Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Bringing up pubs in response to calls for relaxing restrictions is a lazy retort.

and yet the anti restrictions crowd are the ones repeatedly bringing it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

froog wrote: »
    and yet the anti restrictions crowd are the ones repeatedly bringing it up.

Do you still think Covid19 is a mild crisis with 20% unemployment and 45% youth unemployment and a 24 Billion deficit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

tails_naf wrote: »
    I think the restrictions shoud be directly tied to cases per 100,000, per county. If you go above 100 per 100,000 then you are level 3, above 150 you're level 4, etc. Easy to understand, direct consequences, and counties that are doing OK can continue to run as normal as possible. It's a total farce bringing in the levels per county and then shutting the whole lot down because 3 out of 26 took the piss. It would also incentivise people in each county to do their part as they can get the county back to level 2. It's feck all good a lad in tipperary can do about what's going on in Dublin if Dublin results in the whole country being at level 5.

Would you consider the R number important at all. If you go from 5 cases per 100,000 one week to 99 cases per 100,000 two weeks later would you not say let's shut things down before waiting for it to go over 100 per 100,000 because obviously the growth is out of control.

These x per 100k suggestions always look odd to me. Rate of growth and movement is more important imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

The obsession with 'cases' needs to stop. Someone who is healthy is not a 'case' regardless what some test says. We need to stop testing with a shotgun spray strategy. Either test representatively where you actually gain some information or test sick people and their contacts. The rest of it is nonsense.
    The mask nonsense needs to stop. Healthy people do not spread the virus. Sick people should stay at home. End of.
    If we must leave large gatherings alone until the vaccines get rolled out but other than that restrictions need to stop.

We have completely lost our marbles and brainwashed large swaths of the population. To undo this damage will take much much longer than kicking this virus.

Its beyond farcical. The biggest shambles of our life time. And thats saying something.

Just my humble - but informed - opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Do you still think Covid19 is a mild crisis with 20% unemployment and 45% youth unemployment and a 24 Billion deficit?

Where did you get those official figures from?

• Advertisement

tails_naf wrote: »
    I think the restrictions shoud be directly tied to cases per 100,000, per county. If you go above 100 per 100,000 then you are level 3, above 150 you're level 4, etc. Easy to understand, direct consequences, and counties that are doing OK can continue to run as normal as possible. It's a total farce bringing in the levels per county and then shutting the whole lot down because 3 out of 26 took the piss. It would also incentivise people in each county to do their part as they can get the county back to level 2. It's feck all good a lad in tipperary can do about what's going on in Dublin if Dublin results in the whole country being at level 5.

Bu then you got to stop people from travelling from county to county, no way to enforce that

UK seem to of got their latest plan out to the people. Not sure why we are taking so long. Personally the government needs to resign and let someone else solve the problem they can't solve

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

"RTE meets Gardai over inquiry into retirement gathering" that's up on the news app.

Ah seriously wtf is going on.

The obsession with 'cases' needs to stop. Someone who is healthy is not a 'case' regardless what some test says. We need to stop testing with a shotgun spray strategy. Either test representatively where you actually gain some information or test sick people and their contacts. The rest of it is nonsense.
    The mask nonsense needs to stop. Healthy people do not spread the virus. Sick people should stay at home. End of.
    If we must leave large gatherings alone until the vaccines get rolled out but other than that restrictions need to stop.

We have completely lost our marbles and brainwashed large swaths of the population. To undo this damage will take much much longer than kicking this virus.

Its beyond farcical. The biggest shambles of our life time. And thats saying something.

Just my humble - but informed - opinion.
    Fantastic post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

UK seem to of got their latest plan out to the people. Not sure why we are taking so long. Personally the government needs to resign and let someone else solve the problem they can't solve

Because arse covering us their main Raison detre not governing. So delay as long as possible for fear of making a decision they’d have to stand over. Irish “government” in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Looking like same old same old lifting of restrictions, Retail back open, dining outdoors only (basically restaurants need not bother), wet pubs (not on your belly), basically level 3+ and whatever your having.

I'm curious to know, if restaurants, Hotels allowed to fully open, are they hoping the staff they let go are expected to close their PUP payment, work for 4 weeks to be told on the 1st January, good luck, you need to sign on for JSA (PUP ends 31st December).

Are these ever so concerned hospitality lobby groups seriously expecting droves of disgracefully treated staff to drop everything to help them out for 4 weeks? I suspect they might be in for a rude awakening.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Oh ffs what nonsense. Oh and who would you suggest replace the Govt and how exactly???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

risteard7 wrote: »
    "RTE meets Gardai over inquiry into retirement gathering" that's up on the news app.

Ah seriously wtf is going on.

What have the Guards go to do with it. There was no law broken and I'd guess a vast majority of them have had it so need to vaccinate them.

Oh ffs what nonsense. Oh and who would you suggest replace the Govt and how exactly???

They’ve already been replaced. Since March. By a group fanatics called Nphet

He just called for the government to be overthrown basically.

What have the Guards go to do with it. There was no law broken and I'd guess a vast majority of them have had it so need to vaccinate them.

I'd say RTE probably rang the Guards to come in for a chat & a cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

252 cases, zero deaths today. Locking 5.2 million people up for these miniscule numbers is nothing short of inhumane. Even Dr. Doom will struggle put a negative on today's numbers.

Open the fcuking country and let people enjoy Decemeber!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

Lundstram wrote: »
    252 cases, zero deaths today. Locking 5.2 million people up for these miniscule numbers is nothing short of inhumane. Even Dr. Doom will struggle put a negative on today's numbers.

Things will be opened up for December. The numbers are too low to convince people that lockdown is needed. Still could end in disaster though come January.

He's probably still deeply concerned though. The next two weeks are crucial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Looking like same old same old lifting of restrictions, Retail back open, dining outdoors only (basically restaurants need not bother), wet pubs (not on your belly), basically level 3+ and whatever your having.

I'm curious to know, if restaurants, Hotels allowed to fully open, are they hoping the staff they let go are expected to close their PUP payment, work for 4 weeks to be told on the 1st January, good luck, you need to sign on for JSA (PUP ends 31st December).

Are these ever so concerned hospitality lobby groups seriously expecting droves of disgracefully treated staff to drop everything to help them out for 4 weeks? I suspect they might be in for a rude awakening.

I thought I read the pup had been extended to April 2021. Well I’m booked into a hotel next month and under level 3 you can drink and eat inside once you are a resident, so looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He’s changed his tune on the number of cases now it’s like he wants it 200 odd a day to let restaurants open, the uk are so lucky they don’t have to listen to this constant sh*t everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

He’s concerned that the Irish population’s ‘concern’ level is dropping. Which may lead to us dropping our guard. Live on Rte news now saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Lads no one wants restrictions to be lifted more than me, but how can anyone realistically think that this government is suddenly going to develop a backbone and actually make a brave decision. Its been 9 months of total confusion, incompetence, in fact near chaos at times. What gives ye the impression that this is going to magically change this week? They will come up with some convulted nonsense which means retail will reopen, Wet pubs wont and back to the outdoor dining for the rest. The same sort of nonsensical gibberish that has happened since the beginning unfortunately

They say we've passed 2,000 deaths but weren't 800 or so of these deaths falsely reported?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Tony just now sating he is worried that people are getting ahead of themselves.
    According to his surveys people aren't worried enough and that concerns him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

fin12 wrote: »
    I thought I read the pup had been extended to April 2021. Well I’m booked into a hotel next month and under level 3 you can drink and eat inside once you are a resident, so looking forward to that.

Me too for New Years, just hope we can leave our own counties.

jackboy wrote: »
    Things will be opened up for December. The numbers are too low to convince people that lockdown is needed. Still could end in disaster though come January.

What “disaster”? Open up the country and get a fcukin grip. If uncomfortable continue your own lockdown

He’s concerned that the Irish population’s ‘concern’ level is dropping. Which may lead to us dropping our guard. Live on Rte news now saying that.

In other words “I need to regain control” of you idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Tony just now sating he is worried that people are getting ahead of themselves.
    According to his surveys people aren't worried enough and that concerns him :p

Tony H and his merry men are the reason I no longer watch news programmes. I should thank him really, life is much better without speculative "news" all day long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement