Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Looks like the over 85s have been partying and flying in from abroad again

Cases over 2.5 times the national average in that demographic

https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status/1336380221172428802
    That's bizarre what would be causing it, is it all just down to spread in nursing homes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

bb1234567 wrote: »
    That's bizarre what would be causing it, is it all just down to spread in nursing homes?

Maybe its my mother being allowed back to mass that's causing it :D

Its the non protection and non testing in the nursing homes that's causing it

Although one poster did blame it on fornicating young drunken nurses going to house parties and going back to work in the nursing home the following day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

bb1234567 wrote: »

Hospitals and nursing homes are the most likely place to catch the virus but Tony Likes to blame shoppers, drinkers and flyers

I see Tony is claiming credit for the vaccine plan but the paper he links says they just rubberstamped it

The Strategy was developed by the National Immunisation Advisory Committee (NIAC) and Department of Health, endorsed by the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET), and approved by Government on 8 December 2020.

https://twitter.com/CMOIreland/status/1336405666097934338

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Looks like the over 85s have been partying and flying in from abroad again

Cases over 2.5 times the national average in that demographic

https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status/1336380221172428802

Pints without a 9€ meal!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Only a couple of weeks ago he was tut-tutting vaccine talk, now when the tide has turned and there are pictures of people getting vaccinated in the UK, he is claiming credit for it saying it's all his doing.

Yep- did not want to hear about vaccines- the air time this nothing gets is absolutely incredible. He’s not an expert on viruses or vaccinations- from all I can gather he’s a state bureaucrat that started his career as a GP and clearly with the right political patronage and media connections has worked his way into this position- absolutely ZILCH he’s overseen or “recommended” has been anyway innovative or new. Most of it extremely destructive and of very questionable benefit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

RobitTV wrote: »

Looking on the bright side, he said months rather than years :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

46 Long wrote: »

Can't see what the problem is, We had 1200 cases a day a few months ago and it only every resulted in 300 in Hospital and lowest hospital numbers in years and years.

• Advertisement

That kite has never stopped since March- it’s flown only higher and higher

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sick of this, Is anyone country as negative as ours

There’s a very strong hypochondriac hysterical element in Irish society- I’m quite familiar with it as my dear granny was one - she was always either dying or had some major ailment about to strike her down. Can’t imagine how she’d have gotten through this but I’ve no doubt she’s be getting tested regularly etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    There’s a very strong hypochondriac hysterical element in Irish society- I’m quite familiar with it as my dear granny was one - she was always either dying or had some major ailment about to strike her down. Can’t imagine how she’d have gotten through this but I’ve no doubt she’s be getting tested regularly etc.

As my Grand Father remarked about my late Granny
    She was only ever middling on a good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Tony is a devious snake, he would claim credit for the sunrise if it was possible. Also noted at several press conferences lately he would repeatedly bring up worst-hit areas in continental Europe to portray himself in a positive light. He desperately wants to bask in adulation.
    And to convince the public he had nothing to do with the cervical cancer debacle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,062 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

HBC08 wrote: »
    Yeah,the Twitter crowd are hysterical maniacs.
    If you want reasoned debate from smart people theres only one place to be......
    The Restrictions thread on Boards.
    HBC08 wrote: »
    Thanks,I've been here since the start,
    I enjoy observing the loons,keep up the good work.

If you have nothing of substance to contribute then I suggest you don't post. Further posts along these lines will mean a threadban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,530 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sick of this, Is anyone country as negative as ours

No, we have the most amount of negative tests results in the EU.

An overall positive all would agree I assume coming into the Christmas period.

Obviously that is based on reality and not nonsensical ranting and raving about the CMO getting excited about locking us up, etc.

Boggles wrote: »
    No, we have the most amount of negative tests results in the EU.

An overall positive all would agree I assume coming into the Christmas period.

Obviously that is based on reality and not nonsensical ranting and raving about the CMO getting excited about locking us up, etc.

How do case rates contracted in hospitals and especially in nursing homes compare to the rest of Europe

brisan wrote: »
    How do case rates contracted in hospitals and especially in nursing homes compare to the rest of Europe

Overall Europe hasn't been great.

Getting better though.

Europe battles surge in coronavirus deaths in nursing homes

Belgium have improved, but Spain are starting to struggle again.
    Most countries are ramping up screening of workers and residents, trying to prevent spread by asymptomatic virus carriers. The strategy has helped Belgium reduce nursing homes deaths from 63% of all COVID-19 fatalities before mid-June to 39% at the end of November.

But in Spain, where the pandemic has ignited a polarized debate on the country’s ability to care for Europe’s fastest-aging society, nursing home coronavirus deaths have been climbing for two months. They now make up roughly half of all new daily fatalities, a similar share as in March and April. New daily infections are also disproportionate in the homes — 13 cases inside for every one outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Tony H already flying the kite for a January lockdown

Where's a lightening storm when you need one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

RobitTV wrote: »

"months ahead". Sure.

I was out and about back at the office in June and in pubs when they opened in the summer, as well as shops and cafes, then I flew abroad for a holiday in August.

But this time post-lockdown it feels far more lively and to be honest like the hysteria is a storm in an online teacup. I can even see the media sites not putting the daily covid totals in the headlines anymore and you have to scroll down to get them. On IT and Journal articles, the wave of comments and most liked comments tilts away from anything NPHET says. It is overwhelming against the seriousness of covid. That is not to say that people are crying for full reopening but that they are fed up listening to the negativity which does not match the data.

• Advertisement

I just saw on Virgin Media “As over 2000 families prepare for Christmas without their loved ones, the reality of Covid comes into sharp focus”.

What about the other 20 odd thousand deaths...

Guess they don’t matter.

I just saw on Virgin Media “As over 2000 families prepare for Christmas without their loved ones, the reality of Covid comes into sharp focus”.

What about the other 20 odd thousand deaths...

Guess they don’t matter.

My word what a narrow-minded angle, then again we're talking about a news outlet that hired Zara King so little surprises me anymore. All other type of deaths need not apply. My father lost his battle with cancer in August, it won't be a marvelous Christmas but we'll try our best.

Almost a Covid-19 death fetish at this point with Virgin Media and RTE, they really are the pits of the world. Insensitive isn't the least of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Penfailed wrote: »
    250 people vaccinated in the north today. The first care home residents and their carers were amongst those. 25 residents with dementia got the jab...the eldest of which was 100 years old!

Pretty good going considering the vaccine was never going to arrive, at least according to this thread anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Donnelly on newstalk with the daily dose of fear mongering.. Sticking by the "don't come home for Christmas" line regardless of recent statements on the topic.

Because of this continuing nonsense and the real impact its having on people's fears I will only get to see my 8 year old for a few hours Christmas eve and Christmas morning before I'll have to leave to "allow" one of his uncles to visit.. Even though I'd be statistically more likely to contract "de virus" from them rather than the other way around.

Donnelly saying that they don't have an answer for when we can all get back to normal life, saying it'll be "several months" at least

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Donnelly on newstalk with the daily dose of fear mongering.. Sticking by the "don't come home for Christmas" line regardless of recent statements on the topic.

Because of this continuing nonsense and the real impact its having on people's fears I will only get to see my 8 year old for a few hours Christmas eve and Christmas morning before I'll have to leave to "allow" one of his uncles to visit.. Even though I'd be statistically more likely to contract "de virus" from them rather than the other way around.

Donnelly saying that they don't have an answer for when we can all get back to normal life, saying it'll be "several months" at least

Contrast Donnelly with Matt Hancock in the UK who has said restrictions will be gone by spring. We're going to be the slow kid in the class yet again. While the rest of Western Europe, Japan, South Korea etc are ending restrictions the HSE will still be arsing around trying to vaccinate the OAPs.

TBH that sounds far more like a situation engineered from personal circumstance rather than "de virus".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

TBH that sounds far more like a situation engineered from personal circumstance rather than "de virus".

It's because of the constant fear mongering from Government, NPHET and the media and the effects it's having on people and their own decision making process

My ex would normally be the type to be cautious but she's now completely freaked out about the idea that she or her parents will catch it and it'll be a death sentence for them.

It's not her fault really. This is what we've been telling people for 10 months after all.

It's because of the constant fear mongering from Government, NPHET and the media and the effects it's having on people and their own decision making process

My ex would normally be the type to be cautious but she's now completely freaked out about the idea that she or her parents will catch it and it'll be a death sentence for them.

It's not her fault really. This is what we've been telling people for 10 months after all.

Fair enough.

On a separate point, i'll be taking advantage of the pandemic to not meet people I don't like either. :)

Fair enough.

On a separate point, i'll be taking advantage of the pandemic to not meet people I don't like either. :)

You are assuming that either he doesn’t like his ex or she doesn’t like him or both
    May not be the case at all
    You can love someone but not be able to live with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Sorry to hear about Christmas Day

Just saying the Law Library have given an opinion (that is accepted by the state) that all arrangements for having your kid(s) supercede any covid guidelines if you wanted to push the matter.
    It's listed on citizens information.
    You are more important than an "uncle"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement