Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Because he is only supposed to be an advisor to government but is using his platform to undermine and contradict governemnt.

So you are saying he is an advisor but he should parrot the government line?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

So you are saying he is an advisor but he should parrot the government line?

I bet he won’t be treated in the same way as Dr Martin Feeley when he didn’t parrot the government line!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

If you read my post, and the preceding posts related to it, you’d be aware the timeframe we were discussing was since hospitality opened two weeks ago, not since last Sept!

However, I’d be surprised if there were no cases from pubs in the last two weeks. But it’s clearly not a significant amount! NPHET would be quick to remind us if it was eh!!

Wexford was last Thursday. 58 so far from that incident, one death and three in a bad way. Spreading like wildfire down there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Wexford was last Thursday. 58 so far from that incident, one death and three in a bad way. Spreading like wildfire down there

Wexford case!

From the pub? The church? Or the House? Or the fact people came from the us and the uk without isolating?

The idea that it’s solely the fault of the pub is neither accurate or being proven.

Not excusing the pub or anything imho they should have their licence revoked, period, no excuses or anything but there are multiple factors, multiple facets of blame, just blaming the pub excuses all the rest of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Funerals causing funerals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,240 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

acequion wrote: »
    Because that's how people are. That's human nature. Give a thirsty man a drink and he'll gulp it down. Give food to the starving and they'll devour it.

I'm uncomfortable with your, "Why do we have to accept" bit? What do you propose? Arrest people for their enthusiasm at being given back some freedom??

So going to the pub is equivalent to hunger and thirst?

You people wouldn't have fared very well during the blitz!

No you don't have to arrest them, you just don't t relax restrictions until there is no longer an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,240 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Social interactions happen when we have restrictions on businesses imposed. Closing everything while everyone is still off work over Christmas means people are going to be doing house parties instead of going out to restaurants.

I don't like an unelected group making decisions to shut down the economy and society despite

So we should just accept that some people are gob****es and do nothing?

No unelected people are making decisions, they advise and the government makes decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

Good timing to impose British travel bans to coincide with the ****show Brexit will cause in the next 2 weeks.

Covid, not just a useful shield for the health service to hide its weaknesses but also useful to hide the Brexit border issues that will emerge shortly. And a more easily spread but no more harmful strain? Another lovely cherry to put on top of the Brexit deflection cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

GreeBo wrote: »
    So we should just accept that some people are gob****es and do nothing?

No unelected people are making decisions, they advise and the government makes decisions.

You are deluded. They are not happy with their role as advisors. If you can't accept that, I'm afraid you are a cov-hysteric Doomer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

1 in every 6500 citizens in Ireland tested positive for the cold today.

Some of them might even be sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Does anybody know if I have bought a dog in another county and when the dog gets to ten weeks are my allowed pick up the dog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Tony is all our daddies now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

What's your point?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Lock everything down quickly IMO

Look at these crazy scenes from temple bar, needs to be stopped immediately :pac:

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You are deluded. They are not happy with their role as advisors. If you can't accept that, I'm afraid you are a cov-hysteric Doomer.

Mod:

Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Looks like the lockdown fascists are out in force again this evening. NPHET seem determined to wage an economic war on the country while they line their pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,854 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I see high numbers again, Made up too 'scare us' going into Christmas ??? Not beyond possibility

Approve the bloody vaccine and start getting it out there. ThiS in and out of lockdown is too much

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I see high numbers again, Made up too 'scare us' going into Christmas ??? Not beyond possibility

Approve the bloody vaccine and start getting it out there. ThiS in and out of lockdown is too much

Grow up. It's an absolute disgrace that we gone this bad already. Restaurants are now closing in fear for their staff.

Well done Ireland were asked to reduce our social contacts so we could have an xmas, well you blown that. Lockdown now please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,854 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Grow up. It's an absolute disgrace that we gone this bad already. Restaurants are now closing in fear for their staff.

Well done Ireland were asked to reduce our social contacts so we could have an xmas, well you blown that. Lockdown now please

We were doing well but still massive negatively was coming from the media by the likes of St Tony/NPHET/Leo and people just got sick of it and said **** it no more It was always going to happen

We need the vaccines approved and we all knw they can do things fast, but nah 'Lockdown instead, while we kick the can down the road on the vaccine'

It’s a highly transmissible virus that’s no where near as dangerous as first thought.

People are going to meet for the first time in nearly a year because they will be suppressed for the next year.

The hospitals are as busy as they usually are in Winter.

Less of the self blame

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We were doing well but still massive negatively was coming from the media by the likes of St Tony/NPHET/Leo and people just got sick of it and said **** it no more It was always going to happen

We need the vaccines approved and we all knw they can do things fast, but nah 'Lockdown instead, while we kick the can down the road on the vaccine'

Vaccine will role out in Jan. But it will take time.
    Doesn't mean we can take the piss now and ruin everything we did.

People what restaurants open, we got them open and we blew it massively.

It’s a highly transmissible virus that’s no where near as dangerous as first thought.

People are going to meet for the first time in nearly a year because they will be suppressed for the next year.

The hospitals are as busy as they usually are in Winter.

Less of the self blame

Self blame because we caused it. We had the numbers down. We were allowed to meet up in safe environments but we blew it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Self blame because we caused it. We had the numbers down. We were allowed to meet up in safe environments but we blew it.

“Allowed”....pathetic defeatist language to be using. Do you forget what life was like only 9 months ago?

We have blown nothing.

We are a tiny nation that’s sparsely populated with a young age profile.

Biggest city isn’t remotely comparable to London or other EU capitals.

A few extra cases isn’t going to cause the apocalypse here.

The fear mongering about the new variation of which there are 4000 is utterly criminal. Vulnerable people don’t need to be bombarded with that irrelevant data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

If that’s the case I certainly hope everyone is well and recovers fully! However I suggest you let HSPC know as their data suggests different! Do you have a link to the matter your speaking of? I’m presuming it was 10/12 it happened correct, so HSPC missed it?

“Allowed”....pathetic defeatist language to be using. Do you forget what life was like only 9 months ago?

And we will have it again

If that’s the case I certainly hope everyone is well and recovers fully! However I suggest you let HSPC know as their data suggests different! Do you have a link to the matter your speaking of? I’m presuming it was 10/12 it happened correct, so HSPC missed it?

It was in the numbers, 44 one day, 58 another, 30 something today.

The person that died was the son of thr deceased. 60 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

So every covid case has been traced back to resturants and they the cause of increased cases?? Alot more other places spreading it than the easy targets...

Lockdown is not wanted nor needed, we’ve tried it for months and it’s achieving very little outside of social and economic chaos.

Let people have their Christmas fun after months of oppression.

Things will level off and die down in the new year.

And for the love of god, start jabbing people!!!

• Advertisement

afro man wrote: »
    So every covid case has been traced back to resturants and they the cause of increased cases?? Alot more other places spreading it than the easy targets...

Never said that. Not sure where they are all coming from, but numbers were low in level 5 and high in level 3. What's the difference between both levels?

I believe people have increased their social circle when asked not to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement