Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia

Options
  • 20-11-2020 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey I am thinking of making a move to Australia with a 15year old daughter. I don’t fancy moving to a big city with a teen as I would be afraid they would meet trouble. Where would be a sensible area to go to? Has anyone moved with a teen before and any advice please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Daisy1709 wrote: »
    Hey I am thinking of making a move to Australia with a 15year old daughter. I don’t fancy moving to a big city with a teen as I would be afraid they would meet trouble. Where would be a sensible area to go to? Has anyone moved with a teen before and any advice please.

There's a living abroad forum on here that might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Daisy1709

Caranica wrote: »
    There's a living abroad forum on here that might be able to help.

Thanks so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Daisy1709 wrote: »

Why are you moving?
    IF you are moving because the teen is finding trouble in Ireland, they will find the same problem in Australia. See Des Bishop, parents moved home from the States to Ireland because of his drinking. My wifes nephew has an unhealthy interest in pharmaceuticals & herbs and they moved from Dublin suburbs to the countryside. This did not solve the aforementioned problem as like minded people attract like minded people.

Trouble and danger is on every street at every turn in every strand of society. All you can do is educated your child to identify danger and stay clear of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

OP has started a new thread in the living abroad forum so thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement