Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Boggles wrote: »
    So you think it will be a less restrictive measure, so would agree with it?

Its no different to needing ID for going into a Pub or a concert

The only way an 18 year old is ahead of you is if they are in long term residential care or have a high risk pre existing condition

Read the priority listing. If everything goes well for Tony and vaccine stops people spreading it he wants an 18 year old vaccinated before a 54 year old as 18 year olds have more contacts/friends. This protect the already vaccinated with quicker herd immunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Read the priority listing. If everything goes well for Tony and vaccine stops people spreading it he wants an 18 year old vaccinated before a 54 year old as 18 year olds have more contacts/friends. This protect the already vaccinated with quicker herd immunity.

That actually makes a degree of sense. It also gets people back to work quicker and money flowing back to the HSE, who'll make a balls of things anyway.

In fact, I've got zero confidence that any vaccination series will be seamless and without scandal.

That actually makes a degree of sense. It also gets people back to work quicker and money flowing back to the HSE, who'll make a balls of things anyway.

In fact, I've got zero confidence that any vaccination series will be seamless and without scandal.

If it makes sense, then tony should tone down on the fearmongering that anyone can die of this. Truth is he thinks anyone under 55 covid is a bad flu. He cant have his cake and eat it. He talks out of both sides of his mouth.

Vaccination will be a s**t storm. Has all the ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

brisan wrote: »
    Who said thought was a crime
    Where did that notion come from
    An anti vaxx belief is a belief that vaccinations are not necessary or wanted to the individual

I've no inclination to get the flu vaccine but I have gotten vaccines against more harmful illnesses. Am I holding anti-vaxx beliefs?

• Advertisement

If it makes sense, then tony should tone down on the fearmongering that anyone can die of this. Truth is he thinks anyone under 55 covid is a bad flu. He cant have his cake and eat it. He talks out of both sides of his mouth.

Worst case scenario bad flu for the under 55s (without severe underlyings), negligible for the vast majority of under 55s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Worst case scenario bad flu for the under 55s (without severe underlyings), negligible for the vast majority of under 55s.

More than likely. So you be ok if your Private healthcare doesn't cover covid and the same for traveling abroad?

More than likely. So you be ok if your Private healthcare doesn't cover covid and the same for traveling abroad?

Of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

So you think it will be a less restrictive measure, so would agree with it?

Stop twisting my words. Where in my post did I even imply that I agreed with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,530 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Stop twisting my words. Where in my post did I even imply that I agreed with it?

Jaysus.

They are your words. You claimed vaccination passpords are less restrictive than other measures introduced.

I merely asked you a question.

• Advertisement

Jaysus.

They are your words. You claimed vaccination passpords are less restrictive than other measures introduced.

I merely asked you a question.

Considering I used the words draconian and government overreach to describe mandatory vaccines and other measures, take a wild guess how I feel about them.

Considering I used the words draconian and government overreach to describe mandatory vaccines and other measures, take a wild guess how I feel about them.

Is there any restrictions you don't consider draconian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,860 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4142369452458692&id=257558294273180&sfnsn=mo

Alright lads

No singing
    Hugs, kisses and shaking hands
    Share food
    Share cutlery
    No staying in the same room for long

**** off

Is there any restrictions you don't consider draconian?

I consider things like 5k limits to travel, bans on inter county travel, barring people from certain places / activities to be draconian. The lockdowns were necessary to a degree but keeping us shut down over the summer while the rest of Europe got a break was overdoing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Funniest thing i heard today

In the “level 5 lockdown essentially failed” thread in post number 57 somebody when setting out what lockdown SHOULD have been they suggest “isolated camps for children where they would live all the time with their teachers”.
    So, tell us again how funny that is. This is the type of absolute lunacy that this thing is bringing out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Vaccine discussion et al should go in the dedicated vaccine thread, this is about the relaxation of restrictions.

I'm aware that some of this goes hand in hand but roaming off topic into discussion on the pros and cons of a 'vaccine passport' is definitely not for this thread.

Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

MadYaker wrote: »
    Can you find any links to media reports from last year of queues of ambulances forming outside hospitals in the north and doctors treating patients in the car park? I can’t.

Actually I hate to inform you, it's happened over multiple years in Ireland and the U.K. unfortunately. It's not new:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30948568.html

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/patients-spending-17-hours-stuck-16739738

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30974193.html

These articles are all from before the pandemic, from 2019, 2018 and January 2020. I've seen other articles re Irish hospitals over the years where ambulances are forced to wait outside A&E's and are then tied up when the next call comes in.
    This is reality, it doesn't make it right.
    I'm not pretending Covid doesn't exist and isn't a threat to certain groups of people. I just don't agree with our response. We will leave this pandemic with the same health service we had previously, useless. And we could have invested billions in it with all the money we've spent keeping healthy people at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,332 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I’d forgotten that there are future relaxation from Friday. I was in a hotel yesterday after a funeral but we had a limited time and number of people there and separate tables and no mixing and masks had to be be worn which made a **** day somewhat easier knowing that the place in question were very strict.

I consider things like 5k limits to travel, bans on inter county travel, barring people from certain places / activities to be draconian. The lockdowns were necessary to a degree but keeping us shut down over the summer while the rest of Europe got a break was overdoing it

Were we locked down over summer? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,860 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Panic buttons at the ready, Lockdown 3 is coming

All the wet pubs fault oh wait

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Panic buttons at the ready, Lockdown 3 is coming

Further restrictions are being lifted in 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

MadYaker wrote: »
    Can you find any links to media reports from last year of queues of ambulances forming outside hospitals in the north and doctors treating patients in the car park? I can’t.

You can't find any because it hasn't happened before.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4142369452458692&id=257558294273180&sfnsn=mo

Alright lads

No singing
    Hugs, kisses and shaking hands
    Share food
    Share cutlery
    No staying in the same room for long

**** off

The comments are good and telling in fairness- majority are done with this utter nonsensical rubbish.
    If there’s yet another lockdown it’s going to be fun I reckon- the ****e is crumbling now

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Were we locked down over summer? :confused:

Yep- pubs etc never fully opened. No gigs, major restrictions and gatherings and events. Of course we were locked down. And have been since March

road_high wrote: »
    There wasn't Covid hysteria then so of course you wouldn't- but people on trolleys has been a constant feature throughout my life but suddenly all that is "shock horror we're all gonna die" stuff.

There's a massive difference between people waiting on trolleys (that's still happening too) and fifteen ambulances queued up outside A&E whilst doctors and nurses get in and out of them to triage patients.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Yep- pubs etc never fully opened. No gigs, major restrictions and gatherings and events. Of course we were locked down. And have been since March

You might have been, I certainly wasn't.

Exactly, we've had nonstop restrictions basically. Just because we've been let very grudgingly out of our kennels over the mid summer and early autumn and again at Christmas doesn't change that fact.

That's not a lockdown. That's having a few restrictions.

Penfailed wrote: »
    That's not a lockdown. That's having a few restrictions.

It's not a few restrictions, it's entire sectors of the economy, hundred's of thousands of jobs and billions of euro stifled. Don't undersell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It's not a few restrictions, it's entire sectors of the economy, hundred's of thousands of jobs and billions of euro stifled. Don't undersell it.

There is a cohort of people who only believe having the front doors of their homes welded shut is a lockdown.

Great social studies to be done after this

Doubt freedom will return fully tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement