Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contact civil eng. re upcoming FTTH works? Vodafone deleted my a/c details!

• 20-11-2020 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭

I signed up for Vodafone's FTTH broadband in September, their installer said the duct is blocked so I have to wait maybe a couple of months for the civil engineers to dig up the pavement to find the blockage.

Vodafone sent a text saying that the works would be done on 18th Nov.

The 18th came and went no works done.

In Sept I had been in contact with Vodafone's customer support and they took the account details and responded to my query.
    Today I contacted them again and they now say that that account has no valid details and there is no account for my address. I can no longer log into the account on Vodafone's website that I set up in September.

The problem then is that I do not know what the status of the works to unblock the duct is. I don't know if it has been cancelled or postponed or when it will happen if it has been postponed.

If I can't find out through Vodafone then is there any way I can contact the civil engineers myself to find out if there is an order for works at my property?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SIRO or OpenEir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Mossy

Must be OpenEir because OpenEir is available at this address, and SIRO is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Mossy

Given that it's OpenEir, should I contact them OpenEir directly? What department?

Is that even the right question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Officially OpenEir arent meant to talk to you, you engage with your ISP and your ISP engages with them. If VF closed the order then that may have cancelled any works related to that order as unrequired. Hard to know.

Try contacting OE, then when they tell you to go away order with another ISP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭whizbang

Vodafone appears to have deleted my account recently too.

Was logging in ocassionally for years just checking, Have a line issue, and tried to login but no joy.
    Website has a new face too.

I was able to sign up again, they had my wife's phone number stored somehow.
    Need account number, which isnt your customer number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement