Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    St Tony thinks we need measures and vaccines . Wonder why?

So his temperance league V2.0 movement can get off the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So his temperance league V2.0 movement can get off the ground

This is actually gonna start after normality resumes, isn't it?

He's hardly gonna just meekly go back to being a no mark again, is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Zebra3 wrote: »

Exactly you can see the resistance building in him- didn’t want to hear about vaccines.
    Disagree, he’s still a no mark- just one that happened to have an easy soapbox gifted to him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Zebra3 wrote: »

I do find it hard to believe he's just going to give up his little power trip any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Exactly you can see the resistance building in him- didn’t want to hear about vaccines.
    Disagree, he’s still a no mark- just one that happened to have an easy soapbox gifted to him

No marks don't have an army of window lickers hanging on their every word!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cork2021 wrote: »
    This is just a chart too far at this stage. Christmas is supposed to be fun, about family, eating everything in front of you and being happy and he lands this on the public!! He’s had his time!!

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1330943002102149128?s=21Hi

When I first saw this post I had to do a double take on the sender. I thought it was something from Waterford Whispers or some other satirical account.

But no, it's an official HSE report on their official account telling us that we're not scared enough and need to do more!

I hope all those advocating for and justifying restrictions realise two things from this graph :

1. You owe everyone who said the HSE was actively spreading fear and you laughed at/attacked/belittled an apology

2. You see for yourself the damage that has been done to your own mental health and that of others with a similar mindset as a result of this

We have now officially crossed from single-minded overzealous responses, to the point of an admission of actively trying to scare the population into compliance.

Save this chart folks, for it will undoubtedly feature in the inevitable tribunal and inquiry when this is finally all over

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

Lundstram wrote: »
    252 cases, zero deaths today. Locking 5.2 million people up for these miniscule numbers is nothing short of inhumane. Even Dr. Doom will struggle put a negative on today's numbers.

Open the fcuking country and let people enjoy Decemeber!

Big fan of your posts Lundstram but you shouldn't even offer them concessions or mitigate your speech.

it should read "open the ****ing country".

Full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

31 patients in Loughlinstown hospital tested positive and 58 nurses unavailable for work due to either positive tests or having to isolate. But,yeah it’s people drinking on the streets. Useless cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

31 patients in Loughlinstown hospital tested positive and 58 nurses unavailable for work due to either positive tests or having to isolate. But,yeah it’s people drinking on the streets. Useless cretins.

It’s a stick to beat us with. It’s the publics fault for that hospitals negligence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    When I first saw this post I had to do a double take on the sender. I thought it was something from Waterford Whispers or some other satirical account.

But no, it's an official HSE report on their official account telling us that we're not scared enough and need to do more!

I hope all those advocating for and justifying restrictions realise two things from this graph :

1. You owe everyone who said the HSE was actively spreading fear and you laughed at/attacked/belittled an apology

2. You see for yourself the damage that has been done to your own mental health and that of others with a similar mindset as a result of this

We have now officially crossed from single-minded overzealous responses, to the point of an admission of actively trying to scare the population into compliance.

Save this chart folks, for it will undoubtedly feature in the inevitable tribunal and inquiry when this is finally all over

I didn’t watch the news and saw the “worry index” comments on here and presumed it was a few posters taking the p*ss out of Lord Tony... then hopped onto Twitter and good god it was true.... I was genuinely shocked and like you thought it was WWN for a second... I feel we’ve reached a new low and that chart may hang around NPHET/DOH’s necks for a long long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It should also be noted that Dr Glynn was asked how many of the 88 deaths this month were from nursing homes.

Conveniently he didn't have those figure to hand.

It should also be noted that Dr Glynn was asked how many of the 88 deaths this month were from nursing homes.

Conveniently he didn't have those figure to hand.

Bet if it was attributable to street drinkers he’d have the figures verbatim though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

hmmm wrote: »
    And in return what - you get to visit a pub a month earlier?

You think we just need level 5 for one more month and then things open again?

Was the concern’o meter you posted a few days ago a skit?

Hard to know what’s real anymore

Is this what your looking for? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I thought a zero covid approach should have been given serious consideration a few months ago. Knowing now that Ireland will have access to enough vaccines for the adult population in the next 6-9 months, surely its most prominent (and to be fair, thoughtful and serious) proponents must now recognise that the country is facing a once in a lifetime logistical challenge and opportunity to achieve herd immunity, and it simply isn't feasible or worthwhile to undertake a zero covid strategy immediately in advance of this?

Was the concern’o meter you posted a few days ago a skit?

Hard to know what’s real anymore

Is this what your looking for? Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Watched Sky News at 8 - Oxford vaccine ready to go, explains that it’s 90% effective.

Watching RTE News - ****ing Holohan pissing on everyone’s chips and downplaying it.

Man has to go. ****ing grief junkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Watched Sky News at 8 - Oxford vaccine ready to go, explains that it’s 90% effective.

Watching RTE News - ****ing Holohan pissing on everyone’s chips and downplaying it.

Man has to go. ****ing grief junkie.

Yep, total ****ing misery vampire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

The obsession with 'cases' needs to stop. Someone who is healthy is not a 'case' regardless what some test says. We need to stop testing with a shotgun spray strategy. Either test representatively where you actually gain some information or test sick people and their contacts. The rest of it is nonsense.
    The mask nonsense needs to stop. Healthy people do not spread the virus. Sick people should stay at home. End of.
    If we must leave large gatherings alone until the vaccines get rolled out but other than that restrictions need to stop.

but you could have it and not get sick for 14 days etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Didn’t realise there were ACTUAL Covid cults in existence- but there ya go!

They treat Global Warming [or is it Climate Change this week] like a religion so this shouldn't be that surprising.

• Advertisement

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    They treat Global Warming [or is it Climate Change this week] like a religion so this shouldn't be that surprising.

Yes same lot following this for sure

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Closed for review

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Firstly, RobitTV - don't post in this thread again, all of your posts have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Secondly, this thread is veering wildly off topic into nonsensical channels. It is fine to discuss and criticise public figures in the context of Restrictions but these threads are NOT for throwing whatever random article or tweet you find at them. It's not the point of this thread.

Keep it civil, stay on topic. Two very simple directions. Threadbans will be enforced on anyone straying off this path going forward.

If you want to discuss other items not related to Covid then start a thread elsewhere on them.

Reopening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

Why was the last post removed? I went to thank it and it disappeared before my eyes!

acequion wrote: »
    Why was the last post removed? I went to thank it and it disappeared before my eyes!

Me too! I felt it was a fair and polite post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

it feels like some are in the equivalent of heroin withdrawal for pubs. it's just really hitting them now. sad to see the grip they have on some people's lives.

Mod:

Moderation is not up for discussion on thread. My PM inbox is open for any further discussion

froog wrote: »
    it feels like some are in the equivalent of heroin withdrawal for pubs. it's just really hitting them now. sad to see the grip they have on some people's lives.

Rubbish. They’ve been closed for 10 months- apart from the jobs and obvious puritanical control- definitely no grip on people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Tracking fear and anxiety levels. I've heard it all now.

Open the fkin country and stop being a nation of absolute imbeciles.

More premier league players testing positive for covid and experiencing the most common symptom - feeling absolutely fine.

2020 is truly the year of idiots. "ohh look the cases are coming down the lockdown is working!" clearly forgetting that we do nearly 50% less tests now per 7 days than we did back in start of Oct. Beyond belief :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement