Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

Boggles wrote: »
    Oh right, so its "your" government too essentially.

Does someone do your shopping for you?

Are you looking for a job?

I'll outdo the government and pay you €351pw to do my shopping. Twice a week. Few coffee runs as well.

Genuine offer if you're near Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Until it happens. Enjoy your xmas anyhow. Keep safe

Well i could be wiped out in a car crash tomorrow- living life with all its risks never worried me greatly, thank god.
    And unless you meet absolutely no one ever again so too you could also pass on “the killer virus” despite how cautious you preport to be- so I wouldn’t be too smug or morally superior if I were you. Viruses don’t really differentiate between the virtuous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,528 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'll outdo the government and pay you €351pw to do my shopping. Twice a week. Few coffee runs as well.

Sure, just pop on a simple face covering and do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Dont take Boggles away from this thread...

who ll be posting

"Link?"

":confused:"

in his absence?

Dont take Boggles away from this thread...

He won't do it. I've outbid the government for his services, but he has rejected my offer. Capitalism has failed.

• Advertisement

Until it happens. Enjoy your xmas anyhow. Keep safe

Even if i did give it to a family member and they died in a car crash as proposed by the modeling i should be ashamed as they will have died from covid....whatever..you should promote tyson fury with that hyped nature of yours...youll be sorry says the broken clock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Would much prefer an evidence based narrative than the crank based narrative espoused here
    ‘The virus loves alcohol, and we have a challenge with alcohol in this country’ – CMO on new recommended restrictions

From December 28 Nphet has reccomended that all restaurants and gastropubs close

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-virus-loves-alcohol-and-we-have-a-challenge-with-alcohol-in-this-country-cmo-on-new-recommended-restrictions-39877434.html

What a lying rat. Well known that most cases are in schools, have been and will be. This is just beyond ridiculous now, this is the sort of biased shi*e that you'd see in communist countries. CMO has an agenda against alcohol, comes out chats shi* and makes the headlines.

Bloody pubs have been closed for 10 months this year and this moron keeps pushing his non alcohol agenda. What a complete shambles of a country we got here... funny thing is if he was on PUP you'd be surprised the change in tone, but thats wishful thinking. Apparently Tony is the person of the year. :rolleyes:

PS if you have Tony H tattoo or something just read below and open your eyes

"He said: “Nobody is being picked on, we have made our recommendations based on the living with Covid plan, setting out the measures that we believe now need to be taken, the government has to make those decisions."

Pubs that serve alcohol only say hi.

he disputes his own HSE numbers then (as I linked earlier)

So he is either lying or allows the HSE to issue crap stats (he is the dept of health main man)
    take your pick but the result is the same -

Either way he is unfit for duty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

What the hell?? I just checked daily numbers from yesterday

'We are concerned we're now in a phase of rapid growth': 3 deaths and 484 new cases of Covid-19 confirmed

https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-latest-figures-ireland-26-5303826-Dec2020/

How are these minuscule numbers still being reported? Let alone drive lockdown policy.

Below is good breakdown of what is actually taking place (breakdown could be from 1 day earlier), not that I expect people here to be less hysterical over "deadly" covid

"I saw people here the other night having seizures about numbers/positive cases.
    The break down of cases in the 3 biggest cities were.
    Dublin 87(1.5 million)
    Limerick 25(200,000)
    Cork 7 cases(500,000).
    Over 2 million people, 119 cases.
    The rest of country around 200."

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

'We are concerned we're now in a phase of rapid growth': 3 deaths and 484 new cases of Covid-19 confirmed

https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-latest-figures-ireland-26-5303826-Dec2020/

How are these minuscule numbers still being reported? Let alone drive lockdown policy.

Below is good breakdown of what is actually taking place (breakdown could be from 1 day earlier), not that I expect people here to be less hysterical over "deadly" covid

"I saw people here the other night having seizures about numbers/positive cases.
    Dublin 87(1.5 million)
    Limerick 25(200,000)
    Cork 7 cases(500,000).

Absolutely complete and total overreaction to very small numbers with regards to the population of 4.8 million.

Mid 30s in icu.

This is what happens with 9 months of fear mongering through the media.

Joe public now thinks that 400 cases within a population of 4.8 million is a serious problem when its in reality a drop in the ocean.

Living with Covid me hole.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Do you have money to burn or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Dublin 87(1.5 million)
    Limerick 25(200,000)
    Cork 7 cases(500,000).

We’re a year into this and you still don’t get it. 484 yesterday, 4 weeks from now if there aren’t more restrictions brought in they’ll be announcing over 1000 cases a day. Bookmark this post and see if I’m wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭acequion

I am sure your view would change if you gave the virus to a love one and they died because of you being careless!!!

Ah look that mentality doesn't hold true. I've lost a loved one to a road death and another to lung cancer. It hasn't put me on a vendetta against all smokers or irresponsible drivers. Because there would be no point.

People need to accept that you just can't control human nature. Obviously we need rules and laws for civil life to operate without anarchy. But the kind of rules we're seeing right now are verging on the extreme and are definitely unsustainable.

So I, for one, would not change my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Living with Covid me hole.....
    Oh, no, it is more like a push to living with restrictions rather than living with Cov.

More lies have been told about the Cov. than have ever been told about anything ever before. These haven’t been small mistakes. They’ve been huge, huge lies. Everything the Governments and media have said and predicted has been wrong. No one could be as stupid as our politicians and their advisors appear to be. Why most doctors, nurses, journalists still believe this nonsense is a mystery. Anyone in those professions who doesn’t realise that this is a scam shouldn’t be employed.

Temporary measures (as introduced by governments) are never temporary; they become permanent and so in our case the lockdowns, the social distancing, the masks and the hand sanitisers will remain to remind us that we are in danger and should therefore be fearful. The hypoxia caused by the masks will, of course, make people ever more stupid and accepting thereby conditioning them and preparing them to accept future tyrannies.

It is accepted among doctors that lockdowns are damaging in every conceivable way. The countries which have avoided lockdowns have done better than those which have employed them. Even the World Health Organisation has opposed lockdowns. And there was never any scientific justification for introducing another national lockdown. But here we are in December with little or no hope of our Government being able to handle this in the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’m guessing that’s a poor attempt at trolling?

‘The virus loves alcohol, and we have a challenge with alcohol in this country’ – CMO on new recommended restrictions

From December 28 Nphet has reccomended that all restaurants and gastropubs close

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-virus-loves-alcohol-and-we-have-a-challenge-with-alcohol-in-this-country-cmo-on-new-recommended-restrictions-39877434.html

What a lying rat. Well known that most cases are in schools, have been and will be. This is just beyond ridiculous now, this is the sort of biased shi*e that you'd see in communist countries. CMO has an agenda against alcohol, comes out chats shi* and makes the headlines.

Bloody pubs have been closed for 10 months this year and this moron keeps pushing his non alcohol agenda. What a complete shambles of a country we got here... funny thing is if he was on PUP you'd be surprised the change in tone, but thats wishful thinking. Apparently Tony is the person of the year. :rolleyes:

PS if you have Tony H tattoo or something just read below and open your eyes

"He said: “Nobody is being picked on, we have made our recommendations based on the living with Covid plan, setting out the measures that we believe now need to be taken, the government has to make those decisions."

Pubs that serve alcohol only say hi.
    paw patrol wrote: »
    he disputes his own HSE numbers then (as I linked earlier)

So he is either lying or allows the HSE to issue crap stats (he is the dept of health main man)
    take your pick but the result is the same -

Either way he is unfit for duty

yeah - that despicable drivel really backs up your point. As I said, Cranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Us being an island will be left behind when the vaccine rollout comes.Mainland Europe will get priority vaccine rollout.

We’re going to end up getting the odd 5/10000 shipments which our Taoiseach and hse executive has already mentioned in the rollout plan.

We’ve to rely on our HSE top brass geniuses and some rollout task force to oversee this widespread vaccine rollout.

I wouldn’t trust this government or the HSE top brass to rollout pastry let alone the vaccine

History of the efficiency of the HSE and the government would have to question how many problems will occur with distribution of the vaccine

Another long year of over cautious restrictions ahead for all ...

Quote of the week
    Take a bow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

billyhead wrote: »
    I've a Christmas gift of 2 nights in a Hotel for my Mum and Dad for early in the new year. The hotel is located in their own county. Do you think hotels will close aswell?

Possibly. They're closing them in the north from the 28th of December.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Bloody pubs have been closed for 10 months this year and this moron keeps pushing his non alcohol agenda. What a complete shambles of a country we got here...

They haven't. Why continue to exaggerate the circumstances?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Clubs in the championship already failing to pay players wages.
    It reveals that the average wage for the best-paid players at Championship clubs is a staggering £29,000 a week - with the league's highest-earner pocketing £68,000 every seven days

Have you started a gofundme page?

Seweryn wrote: »
    Oh, no, it is more like a push to living with restrictions rather than living with Cov.

More lies have been told about the Cov. than have ever been told about anything ever before. These haven’t been small mistakes. They’ve been huge, huge lies. Everything the Governments and media have said and predicted has been wrong. No one could be as stupid as our politicians and their advisors appear to be. Why most doctors, nurses, journalists still believe this nonsense is a mystery. Anyone in those professions who doesn’t realise that this is a scam shouldn’t be employed.

Temporary measures (as introduced by governments) are never temporary; they become permanent and so in our case the lockdowns, the social distancing, the masks and the hand sanitisers will remain to remind us that we are in danger and should therefore be fearful. The hypoxia caused by the masks will, of course, make people ever more stupid and accepting thereby conditioning them and preparing them to accept future tyrannies.

It is accepted among doctors that lockdowns are damaging in every conceivable way. The countries which have avoided lockdowns have done better than those which have employed them. Even the World Health Organisation has opposed lockdowns. And there was never any scientific justification for introducing another national lockdown. But here we are in December with little or no hope of our Government being able to handle this in the foreseeable future.

There's too much in here to dissect but it's verging on a post that would fit right in to the CT forum...

• Advertisement

Seweryn wrote: »

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Penfailed wrote: »
    Possibly. They're closing them in the north from the 28th of December.

We will be the same so. Tony and co don’t have to be asked twice. Any excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

SusieBlue wrote: »
    My brother has been working 70+ hours a week in the hospitality industry for the last fortnight, he hasn’t seen his family, his girlfriend, or met up with any of his friends since the lockdown has been lifted. He will be working Christmas Eve too.
    He is delighted to be back working so there’s no complaints on that end.
    While everyone else has been catching up with loved ones, he’s working all the hours he can because he knew he’d be out of a job again come January 6th and needs the money.
    Now it looks like it’ll be happening even sooner than first thought.

I don’t quite know how to sum this into words, but it doesn’t sit right with me that the government are ‘using’ these employees and industries as they please and then discarding them again at a moments notice.
    They knew there would be public revolt if restrictions weren’t eased for Christmas so the government expects the employees in these industries to forego seeing and spending time with their own families and forego enjoying the new found freedom over the festive period for the sake of 3 weeks of work, only to take their jobs away again at the drop of the hat once they have fulfilled their purpose.
    Oh and they’re supposed to be grateful for the pleasure of it, too. They are being taken advantage of in every sense by those in charge around here.

It’s actually a disgusting way to treat people when you think about it, particularly when you consider that a lot of these are low income workers.
    Use and abuse and then pay lip service about how ‘we’re all in this together’ when we’re putting them back on the PUP for the umpteenth time this year.
    Another great post Susieblue and very telling that none of the lockdown everything forever brigade could bring themselves to thank it.

Another great post Susieblue and very telling that none of the lockdown everything forever brigade could bring themselves to thank it.

The reason being - there is no lockdown everything forever brigade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Dublin 87(1.5 million)
    Limerick 25(200,000)
    Cork 7 cases(500,000).

Your missing all the Wexford Cases there.

acequion wrote: »
    Ah look that mentality doesn't hold true. I've lost a loved one to a road death and another to lung cancer. It hasn't put me on a vendetta against all smokers or irresponsible drivers. Because there would be no point.

People need to accept that you just can't control human nature. Obviously we need rules and laws for civil life to operate without anarchy. But the kind of rules we're seeing right now are verging on the extreme and are definitely unsustainable.

So I, for one, would not change my view.

But if you were the driver of the car?

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Well i could be wiped out in a car crash tomorrow- living life with all its risks never worried me greatly, thank god.
    And unless you meet absolutely no one ever again so too you could also pass on “the killer virus” despite how cautious you preport to be- so I wouldn’t be too smug or morally superior if I were you. Viruses don’t really differentiate between the virtuous

I wasn't being smug, I actually meant enjoy your xmas.

Maybe it wasn't worthy of a "thanks".

Hospitality worker, putting in long hours at Christmas shocker.

It's the same every year, including retail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,718 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lockdown 3 will be less successful than lockdown 2.

People have had enough.

If places are closed, there's less social interactions. This will lead to lower infections. This is clear and obvious.

Doesn't matter if some people have had enough. Infections will still fall. That's the aim I guess..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Boggles wrote: »
    Maybe it wasn't worthy of a "thanks".

Hospitality worker, putting in long hours at Christmas shocker.

It's the same every year, including retail.

you sound so snobby with that post and im sure ill be carded again, but it must be nice to be secure in your job and sit at home doing feck all while judging others

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement