Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Please feel free to hide under your bed throughout the Christmas. I'm sure nobody will stop you.

The rest of us can get on with meeting up with friends and family.

Christ if only these people would kindly do the world a favour and do that. Would be bliss without listening to these assorted Karen’s on a daily basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

He's just doing it to cover his arse. If it gets brought up again at a conference he can say he wrote a letter to the government expressing his concern. And Tony's very good at expressing concern.

We could all write letters to government expressing our concerns about problems in our jobs.

Then when we get brought up for review because we have messed up we can just tell our employers it's ok because we wrote a letter to government.

He's just doing it to cover his arse. If it gets brought up again at a conference he can say he wrote a letter to the government expressing his concern. And Tony's very good at expressing concern.

Tonys core skill as we can see is in fact arse covering- like all public servant Autocrats this is his Raison detre- because it sure as hell is t public health advice or anything closely resembling it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Christ if only these people would kindly do the world a favour and do that. Would be bliss without listening to these assorted Karen’s on a daily basis

Mod:

Can we not go there with the name calling again please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

It’s very clear what is happening. A huge amount of asymptomatic cases over the summer while restrictions were at their lightest. The more we progress into Autumn and Winter, the more the virus spreads. It’s a seasonal virus, comes possibly once or twice a year in different variants.
    Will the vaccine work against all different strains? Nobody knows. Hospital numbers in the Republic are way down so that is a good base to start with.

I knew NPHET would come screaming out of the blocks today with Germany, Italy, the U.K. and Northern Ireland to back them up. What they neglect to mention is, we went into lockdown first this Autumn and were last to leave it this Summer.

The Government should do no more than Level 3 plus if they’re going to act after Christmas. Do not close the gyms and non essential retail again or they won’t reopen at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I don’t give two happenny ****es what the “symptoms” are.

Go you.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Look at the spike in August compared to the low levels in June July - can you put together the puzzle pieces of what might have been closed during that time that would result in such low figures? And why they rose after a certain date again? Hint: It wasn’t due to pubs

Schools don't open until the very end of August/start of September. Your puzzle seems to be missing some pieces.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Penfailed wrote: »
    Ýou still continue, after a threadban, to attack the poster and not the post. Are you trying to intimidate people into not posting? It's not working by the way.
    So your offended on another posters behalf?

While trying to moderate?

Quit it both of you or I'll get my mod hat out again. If you have a problem with a post report it.

Go you.

Yes I will thank you - I’ll live my life. I won’t be going around like a dithering hypochondriac worried about some virus. Who knows I may have even got it already. And who even cares- I sure as hell don’t

It’s very clear what is happening. A huge amount of asymptomatic cases over the summer while restrictions were at their lightest. The more we progress into Autumn and Winter, the more the virus spreads. It’s a seasonal virus, comes possibly once or twice a year in different variants.
    Will the vaccine work against all different strains? Nobody knows. Hospital numbers in the Republic are way down so that is a good base to start with.

I knew NPHET would could screaming out of the blocks today with Germany, Italy, the U.K. and Northern Ireland to back them up. What they neglect to mention is, we went into lockdown first this Autumn and were last to leave it this Summer.

The Government should do no more than Level 3 plus if they’re going to act after Christmas. Do not close the gyms and non essential retail again or they won’t reopen at all.

I cringed hearing the restrictions in Europe- like you I knew Nphet would take it out of context and do the same here- just a matter of weeks now until it happens. They’re utterly incapable of any calm focused thought- as we have established, classic arse coverers

• Advertisement

He was. He was comparing someone questioning how severe covid is with someone being racist.

That's your take on it. It's the wrong take...but you're entitled to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dragging it out is not going to help with people's mental health especially those in the jobs which have recently been permitted too open (myself included)

Social Welfare will be holidays so how will the covid payments be processed

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dragging it out is not going to help with people's mental health especially those in the jobs which have recently been permitted too open (myself included)

We're only on holiday for 25th, 28th and 1st, annual leave for staff not withstanding.

The actual issue is getting payment out as the banks close for longer periods, hence the double payments en route next week.

So your offended on another posters behalf?

While trying to moderate?

Nope. I'm fed up with G'n'L constantly telling people that they are posting rubbish without some kind of counter argument. Offended? No. Trying to moderate? No. Fair play to you for sticking up for your posting tag team buddy though.

EDIT - Oppps! I've just seen Necro's post. Understood.

For the last few weeks we've been fed top of the pops nonsense that Ireland are this weeks number 3 in the European charts, then number 2 and then finally number one in Europe and yet still are maybe? does anyone know?
    Maybe a week later despite our pyrrhic and hard fought victory and what's the reward????oohhhh BUT Germany, But Holland....BUT BUT What if we lose our virginal low numbers!! The next week is critical..I am starting to believe the weirdos now things have got so bad..cut people at the knees no matter the effort and they'll beg and line up for a vaccine..for new penal laws forever..etc..incremental changes are the death of a thousand cuts.
    The least to lose lock downers are swimming against the tide til they end up on PUP, or a family member comes on hard times. We have a freind who tried to commit suicide this week because they could not get access to mental health services or respite for the special needs kids..it;s a ****ing joke now that's getting outa hand.

This lay of the land from a lad who told us the banks did not got bailed out!! only to have the real ventriloquist step in and leak the obvious, "oh yea they were"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Boggles wrote: »
    Nope, that was Leo.

I mean you couldn't be more wrong.

Nope. I'm fed up with G'n'L constantly telling people that they are posting rubbish without some kind of counter argument. Offended? No. Trying to moderate? No. Fair play to you for sticking up for your posting tag team buddy though.

That’s the nature of a free debate- people have different opinions to you and that’s fine. If you don’t like it you know where the X button is. Having a big strop about it seems a little childish to me

rusty cole wrote: »
    For the last few weeks we've been fed top of the pops nonsense that Ireland are this weeks number 3 in the European charts, then number 2 and then finally number one in Europe and yet still are maybe? does anyone know?
    Maybe a week later despite our pyrrhic and hard fought victory and what's the reward????oohhhh BUT Germany, But Holland....BUT BUT What if we lose our virginal low numbers!! The next week is critical..I am starting to believe the weirdos now things have got so bad..cut people at the knees no matter the effort and they'll beg and line up for a vaccine..for new penal laws forever..etc..incremental changes are the death of a thousand cuts.
    The least to lose lock downers are swimming against the tide til they end up on PUP, or a family member comes on hard times. We have a freind who tried to commit suicide this week because they could not get access to mental health services or respite for the special needs kids..it;s a ****ing joke now that's getting outa hand.

This lay of the land from a lad who told us the banks did not got bailed out!! only to have the real ventriloquist step in and leak the obvious, "oh yea they were"

Yep. Still #1 for 7-day and 14-day averages.

Meanwhile, in the north, they're entering a six week lockdown from Boxing Day.

Necro wrote: »
    We're only on holiday for 25th, 28th and 1st, annual leave for staff not withstanding.

The actual issue is getting payment out as the banks close for longer periods, hence the double payments en route next week.

I think what the poster means is if Tony strikes his Covid pen and there’s a sudden lockdown and people need to immediately access welfare payments, that they will not be left high and dry. It’s an extremely serious situation to be in. My heart goes out to these people treated like trash by the Nphet junta and their playthings in “government”.

That’s the nature of a free debate- people have different opinions to you and that’s fine. If you don’t like it you know where the X button is. Having a big strop about it seems a little childish to me

There's free debate and having a different opinion....and then there's telling someone they're posting rubbish without telling them 'why' it's rubbish. It's not a strop to expect a fair debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,081 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

There's free debate and having a different opinion....and then there's telling someone they're posting rubbish without telling them 'why' it's rubbish. It's not a strop to expect a fair debate.

Some just want an echo chamber however. Otherwise its "go hide under your bed" in the form of a response :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Allinall wrote: »
    So the people moving from hospitals to homes......

Where did they pick up the virus?

in the hospitals
    there is previous after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Dr Martin Feeley questioning the viability of giving young kids the vaccine

Reckons the vaccine will pose more threat for them than Covid

He’s going to disappear mysteriously some day I reckon, he’s not playing ball

The Covid lynch mobs have already had him removed from his position- the MSM don't have him on. Instead We are treated to regular doses of doom from nobodies like Aoife McLysaght and Ryan in academia instead.
    Dr Feeley simply does not fit the accepted narrative but fair play to him- he’s unwavering despite the obvious attempts to rubbish and sneer at him. He would have had more to gain if he’d went with the accepted gale- but he didn’t sell out as he knows what is right. That’s what I call integrity and having a spine

PTH2009 wrote: »

Another petty worry Tony and co will never have to concern themselves with.

Would you take health advice off the figure in that picture? I sure as hell would not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Lock em down boys.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Rte news just now:

Presenter: George it's not looking good.

George Lee: *almost spontaneously combusts in orgasmic glee in his seat*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement