Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

:(

Almost quarter of a million Irish people still jobless by end of 2021, says ESRI
    Vaccine rollout, combined with households splurging billions in unspent cash saved during the pandemic, will help economic fightback but will not be enough to stave off 10% unemployment by the end of 2021, ESRI predicts

https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/economy/arid-40192014.html

Pretty horrifying news. This assumes Ireland becomes a modern nations and rolls out vaccine with no issues. We couldnt even roll out flu vaccine this winter....

There’s some unspent cash but less and less so- the lost productivity in the economy thanks to needless useless lockdowns and never ending uncertainty will dwarf that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Outbreak in Ramsgrange due to a funeral returning to the pub afterwards, no social distancing etc.
    This is one of many where outbreaks start in the pub due to people attending an event with the virus or waiting for test result

School getting closed down as its a small village so the clusters have infected 3 kids attending the school and more getting tested

1 Adult in intensive care seriously ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    There’s some unspent cash but less and less so- the lost productivity in the economy thanks to needless useless lockdowns and never ending uncertainty will dwarf that

Yes. Reality is people are pretty sick and tired staying at home for majority of the year. Shi*e weather doesnt help when going for walks either.

They ll take their cash reserves and go to south of Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

RTE reporting :

“The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) is due to meet today, amid concern about an increase in cases of Covid-19.“

I’d expect xmas will be cancelled.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    RTE reporting :

“The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) is due to meet today, amid concern about an increase in cases of Covid-19.“

Getting cancelled in alot of places right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Is the government still starting their Christmas holiday tomorrow? There was some talk of possible sittings - can’t find any updates...

Outbreak? Seriously. Outbreak? You’d swear it as a killer strain of Ebola that was spreading around south Wexford

Getting cancelled in alot of places right now

Christmas ain’t compulsory- you can cancel it yourself- you and all the other “worried” people should perhaps go do that yourselves. If I was as worried as you purport to be on here, I’d have assumed that would be a given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

:(

Almost quarter of a million Irish people still jobless by end of 2021, says ESRI
    Vaccine rollout, combined with households splurging billions in unspent cash saved during the pandemic, will help economic fightback but will not be enough to stave off 10% unemployment by the end of 2021, ESRI predicts

https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/economy/arid-40192014.html

Pretty horrifying news. This assumes Ireland becomes a modern nation and rolls out vaccine with no issues. We couldnt even roll out flu vaccine this winter....

You can help prevent the decline by taking personal responsibility for your own actions.

Keep your distance, wear your mask, don't have big Christmas dinners, parties etc...

Those saying relentlessly don't follow the rules and complaining about reasonable restrictions don't get to pontificate in January about the tougher restrictions and consequences in my opinion.

RTE reporting :

RTE in lockstep with their pals. Surprise there

• Advertisement

You can help prevent the decline by taking personal responsibility for your own actions.

Keep your distance, wear your mask, don't have big Christmas dinners, parties etc...

Those saying relentlessly don't follow the rules and complaining about reasonable restrictions don't get to pontificate in January about the tougher restrictions and consequences in my opinion.

Yawn

Outbreak? Seriously. Outbreak? You’d swear it as a killer strain of Ebola that was spreading around south Wexford

Its a small village not the whole south. The same way Gorey had alot of clusters due to an event in a pub. A few died as a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭facehugger99

RTE reporting :

Given yesterday's reports into the mismanagement of nursing homes and hospitals, I presume it was only coincidental that NPHET decided it was time for a bit of a finger-wag.

RTE are a disgrace too - you'd have to go digging on their site for reports into the nursing homes and hospitals but any kind Covid fear-mongering is breathlessly splashed as a top story headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

RTE reporting :

Surely this increase was expected? They should be saying that they knew this would happen and they have a plan for it.
    But no... it's shock horror time and we "need" to all accept that there may well be another poxy lockdown as they have no plan but this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Its a small village not the whole south. The same way Gorey had alot of clusters due to an event in a pub. A few died as a result

A few died from a cluster?Any links?

sasta le wrote: »
    A few died from a cluster?Any links?

Don't think they published details of exact location, but when you know the people that died, its easier

Without knowing their full medical history and conditions and comorbidities it’s quite an assertion to say people died as a result- I assume you have the evidence to back that up?

Without knowing their full medical history and conditions and comorbidities it’s quite an assertion to say people died as a result- I assume you have the evidence to back that up?

Yep I knew them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Measures imposed in Melbourne have been found to breach human rights to liberty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Tork

Yawn

You can "Yawn" all you want. The boring truth here is that if people didn't flout the rules, we wouldn't have Sir Tony of Hooliganism (or whatever nickname you want to stick on him) on the telly every night furrowing his brow and driving you all mad. Neither he, the government, NPHET nor any other organisation are spreading Covid. We, the people, are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Tork wrote: »
    You can "Yawn" all you want. The boring truth here is that if people didn't flout the rules, we wouldn't have Sir Tony of Hooliganism (or whatever nickname you want to stick on him) on the telly every night furrowing his brow and driving you all mad. Neither he, the government, NPHET nor any other organisation are spreading Covid. We, the people, are.

What about all the outbreaks in hospitals and nursing homes? Not to mention the fact people were transferred from hospital to homes without being screened. Try pawning responsibility for that off onto the public.

What about all the outbreaks in hospitals and nursing homes? Not to mention the fact people were transferred from hospital to homes without being screened. Try pawning responsibility for that off onto the public.

I'm not denying these happen but let's not get into "Look over here" territory. Ordinary people are also spreading this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

We, the people, are.

Speak for yourself. No one in my household ‘flouted’ any rules and most people i know.

One good thing, if there are posters on here making people yawn with their un empathic condescending arrogance their time is coming to an end on here with the vaccines on the horizon.

I'm not denying these happen but let's not get into "Look over here" territory. Ordinary people are also spreading this.

I don't feel it's look over there territory, hundreds of people were killed as a result, the most vulnerable who we went through all this to protect and I've yet to hear NPHET, the government or the HSE take responsibility or be held accountable for it. All we get is bull**** about takeaway pints and worry charts.

So what about all the people who went to funerals and didn't keep their distance? GAA clubs who went on the piss at the end of the season? The crowds who gathered drinking outdoors but far too near each other. The people having house parties, attending illegal raves etc. But ooh nooo, it's the nursing homes and the meat factories. You can't just hive off one aspect of this you find problematic and ignore the bigger picture.

So what about all the people who went to funerals and didn't keep their distance? GAA clubs who went on the piss at the end of the season? The crowds who gathered drinking outdoors but far too near each other. The people having house parties, attending illegal raves etc. But ooh nooo, it's the nursing homes and the meat factories. You can't just hive off one aspect of this you find problematic and ignore the bigger picture.

Look at the age demographic of the average GAA player and the average age and health of someone in a nursing home and try and deduct where covid would do more damage.

So these GAA players didn't spread it to anybody else in their community?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Allinall

Look at the age demographic of the average GAA player and the average age and health of someone in a nursing home and try and deduct where covid would do more damage.

How do you think the virus gets into nursing homes in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

And the virus just magically stops spreading when it reaches the young and healthy GAA players? None of them give it to their parents or grandparents who then get sick and die?

• Advertisement

And none of these strapping, healthy GAA lads have family members who work in nursing homes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement