BIT and higher motion processing compared to the price differential? 
    Hi TheGills.

A Full Array panel will light up more of the screen evenly as the bulbs are placed at the back of the TV.
    With Edge lit they are place around the edges.

Due to this the full array will have a more vibrant image.

A 50Hz TV will refresh 50 times pre second and 100Hz will then refresh 100 times pre second and therefor giving a more smoother image.

10 Bit is to do with the colour. It offers 1024 shades of colour per channel (Red, Green, Blue).
    With 80 bit you get 256 actual shades.

I hope this is of help.

Thanks Kenny. Can I get a quote for the different Samsung QLED's @ 50" and 55"

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny. Thanks for the quotes. The price jump from 80T to 90T / 95T is very high. What do you get extra for that and is it worth the price jump?

Hi Kenny. Thanks for the quotes. The price jump from 80T to 90T / 95T is very high. What do you get extra for that and is it worth the price jump?
    Hi TheGills.

When you go to the 95T you get the one connect box with the TV.
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]One Near-Invisible Cable + One Connect Box + No Gap Wall-Mount*[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Effortlessly mount your QLED TV flush against the wall using the No Gap Wall Mount.* With just the One Near-Invisible Cable connected, there's no longer a mess of wires to hide and you are free to place your TV anywhere you want. By connecting all your multimedia devices into the One Connect Box, you can hide them away in a cupboard – leaving you with only the beautiful picture to enjoy.[/font]

The 95T also has the fast processing at MR240 to the MR120 of the 90T.

Any questions let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.