Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat pause/rewind live TV

• 20-11-2020 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

This may be a stupid question but I am close to pulling the trigger on a refurbed Humax 1100s. Will it be a straight forward case of plugging out my sky+HD box and plugging in the Humax?

As in, will it scan automatically for the channels, and will the pause/rewind functions work automatically or is there any work that has to be done to set it up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No, it's a straight swap out.

Once you run the setup, most tend to use a UK or NI postcode, then it'll find all the stations and be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

NIMAN wrote: »
    No, it's a straight swap out.

Once you run the setup, most tend to use a UK or NI postcode, then it'll find all the stations and be good to go.

Would something like a parcel motel post code work or does it need to be from an actual address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

The post code just tells it the general area so you get the correct TV regions. E.G. many use Buckingham Palace to set it for London. Use any Belfast code if you prefer UTV

The post code just tells it the general area so you get the correct TV regions. E.G. many use Buckingham Palace to set it for London. Use any Belfast code if you prefer UTV

Ah thats perfect, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭navannoel

Got one last year off Humax store, no longer have any in stock. Looking for one for my Dad, do you have a link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭decor58

Would something like a parcel motel post code work or does it need to be from an actual address?

I use the Albert Hall, SW72AP, nó bother.

navannoel wrote: »
    Got one last year off Humax store, no longer have any in stock. Looking for one for my Dad, do you have a link.

I ordered a refurbished 1tb one on ebay. Prices seem better there than amazon. I dont think you can get them new anymore

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

decor58 wrote: »
    I use the Albert Hall, SW72AP, nó bother.

For NI you can use BT1 1AA

And you can use the 1AA bit for any region so you just need the first part of the postcode when changing regions.

Others here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2056938139
    Booms wrote: »
    I found this list from:
    http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/topic/88678-itvhd-in-scotland-and-ireland/

very useful:

Anglia NR1 3JG
    Border CA1 3NT
    Central B1 2JT
    Channel JE1 3ZD
    Granada M60 9EA
    HTV Wales CF5 6XJ
    London WC1X 8XZ
    Meridian ME14 5NZ
    HTV West BS4 3HG
    Westcountry PL7 5BQ
    Tyne Tees NE11 9SZ

It didn't include STV or UTV. See below:

STV (Central) G51 1PQ
    STV (North) AB10 7FN
    UTV BT1A 1AA (thanks, Sam Russel from earlier post)

Advertisement