Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Store lambs - dosing regime

• 20-11-2020 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Beginner with sheep here, bought store ewe lambs around the middle of October that had been dosed in the week or so previous. I presume they would need dosing again and was thinking maybe early December. Have a good bit of grass so did not intend bringing them to the factory till march or april. My question is what do I dose them for and with what. Also if I decided to keep a few to sell as hoggets for breeding (or indeed breed myself) would they need different dose, or extra vacinnations. Sorry for all the questions but as I said a newbie with woollies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

k mac wrote: »
    Beginner with sheep here, bought store ewe lambs around the middle of October that had been dosed in the week or so previous. I presume they would need dosing again and was thinking maybe early December. Have a good bit of grass so did not intend bringing them to the factory till march or april. My question is what do I dose them for and with what. Also if I decided to keep a few to sell as hoggets for breeding (or indeed breed myself) would they need different dose, or extra vacinnations. Sorry for all the questions but as I said a newbie with woollies.

Faecel egg counts, guessing otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

k mac wrote: »

We did a FEC for a neighbour yesterday that were dosed maybe eight weeks and there was feck all, if the sheep are in good health they are at an age where they are developing a resistance to worms, so worms don't go up as quick. We never dose anything over a year old here.
    They should have their two vaccinations of heptavac P by now and going forward if you were breeding them yourself you might consider Enzovax and Toxovax against abortion, but that's time enough a month or two before mating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Lambs i bought from Kenmare have gotten 2 doses for fluke , one when they came and another 10-12 weeks later , they will get a thrid in mid january

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Lambs i bought from Kenmare have gotten 2 doses for fluke , one when they came and another 10-12 weeks later , they will get a thrid in mid january

You dosed for fluke when they landed in August Dickie?
    What did you use?

That’s not something I do, but maybe I should as you can’t argue with the thrive you got on some of your lambs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Dickie10

flukiver , it will kill mature and immature but not early immature, so need to dose again 8-9 weeks later to kill the immature fluke they have in them from kerry. Yeah the lambs i get from Beara penninsula , kenmare mountains and that area would have heavy fluke infestations, there on mountain and bog and heather from may to late july/august

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭kk.man

Fasinex I bought this year.

Advertisement