Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

We've just over 1 million vaccinated with the flu vaccine so far this year with loads of doses set to expire soon.
    I really think it's going to be a massive struggle to hit 3 million.

I have full faith that they'll shift the goal posts again if we do get close to 3 million vaccinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    I have full faith that they'll shift the goal posts again if we do get close to 3 million vaccinated.

They've the flu season 2 tucked away somewhere ready to unleash, when it comes back were going to be a lot more susceptible to it i'd bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Apologies, stupid post, gonna leave this thread alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Virus cases SURGE as the nation should now begin to panic about the out of control situation that is now developing. We must return to Level 5 immediately and shut down the country.

All travel must be banned and the 2km limit needs to make a return. This is not a drill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Apologies, stupid post, gonna leave this thread alone.

Think it’s best you do, don’t you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

RobitTV wrote: »
    Virus cases SURGE as the nation should now begin to panic about the out of control situation that is now developing. We must return to Level 5 immediately and shut down the country.

All travel must be banned and the 2km limit needs to make a return. This is not a drill.

Surely it's way too soon for the extra movement to cause any surge in cases? Or is old Tony moving the goalposts again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

It might not be a drill but it’s 100% ****ing bollocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

tenor.gif?itemid=15531760

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Saw a small anti-restrictions protest going on by the GPO today. Fellas holding signs saying vaccines will kill you. It wasn't a good look for the cause at all. Most people were smirking and laughing at them and taking photos. Few guys approached people standing at the LUAS platform canvassing them, asking them if they'd time for a chat and trying to act charming, most people didn't have much time for it and avoided them like they were beggars. Was pretty embarassed for them, and for everyone present. Definitely did more harm than good if awareness was what they were trying to achieve or convince those on the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

wakka12 wrote: »
    Saw a small anti-restrictions protest going on by the GPO today. Fellas holding signs saying vaccines will kill you. It wasn't a good look for the cause at all. Most people were smirking and laughing at them and taking photos. Few guys approached people standing at the LUAS platform canvassing them, asking them if they'd time for a chat and trying to act charming, most people didn't have much time for it and avoided them like they were beggars. Was pretty embarassed for them, and for everyone present. Definitely did more harm than good if awareness was what they were trying to achieve or convince those on the fence.

That's the Gemma/Dee Wall crowd.
    Even the Irish Freedom Party (Irish UKIP) and the Irish national Party (Nazi Party) don't want to be associated with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Surely it's way too soon for the extra movement to cause any surge in cases? Or is old Tony moving the goalposts again?

What’s happened now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Or on people not showing up for tests. Happily going to work or wherever and happily spreading. I think at this stage everyone should know how to avoid covid infections, even without being told by authorities. But because that's not the case, there comes restrictions.

Wow.

"Happily spreading". What sort of mental gymnastics are necessary to convince oneself of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,444 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are the healthcare workers willing to take this vaccine I wonder?

They are very reluctant to take the flu vaccine

Can they be forced to take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

One would hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

For influenza etc they can opt out if they have had previous adverse reactions or are allergic to some parts or are non responders or medical reasons the form and information are on the Hse website somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i have seen that the IRFU think they will have crowds in stadiums for 2021 six nations games?! sounds bizarre to me, thats only 8 weeks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Morning chaps
    After plagiarising this from another thread

https://www.echolive.ie/corklives/John-Dolan-Keeping-pubs-shut-smacks-of-a-victory-for-snobbery-over-common-sense-48367939-f439-48dc-adfb-882d8ff07792-ds?fbclid=IwAR24aCyKEjVkgfSslHYFf1OE5s3g4bMeF0pkG5kmRwszALCw6LgbKoSmPD8

What interesting is the following extract
    “ During the week, it was even speculated by a Government insider that pubs will remain closed until October, when a vaccine finally begins to produce the herd effect necessary to negate Covid.”

By October many will have ceased trading

Tony will have his wish it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭manniot2

Holy Christ, next October? Ffs surely not. Every other country will be fully open by summer, the bloody olympics are going ahead, Tony can try keep us closed, but it won’t happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

What type of person goes to the gym and eats out in restaurants? Politicians, the middle class, urban dwellers?

That lad has his finger on the pulse all right.

manniot2 wrote: »
    Holy Christ, next October? Ffs surely not. Every other country will be fully open by summer, the bloody olympics are going ahead, Tony can try keep us closed, but it won’t happen.

People are just getting on with it. I'd say Tony Holohan will be on his own at that stage (with the exception of George Lee and Ryan Tubridy maybe).
    There is a huge change in people's attitude now. Even hardened family members who loved the first lockdown have started appearing throughout this one.

I don't listen to News at all anymore, I turn off Prime Time, Claire Byrne Show, Late Late Show and as soon as any expert comes on (Luke O Neill, Sam McC, Staines, Henry )I put on Jazz from Spotify. I feel far more normal without the propaganda from our media. And that is what it has become. We could not even celebrate the great news of a vaccine without dire warnings from Tony Holohan and George Lee. Every other country celebrated and was in the planning stage of rolling it out. Not Ireland. The vaccine here is only "part" of our strategy??

It this wasn't called Covid, it this was just a flu we wouldn't hear a word about it. Covid is killing less than the flu, most people are not sick with it, thousands of others have no symptoms. We hear of "new cases" every day, so what?? Most of those "new cases" are probably at home on the sofa watching the Netflix..................the only thing keeping this going is the media and NPHET briefings.

Michel Barnier had Covid, so did Prince Charles, Boris Johnston, Donald Trump, Tom Cruise, Lee Mack, Placido Domingo (79), Prince Albert, Kenny Daglish...............most considerably older than 60....ALL recovered.

Most people are no longer afraid of Covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Considering the amount of outbreaks in care homes and hospitals I think the blame lies more with the HSE and authorities rather than households and businesses.

Staff are bringing it in to work, so a student nurse goes to a house party with friends on a Saturday night & has to go to work the following week after getting the virus.

How the hell, can you blame the HSE for that?

I don't listen to News at all anymore....Covid is killing less than the flu

That's wonderful news, I can't wait to tell everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

risteard7 wrote: »
    Staff are bringing it in to work, so a student nurse goes to a house party with friends on a Saturday night & has to go to work the following week after getting the virus.

How the hell, can you blame the HSE for that?

So instead you blame the nurses using a scenario you have just created in your head?

People are just getting on with it. I'd say Tony Holohan will be on his own at that stage (with the exception of George Lee and Ryan Tubridy maybe).
    There is a huge change in people's attitude now. Even hardened family members who loved the first lockdown have started appearing throughout this one.

I don't listen to News at all anymore, I turn off Prime Time, Claire Byrne Show, Late Late Show and as soon as any expert comes on (Luke O Neill, Sam McC, Staines, Henry )I put on Jazz from Spotify. I feel far more normal without the propaganda from our media. And that is what it has become. We could not even celebrate the great news of a vaccine without dire warnings from Tony Holohan and George Lee. Every other country celebrated and was in the planning stage of rolling it out. Not Ireland. The vaccine here is only "part" of our strategy??

It this wasn't called Covid, it this was just a flu we wouldn't hear a word about it. Covid is killing less than the flu, most people are not sick with it, thousands of others have no symptoms. We hear of "new cases" every day, so what?? Most of those "new cases" are probably at home on the sofa watching the Netflix..................the only thing keeping this going is the media and NPHET briefings.

Michel Barnier had Covid, so did Prince Charles, Boris Johnston, Donald Trump, Tom Cruise, Lee Mack, Placido Domingo (79), Prince Albert, Kenny Daglish...............most considerably older than 60....ALL recovered.

Most people are no longer afraid of Covid.

I had in in late March - unpleasant but I have had flu before and the flu was worse tbh.

Boggles wrote: »
    That's wonderful news, I can't wait to tell everyone.

Everyone with a brain knows, you’re grand.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Everyone with a brain knows, you’re grand.

Like I said wonderful news.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Well based on it seems every single person I know was out last night, so nice high cases again before the year is out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Tork

antodeco wrote: »
    Well based on it seems every single person I know was out last night, so nice high cases again before the year is out!

Isn't it "lovely to see people out and about enjoying life"?

That's the way it's supposed to go, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Yes. I have more or less have done the same and life for me feels way more normal now. Also i have stopped reading the main thread where all the arrogant condescending pro lockdowners hang out who lack any sort of empathy that are just fixated and obsessed with the virus who constantly finger wag and berate anyone who craves their normality back.

Also thankfully due to my work i can get around so the 5km rule and county restrictions don’t apply to me so for most part life for me is normal. The only thing i miss is travelling to visit family but i’m confident the vaccine will help me to do that again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I had in in late March - unpleasant but I have had flu before and the flu was worse tbh.

The main problem with Covid is that it’s more highly contagious compared to the flu.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement