Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The main problem with Covid is that it’s more highly contagious compared to the flu.

Absolutely- I didn’t leave the house for the period I was ill and two weeks after, just once for the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Based on the hangover i have now, i think they should close the restaurants and pubs again quick

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

antodeco wrote: »
    Well based on it seems every single person I know was out last night, so nice high cases again before the year is out!

Except you, and me. I was in on the sofa watching a compilation of the Death numbers that I recorded while everyone else was out catching Covid19. There will be no party when the JCBs are filling the pits with corpses.

Based on the hangover i have now, i think they should close the restaurants and pubs again quick

Me yesterday! Fry, footy and a few evening cans and you’ll be grand soldier!!!

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Except you, and me. I was in on the sofa watching a compilation of the Death numbers that I recorded while everyone else was out catching Covid19. There will be no party when the JCBs are filling the pits with corpses.

Turn off the box set of Chernobyl and go to bed dude k ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

antodeco wrote: »
    Well based on it seems every single person I know was out last night, so nice high cases again before the year is out!

Just goes to show how “scared” they actually are of your “high cases”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Tork

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Just goes to show how “scared” they actually are of your “high cases”

I'd be more scared for the non essential businesses who will be forced to close their doors again in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Morning chaps
    After plagiarising this from another thread

https://www.echolive.ie/corklives/John-Dolan-Keeping-pubs-shut-smacks-of-a-victory-for-snobbery-over-common-sense-48367939-f439-48dc-adfb-882d8ff07792-ds?fbclid=IwAR24aCyKEjVkgfSslHYFf1OE5s3g4bMeF0pkG5kmRwszALCw6LgbKoSmPD8

What interesting is the following extract
    “ During the week, it was even speculated by a Government insider that pubs will remain closed until October, when a vaccine finally begins to produce the herd effect necessary to negate Covid.”

By October many will have ceased trading

Tony will have his wish it seems

So, you're speculating about speculation?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I went out for a meal in a pub last night. It was great to see such a mix of people young and old out enjoying themselves in a safe, calm, relaxed atmosphere. Also, it's great to see the pub operating and all the staff working there again, delighted to be back to normal. No doubt it was a successful, profitable evening given the fantastic support from the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Turn off the box set of Chernobyl and go to bed dude k ??

I remember my first lockdown like it was yesterday. I sellotaped myself into my bedroom for a week or so back in 1986. Spent what cash I had at the time on six rolls of sellotape, two sliced pans, several bags of taytos and a pound of butter...the radioactive death cloud wasn’t going to get me. I would have gone long haul if my mother didn’t stop making me cups of tea and threaten to call the priest. Probably didn’t help that I was playing Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax on a loop in there for the duration of the lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

How come there are still so many Garda checkpoints around? I get the need for them at county lines, but for instance in Dublin, there are so many, that are a good distance from county borders...

Swords: R132 at the GAA club, checkpoint there daily now..
    Swords Road (under M50 bridge), there now
    Oscar Traynor road, it's there quite often....

Why are there still so many checkpoints (well) within Dublin? Is it just to show their presence? to keep up the fight against Covid? to intimidate??

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Tork wrote: »
    I'd be more scared for the non essential businesses who will be forced to close their doors again in January

Exactly this! High cases means everywhere closes again. All the shops etc I've been in, have been operating very well. Proper social distancing, limited numbers etc. It's those businesses a I feel sorry.

Open pubs because there's people out of jobs they say. Open the pubs and far more people will be out of jobs.

But hey, it doesn't matter because we're all defying Tony and isn't it great to see people out and about enjoying life. Lovely to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

speckle wrote: »
    For influenza etc they can opt out if they have had previous adverse reactions or are allergic to some parts or are non responders or medical reasons the form and information are on the Hse website somewhere.

That’s nonsense. There is zero obligation to take the flu jab within the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

The Govt has locked us in for Jan no matter what we do. When the govt and media let us know its happening no matter what you can't be surprised when people start tuning them out and start enjoying themselves anyway.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    The Govt has locked us in for Jan no matter what we do. When the govt and media let us know its happening no matter what you can't be surprised when people start tuning them out and start enjoying themselves anyway.

The danger is, the higher the numbers, the longer level 5 will last. The longer level 5 lasts, the bigger the threat to all these businesses who are forced to close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Penfailed wrote: »
    So, you're speculating about speculation?

It’s likely been leaked by Tony.

Weatherspoons here come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

The danger is, the higher the numbers, the longer level 5 will last. The longer level 5 lasts, the bigger the threat to all these businesses who are forced to close.

The numbers and mis-management isn't in the wider community or among many of these businesses. It's within our hospital's, care homes and nursing homes. This persisted through Level 5.
    Back in March, and now again - the HSE have failed to get their house in order and failed to protect those most vulnerable to Covid. NPHET's and the HSE's mantra seems to be - low 'community transmission' prevents issues in these settings. So every time they fail to control outbreaks, this is the wider public's fault and not theirs. It's utter madness. I know many nurses and others working in these settings, they're not getting tested. No regular testing system in place at all - this is where our attention should be and not at restaurants and other businesses that should never have been closed in the first place.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1206/1182685-covid-ireland-latest/

Weatherspoons here come

Now you're speculating about who leaked the speculation that you're speculating about...and then adding more speculation for the craic.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Now you're speculating about who leaked the speculation that you're speculating about...and then adding more speculation for the craic.

Isn’t everyone here speculating?

• Advertisement

Isn’t everyone here speculating?

No. Some people actually bring facts to the table.

The numbers and mis-management isn't in the wider community or among many of these businesses. It's within our hospital's, care homes and nursing homes. This persisted through Level 5.
    Back in March, and now again - the HSE have failed to get their house in order and failed to protect those most vulnerable to Covid. NPHET's and the HSE's mantra seems to be - low 'community transmission' prevents issues in these settings. So every time they fail to control outbreaks, this is the wider public's fault and not theirs. It's utter madness. I know many nurses and others working in these settings, they're not getting tested. No regular testing system in place at all - this is where our attention should be and not at restaurants and other businesses that should never have been closed in the first place.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1206/1182685-covid-ireland-latest/

What about the spikes after club GAA games? Funerals? This isn't all confined to hospitals, meat factories and nursing homes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How come there are still so many Garda checkpoints around? I get the need for them at county lines, but for instance in Dublin, there are so many, that are a good distance from county borders...

Swords: R132 at the GAA club, checkpoint there daily now..
    Swords Road (under M50 bridge), there now
    Oscar Traynor road, it's there quite often....

Why are there still so many checkpoints (well) within Dublin? Is it just to show their presence? to keep up the fight against Covid? to intimidate??

There pretty much non existent outside Dublin and if you do pass one they don't stop you. I haven't been back to Dublin since December but i've travelled a good bit of the country, had to roll down the window once in the first lockdown.

If you didn't see the guard around Dublin people would forget there in a hostage situation and we don't want that happening.

No. Some people actually bring facts to the table.

Some of us contribute a lot.

Outside of pedantic nit picking others bring very little but that’s ok too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

What about the spikes after club GAA games? Funerals? This isn't all confined to hospitals, meat factories and nursing homes.

What about spikes from people existing and having to get food, supplies, shop, play sports, get educated, etc. We should just be protecting those most at risk. I've been out and about all week, patience is gone for restrictions and another level 5. There actually seems to be quite a lot of anger out there from business owners over the closures of the last 6 weeks.

Some of us contribute a lot.

Outside of pedantic nit picking others bring very little but that’s ok too

One person's nit picking is another person's fact checking. Speculation is a contribution alright. It's just not one that I take seriously.

What about spikes from people existing and having to get food, supplies, shop, play sports, get educated, etc. We should just be protecting those most at risk. I've been out and about all week, patience is gone for restrictions and another level 5. There actually seems to be quite a lot of anger out there from business owners over the closures of the last 6 weeks.

Yes but we will have level 5 inflicted on us again in January. We're only in level 3 now because of Christmas. There is no natural break come January. The next level 5 could last for quite a while.

Yes but we will have level 5 inflicted on us again in January. We're only in level 3 now because of Christmas. There is no natural break come January. The next level 5 could last for quite a while.

It might. There’ll be zero justification for it and people like you will rejoice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Weatherspoons here come

I think it’s getting more obvious the pubs will never open fully until everyone is vaccinated. It’s going to depend on whether the government do a good job rolling the vaccine out and who drags their heels about taking it. If all goes to plan and there’s a good uptake of the vaccine pubs will open long before October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Bull****. Lockdown 3 is going to go on past St. Patrick's and Easter no matter what.

We have no say in the matter, but they love the pointing the finger at us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement