Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

MadYaker wrote: »
    People on trollies? That’s not what’s happening up north. You’re in complete denial. Maybe reality is too scary for you.

Reality is not at all scary for me- unlike people like you, I accept viruses and death as a natural part of the life cycle. It’s precisely because you can’t accept it is why hysteria of ambulance pics evidently effects you in a panicked way. It has zero effect on me without a full and proper context of was happening patient and case.
    Where do you think people actually go after an ambulance or do you think they’re just left there in them? It’s everything to do with the ongoing trolley crises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

growleaves wrote: »
    The Times of Israel reported that Israelis will need a vaccination passport to go to restaurants according to the Israeli government. That is at least one country where it is planned to be a part of official policy ( though perhaps people will object as they did in Denmark?)

Israelis of all people being required by the government to show the "papers" when entering a restaurant.... now who'd have guessed on that this day last year!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Reality is not at all scary for me- unlike people like you, I accept viruses and death as a natural part of the life cycle. It’s precisely because you can’t accept it is why hysteria of ambulance pics evidently effects you in a panicked way. It has zero effect on me without a full and proper context of was happening patient and case.
    Where do you think people actually go after an ambulance or do you think they’re just left there in them? It’s everything to do with the ongoing trolley crises

Hilarious. But also kind of sad. Trolley crises :pac:

The report I linked wasn't hysteria, it was simply stating facts. You seem to have trouble assessing facts though. The fact that you're even mentioning trollies means you have no idea what I'm even talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Indeed.. I spent 2 days on one of those trolleys in a hallway outside the Emergency Room about 2/3 years ago. 17 hours sitting on a very uncomfortable metal A&E chair last year.

It's nothing new.

Were you ever treated in the back of an ambulance as they queued up in the carpark because A&E was full?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mr zulu

Were you ever treated in the back of an ambulance as they queued up in the carpark because A&E was full?

I would love to be treated in a back of a ambulance, seeing that I have a open wound in my back for the last 3 weeks, doctors are telling me not to come, send a picture instead, rang a private hospital to get appointment, was told that since doctors are not seeing patients, there is a backlog till March, I guess unless you have covid nothing else matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,530 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mr zulu wrote: »
    I would love to be treated in a back of a ambulance, seeing that I have a open wound in my back for the last 3 weeks, doctors are telling me not to come, send a picture instead, rang a private hospital to get appointment, was told that since doctors are not seeing patients, there is a backlog till March, I guess unless you have covid nothing else matters.

What country do you live in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

The Covid hysteria is crazy when you really think about it. I mean, early reports suggested that millions could potentially die. I seen figures ranging from 50M to 100+M.

Now, it became quite clear back in March/April that that was simply not going to be the case. Here we are 1 year later and we only have 1.6M deaths.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/summary/

Look at the CASES & DEATHS chart there. The spike in cases in April and October. Yet the deaths don't follow. Mostly because the vast majority of deaths are people who were going to die in a short pace of time anyway, or who died and happened to have tested positive.

Hysteria is right. And now we are facing into vaccination certificates to be allowed live a normal life. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Boggles wrote: »
    I'll ask again

Why have governments across the globe particularly Western Capitalism crashed their economies for a "fairly harmless illness"?

Wouldn't have happened 20 years ago. Social -media has played a huge factor in both the fueling of hysteria and the virtue-signaling associated with the response to Covid.

The politicians have done what they've always done and followed the votes - why wouldn't they? - it's only our tax money they're flushing down the drain - they're well-insulated from the negative effects of their decisions.

The tens of billions wasted on Covid could have been used to protect many times more people than were ever at risk from a disease that is mostly harmless to the vast majority. We will live with the consequences of this madness for years and possibly decades to come.

Lads like yourself are wholly responsible for this madness - ye just can't see past the Covid.

Wouldn't have happened 20 years ago.

I don't know what is so special about the year 2000. :confused:

But here a piece on 1918 - 102 years ago.
    In 1918, a San Francisco health officer shot three people when one refused to wear a mandatory face mask. In Arizona, police handed out $10 fines for those caught without the protective gear. But eventually, the most drastic and sweeping measures paid off. After implementing a multitude of strict closures and controls on public gatherings, St. Louis, San Francisco, Milwaukee, and Kansas City responded fastest and most effectively: Interventions there were credited with cutting transmission rates by 30 to 50 percent. New York City, which reacted earliest to the crisis with mandatory quarantines and staggered business hours, experienced the lowest death rate on the Eastern seaboard.

Those lizard people go way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/people-with-vaccine-certificates-to-face-fewer-restrictions-on-life-39869247.html

This is absolutely not the way to go and will only increase anti vaccination agendas, validating their ideas.

Surely it will have the opposite effect
    Those sitting on the fence will jump at a vaccination if it means that they can travel ,go to gigs etc.

• Advertisement

When I waited 17 hours in A+E I would have gladly accepted treatment in an ambulance if it meant 15 hours less waiting.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Remember when the suggestion of a "vaccine passport" being required to participate in society was being dismissed as a conspiracy theory?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/people-with-vaccine-certificates-to-face-fewer-restrictions-on-life-39869247.html

Being discussed on NT this morning too.

Not so far-fetched after all is it?

I do not see the problem with this
    If you hold strong anti vaxx beliefs then a restriction on your freedoms should not shake those beliefs
    if it does then they were not strongly held in the first place

536299.JPG
    It speaks to whether requiring a vaccination passport to do mundane, ordinary things is a mad, far-out, paranoid conspiracy theory or an actual policy that actual governments implement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

brisan wrote: »
    I do not see the problem with this
    If you hold strong anti vaxx beliefs then a restriction on your freedoms should not shake those beliefs
    if it does then they were not strongly held in the first place

What is an anti-vaxx belief and when is a thought a crime?

Very bizarre rhetoric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

Not sure how that addresses my point. Did you need your old yellowing vaccination book to go the corner shop and buy a loaf of bread for a shilling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

Very bizarre rhetoric.

Give it a few months and some here will be demanding special camps be set up on the Curragh.
    This whole vaccine passport thing is going to get very ugly very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

bloopy wrote: »
    Give it a few months and some here will be demanding special camps be set up on the Curragh.

Covid has really brought out the inner Stasi in a lot of people. Thankfully, it seems to be all online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

RonaVirus wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/summary/

Look at the CASES & DEATHS chart there. The spike in cases in April and October. Yet the deaths don't follow. Mostly because the vast majority of deaths are people who were going to die in a short pace of time anyway, or who died and happened to have tested positive.

Hysteria is right. And now we are facing into vaccination certificates to be allowed live a normal life. The mind boggles.

There are two alternative scenarios to this:
    1. We have gotten much better at treating for the virus
    2. There were a hell of a lot more daily cases between March and May that we just did not catch or test for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

I don't know what is so special about the year 2000. :confused:

But here a piece on 1918 - 102 years ago.

Those lizard people go way back.

No one here has mentioned lizard people so stop talking nonsense. Someone pointed out that Israel are planning on introducing vaccine passports and for some reason you decided that wasn't worth addressing.

That’s not what mandatory means. There have always been countries you can’t visit without showing vaccination certificates for certain illnesses. It’s a requirement of entry for loads of south East Asian countries and has been for decades so this is nothing new.

Mandatory is the government passing a law saying everyone has to get vaccinated.

Exactly if you do not want to get vaccinated don't
    No one will force you or compel you to get vaccinated .its your choice
    Exactly the same way it is the choice of another EU country to prevent you from entering

• Advertisement

Not sure how that addresses my point. Did you need your old yellowing vaccination book to go the corner shop and buy a loaf of bread for a shilling?

Who suggested you would need vac. cert to go shopping. Tilting at windmills once more

Very bizarre rhetoric.

Who said thought was a crime
    Where did that notion come from
    An anti vaxx belief is a belief that vaccinations are not necessary or wanted to the individual

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭mikekerry

No one here has mentioned lizard people so stop talking nonsense. Someone pointed out that Israel are planning on introducing vaccine passports and for some reason you decided that wasn't worth addressing.

Lizard people are actually more plausible then the lunacy been suggested TBF.

But, what Israel may or may not be planning to do had nothing to do with my point.

But listen if that Irish lad is asked for a vaccine passport going to his local Irish pub I will immediately say I was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

Who suggested you would need vac. cert to go shopping. Tilting at windmills once more

If you were following the conversation you would know what was being discussed. It's whether governments will require a "passport" for ordinary, mundane activities.

You're not here for a lucid discussion, you're just throwing around gifs and phrases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Funniest thing i heard today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

There are two alternative scenarios to this:
    1. We have gotten much better at treating for the virus
    2. There were a hell of a lot more daily cases between March and May that we just did not catch or test for.

Or number 3:
    People were isolating before phase 2 came in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Lizard people are actually more plausible then the lunacy been suggested TBF.

But, what Israel may or may not be planning to do had nothing to do with my point.

But listen if that Irish lad is asked for a vaccine passport going to his local Irish pub I will immediately say I was wrong.

I don't think proof of vaccinations being required for certain activities is that far fetched. It certainly wouldn't be the biggest overstep or draconian measure introduced by the government throughout all this. If governments think they can do something and get away with it, they will.

I don't think proof of vaccinations being required for certain activities is that far fetched. It certainly wouldn't be the biggest overstep or draconian measure introduced by the government throughout all this. If governments think they can do something and get away with it, they will.

So you think it will be a less restrictive measure, so would agree with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭crossman47

So you think it will be a less restrictive measure, so would agree with it?

But they don't do it so they can get away with it - they do it for a good reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement