Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card replacement

Options
  • 20-11-2020 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My debit card expired in October. I never received a replacement and didn't realise the card is expired until an online payment bounced back. I promptly got in touch with support as it was the first week of November already. They explained the card got stuck in the system for some reason and were going to send a replacement. Nothing showed up within 5-7 business days indicated, so I was in touch again and a replacement was supposedly being sent. Nothing yet, I've got another day to wait, so hopefully next week.
    The lack of debit card is messing seriously with my (online) shopping for Christmas. I've had to transfer money to my secondary account with another bank several times, missed promotions while waiting, etc. It's mighty inconvenient in addition to being nearly 4 times more expensive for me with the new fee structure from November.
    Consequently, I'm exploring the options to switch my account to a different bank. What supports do you offer for moving direct debits and recurring payments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We’re very sorry to hear about this. 

We’d advise checking to ensure that your address is up to date on your account. You can check this by viewing your statements. 

If you log on to www.365Online.com and select the options ‘Statements’ > ‘Statements and Documents’ and there you can check the address on your most recent statement. 

You can also certainly contact our customer service desk directly by selecting the options ‘Service Desk’ > ‘Ask a Question’ and one of my colleagues would be able to confirm the address on your account and also check on your card for you. 

Generally the bank that you are switching your account to would look after switching all direct debits/ recurring payments to your new account. 

I hope that this information helps. If there is anything else we can do to help please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement