Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Source?

Have you not been following the news? All the reports of Large outbreaks in letter Kenny, Naas, loughlinstown hospitals etc which subsequently had large numbers of Covid patients overnight.

Even NPHETs own slides last night show this

https://twitter.com/fergalbowers/status/1337108269983207428?s=21

Boggles wrote: »
    So you are suggesting restrictions had \ have no baring on the trajectory of the virus?

So it's nearing mid December, shouldn't we be approaching our peak?

Or did our Covid Season run from October to November in Ireland?

Also I am unaware of any seasonal virus that infects 10,000 people a day in Florida in July.

Are you?

I don’t know to be honest, I am not an expert when it comes to virus’s. But I can look at graphs and see trends.

And the trends for every country look so similar. Peaks in March/Apr/May and then it quietened down over summer before kicking off again around Sept/Oct.

Doesn’t matter whether you had the harshest lockdown, longest lockdown or no lockdown at all. Seems inevitable that those peaks occur.

Of course that doesn’t mean that restrictions don’t still have a part to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

It looks like our experts and leaders have eradicated influenza. Even the flu is terrified of Covid and seems to be taking the winter off. The reaper, our mortal Judge Judy has hung up that particular scythe for now. Another feather in FFGs cap going forward, the eradication of influenza, big achievement. I would like to take this opportunity now to remind people to open all their windows to disperse the Death droplets in their house. I saw a particularly terrifying NHS ad that showed the plague as a terrifying green mist seeking out hosts. Open all your windows guys, I know it’s December but experts are recommending it. Just throw on a good jumper and enjoy the fresh frigid air as it gushes through the gaff. I am adding star notes for neighbors who don’t in the dossier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

No I don't.

But if you have citation or some data to back up that assertion, I will gladly take a look.

Suuuure you will....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,530 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Suuuure you will....

I will absolutely.

So in your own good time.

• Advertisement

I read an article in the IT yesterday dudes, the oracle has told Mr Tony to expect absolute carnage come mid January. The signs were also very bad when Nphet cast the bones and examined the liver of a dead sheep. By Christ I hope we can get pits dug fast enough or the corpses will be piling up estate entrances, street corners and doorways. The next lockdown is going to be crucial going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Paddygreen wrote: »
    I read an article in the IT yesterday dudes, the oracle has told Mr Tony to expect absolute carnage come mid January. The signs were also very bad when Nphet cast the bones and examined the liver of a dead sheep. By Christ I hope we can get pits dug fast enough or the corpses will be piling up estate entrances, street corners and doorways. The next lockdown is going to be crucial going forward.

The next two lockdowns will be crucial ,.,

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The next two lockdowns will be crucial ,.,

And absolutely essential as a tactic of war on Covid19 green death droplet mist. I think a curfew would be a nice touch. Maybe we could sing to each other from our open windows to lift our spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Glenomra

And absolutely essential as a tactic of war on Covid19 green death droplet mist. I think a curfew would be a nice touch. Maybe we could sing to each other from our open windows to lift our spirits.
    And clap the delivery workers who will brave the epidemic to deliver badly needed Amazon 'tat' to the desperate masses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Maybe we could sing to each other from our open windows to lift our spirits.

But be careful you don’t trip over grandpa who was put against the window!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

George lee yet again via rte 1 o'clock news peddling utter ****e about next 2 weeks is crucial that man and tony have a reckoning coming to them down the line when the dust settles, but like sheep people will agree that the HSE hasnt been a shambles for years. They will be found out eventually.

Whole country is a fcuking joke, Dail-RTE/media- all disgraceful.

But sure all them ministers needed a pay rise and fcuk them student nurses working there ass off for free while trying to pay rent, its a jpke that they are not paid regardless of a poxy virus

I honestly wish i i never came back here. when the world goes back to normal (if ever) im gone again, why would anyone keep voting these cnuts into leadership

George lee yet again via rte 1 o'clock news peddling utter ****e about next 2 weeks is crucial that man and tony have a reckoning coming to them down the line when the dust settles, but like sheep people will agree that the HSE hasnt been a shambles for years. They will be found out eventually.

But sure all them ministers needed a pay rise and fcuk them student nurses working there ass off for free while trying to pay rent, its a jpke that they are not paid regardless of a poxy virus

I honestly wish i i never came back here. when the world goes back to normal (if ever) im gone again, why would anyone keep voting these cnuts into leadership

This sounds like sedition to me. How does a few years rehabilitation on a socially distant collective farm in Roscommon sound to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Paddy great idea except singing has been banned.

https://www.nova.ie/all-buskers-banned-from-dublin-streets-190729/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

It looks like our experts and leaders have eradicated influenza. Even the flu is terrified of Covid and seems to be taking the winter off. The reaper, our mortal Judge Judy has hung up that particular scythe for now. Another feather in FFGs cap going forward, the eradication of influenza, big achievement. I would like to take this opportunity now to remind people to open all their windows to disperse the Death droplets in their house. I saw a particularly terrifying NHS ad that showed the plague as a terrifying green mist seeking out hosts. Open all your windows guys, I know it’s December but experts are recommending it. Just throw on a good jumper and enjoy the fresh frigid air as it gushes through the gaff. I am adding star notes for neighbors who don’t in the dossier.

I keep all my windows open and I don't run the heating because the radiators create convection currents which could cause a superspreader incident in my own home. The missus had her foot amputated because of frost bite but I told her isn't that better than catching COVID!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The world's being punk'd at this stage. Where you at Ashton?

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1337261670285119488?s=20

1000% sure why do you think Liam Neeson snubbed and gave the finger to enda kenny when he called him to be an ambasador for the brainwave that was " the gathering"..Liam knows when you've done your part and played your role, the ill fit suited invertebrates will f*ck you over like a new fish in shawshank!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

If it is specialized and not wide spread and you are being airlifted to another country to receive it.

It's the very definition of last resort, the inference is they would certainly die without it.

No - don’t agree with that being an indication of last resort. Plenty of people go to ICU here for critical care and they may die without it. Resources here were stretched and patients sent to a country with capacity available - because there was precedent for it.

There is shock value in ‘Belgium airlifting ICU patients to Germany’. However there is context needed - how many in comparison to previous outbreaks that strained health system?

It’s a bit like the shock headlines here when running out of ICU/hospital bed capacity, and as it turned out... that’s really not unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

The year is 2270 and a certain tradition is followed at Christmas whereby it is customary to leave a window open due to a myth about a terrifying masked, bald creature know as "Ctholho", who apparently haunts old people but by leaving the window open for Christmas you keep him away. The two week period at Christmas to follow this tradition is crucial in order to give granny another year of good health. No one knows where it came from and of course not many actually believe it but some people follow it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭mikekerry

The world's being punk'd at this stage. Where you at Ashton?

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1337261670285119488?s=20

ok and the winner is!

The year is 2270 and a certain tradition is followed at Christmas whereby it is customary to leave a window open due to a myth about a terrifying masked, bald creature know as "Ctholho", who apparently haunts old people.

Here it is, better to call it “Mr Tony”.
    0_JS224121736.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,530 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No - don’t agree with that being an indication of last resort. Plenty of people go to ICU here for critical care and they may die without it. Resources here were stretched and patients sent to a country with capacity available - because there was precedent for it.

It was nothing to do with ICU capacity, it was a specialized limited treatment they needed, they didn't want for an ICU bed, they had them.

Absolutely nothing in common with France, Holland, Italy and Belgium sending patients to Germany because their ICU capacity became overwhelmed.

Tony has issued an appeal to the non temperance crowd..please drink with ease at Xmas so we do not overwhelm the front line bar staff and publican institutions.. no part time waiting staff will be paid now it has transpired..:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Decent crowd at the Ulster match. Meanwhile no one will be allow to attend in the open spaces of Croke Park this weekend. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Hopefully the 2076 AI final will be played in front a limited number of fans in Croke Park

Sure we'll all be wiped out in the next fortnight.

Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Hopefully the 2076 AI final will be played in front a limited number of fans in Croke Park

The few weeks before that will be crucial ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Actual footage of the virus sweeping the land:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

Succulent to see the daily covid numbers headlines drop down in priority. Dr Doomer trying his hardest to "warn" and "urge caution" but he can't escape the data and a weary public who are sick of his pessimistic narrative which has accompanied all press briefings no matter what numbers. Brexit dominating the headlines again must be making him fume into his cornflakes this morning as the masses descend on shops, restaurants and homes to enjoy the Christmas build up. Well earned of course for everyone, the people have done their bit this year in Ireland to ensure our hospitals never got overrun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

jacdaniel2014, stop bringing up discussion from other threads in the manner you are doing, it's known as baiting. If you want to debate other threads then go and post in the ones you keep mentioning.

To others, enough of the 'curtain twitcher' and 'bed wetter' rhetoric, I have removed posts containing this sort of nonsense. If you cannot discuss the topic in a civil manner without reverting to that sort of idiotic language then don't post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nightclubs closed

I think most would agree that those are fairly reasonable steps.
    Do you think pubs should be open and allow standing at the bar or elsewhere? If so what do you consider to be a nightclub and why should they be closed and not bars.

I was asking this in another thread an unsurprisingly got no answer. Lots of pubs are similar to nightclubs, just not open as late, so if you have an issue with those have you any suggestions on keeping them shut.

We don’t need nonsense like 5KM limits, 9 euro meals, .
    do you seriously not realise the background behind the "substantial meal" laws? which are in place for 50+ years? Other countries have these in place, are you truly confused about it and fail to see the though behind it? (i.e. you deem it to literally have no sense).

why do you think this long standing law below is possibly in place?
    Children aged 15 and over, who are accompanied by their parent or guardian, can stay on the premises after 9:00 (10:00 pm from May to September) if they are attending a private function where a substantial meal is being served
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/criminal_law/criminal_offences/alcohol_and_the_law.html#

I kept thinking people are just feigning ignorance but am getting more and more worried about the mental capacity of the public. Does this really need explaining?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

fin12's threadban has been lifted after discussion with poster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement