Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,528 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So why does Tony not keep them open and avoid the flack?? I'd have no problem eating out at any time, no matter what the numbers were.

It's not up to Tony or NPHET.

The government calls the shots.

But the restrictions are also for people like you who won't adhere to public advice, guidance or the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Read the news will you. Funeral went to a pub afterwards. Party in marquee for 3 days.
    The priest has it and did two other funerals. Funeral director has it also.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1185489/

Also look up local media in the south east. Also look at Twitter.

War down there over it.

This is the only mention of the funeral, none of what you've said above.

Meanwhile, gardaí are investigating alleged breaches that occurred at a funeral in Ramsgrange, Co Wexford, on 4 December.

The HSE have appealed to everyone present at the funeral to contact their local GP in order to reduce the spread of Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Boggles wrote: »
    So you are going deep with pandemic denial and full on conspiracy theories?

Fair enough, I think their is a separate forum for that craic.

But as you were.

Your very quick with your boring labelling. Very creative of you.
    Im saying this MUTATION is unproven.
    The mutation is hilariously based on “modelling” (the same modelling from king conspiracy hat man Neil Ferguson haha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Necro wrote: »
    manniot2 wrote: »
    He’s a god to them. I knew I was a goner as I typed, was worth it :-)

Mod:

You're a 'gonner' from this thread as well, seeing as the yellow didn't work regarding discussing mod actions.

Do not post in this thread again

You are still thread banned.

Week off

manniot2 wrote: »
    Despite being two empty tables away a woman told me and my 2 kids under three that we were “too close” today in a cafe. Really really sad what has happened people. Poor kids going to grow up in a strange world.

dalyboy wrote: »
    Your very quick with your boring labelling. Very creative of you.
    Im saying this MUTATION is unproven.

No it isn't. Now if you have data that says otherwise than by all means post it up.

What is unknown is how infectious it is among other things.

• Advertisement

It's not up to Tony or NPHET.

The government calls the shots.

But the restrictions are also for people like you who won't adhere to public advice, guidance or the law.

That's an oxymoron. The restrictions are for people who won't adhere to restrictions?? :confused::confused:

That's an oxymoron. The restrictions are for people who won't adhere to restrictions?? :confused::confused:

Very simple.

You claimed you pretended to have an illness to get a mask exemption.

So part of closing things down is to prevent irresponsible people from potentially spreading the virus.

Of course if people were more responsible the restrictions would have to be less severe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Just what he wanted to undermine the vaccine and keep this thang going!

Who’s undermining the vaccine? All the experts are saying it’s unlikely it will affect it’s effectiveness against the new strain. The only undermining i see are from the boards doom merchants.

Very simple.

So part of closing things down is to prevent irresponsible people from potentially spreading the virus.

Of course if people were more responsible the restrictions would have to be less severe.

No I didn't. I told a doctor friend that I felt difficulty breathing when wearing a mask (which i did), he gave me a letter stating that. Seems to get right up peoples nose that I was able to do that. There were no lies told to anyone.

No it isn't. Now if you have data that says otherwise than by all means post it up.

What is unknown is how infectious it is among other things.

My data is my common sense / critical thinking and not just nodding along to hysterical media b.s

“Mutation” , “super spreader variant” buzz words for hysteria.

So we have a super spreader mutation of a super spreader virus.
    Such a load of nonsense

• Advertisement

dalyboy wrote: »
    My data is my common sense / critical thinking and not just nodding along to hysterical media b.s

“Mutation” , “super spreader variant” buzz words for hysteria.

So we have a super spreader mutation of a super spreader virus.
    Such a load of nonsense

So you have no tangible data, none to refute the virus has mutated?

You are basing it on a belief that a Tory government want to crash their economy Christmas week just to keep people obedient?

Grand so.

The Xmas mutation restrictions in the UK (and by extension Ireland being effected too with travel bans and restrictions) is wholly as a result .....of wait for it .... our good ole friend ..... “modelling”

Mr always reliable and great follower of his own warnings Neil Ferguson is the man who has advised the UK government to shut down London.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9073767/amp/Professor-Neil-Ferguson-key-role-Boris-Johnsons-dramatic-U-turn-Christmas.html

Yes. The same guy who went walkies hundreds of miles from his home for a quickie in mid covid panic in April is at it again.

Let’s await further restrictions as a result of this bs. I’m reckoning mandatory masks on streets will be the next madness they’ll implement very soon to combat the “super spreader version of the super spreader virus”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

My stance is this;

It behoves the citizen to act in a responsible manner and take precautions.

It also behoves the citizen to query and push back on every degradation of their freedoms.

Both of these are true simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Very simple.

Petrifying. Two meters isn’t enough, high time social distancing was at least doubled to four meters. The scanctity of my safe space gets desecrated and trampled roughshod through by these people you speak of on a daily basis. It is deeply upsetting and incredibly insensitive along with irresponsible and concerning, mind numbingly grim and immensely dire. I’m terrified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Paddy do you really think 4 meters can out wit an airborne virus? Sneeze droplets can travel 8 meters plus

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Paddy do you really think 4 meters can out wit an airborne virus? Sneeze droplets can travel 8 meters plus

We need Bigfoot right now more than ever. He is the king of social distancing and he could teach us a thing or two.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If NPHET want to really speak truth to power they need to tell the govt that the border to NI needs to be closed if Belfast airport remains open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Red Alert wrote: »
    If NPHET want to really speak truth to power they need to tell the govt that the border to NI needs to be closed if Belfast airport remains open.

Belfast Agreement? Ever heard of it? That’s not an option.

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Petrifying. Two meters isn’t enough, high time social distancing was at least doubled to four meters. The scanctity of my safe space gets desecrated and trampled roughshod through by these people you speak of on a daily basis. It is deeply upsetting and incredibly insensitive along with irresponsible and concerning, mind numbingly grim and immensely dire. I’m terrified.

Yawn.

No I didn't. I told a doctor friend that I felt difficulty breathing when wearing a mask (which i did), he gave me a letter stating that. Seems to get right up peoples nose that I was able to do that. There were no lies told to anyone.

Nope.
    No mask for me. Doubt i'll need it, but a colleague has said they'll do me a letter stating that I cannot wear a mask as I find restricts my breathing and causes panic attacks.
    I don't actually get panic attacks brainiac.

But it'll work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hahaha. This is what we’re up against lads. What a gobsh!te

what are you worried about anyway Weld.

read below..he's a trained doctor after all!! you can trust him.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/republicofirelandnews/2020/04/29/news/coronavirus-leo-varadkar-says-wearing-a-face-mask-would-not-be-compulsory-if-introduced-1920360/

Nope.

Where did I lie to anyone? :confused: Told a doctor friend I hate masks as it restricts my breathing, he said he'd do me a letter and added panic attacks to make it more plausible. I've also never been asked for it, so haven't had to lie to anyone yet.

Your "Gotcha" moment is a bit of a damp squib.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Nope.

You can't expect him to remember all his stories :pac:

Where did I lie to anyone? :confused: Told a doctor friend I hate masks as it restricts my breathing, he said he'd do me a letter and added panic attacks to make it more plausible. I've also never been asked for it, so haven't had to lie to anyone yet.

Your "Gotcha" moment is a bit of a damp squib.

So a "colleague", "friend", "doctor", "someone" falsified a document to exempt you from wearing a mask?

And you are on here asking why we need restrictions, specifically in relation to yourself?

Really?

So a "colleague", "friend", "doctor", "someone" falsified a document to exempt you from wearing a mask?

And you are on here asking why we need restrictions, specifically in relation to yourself?

Really?

"Falsified a document". :D:D He wrote a simple letter, there is no specific "document" needed, in fact the HSE website states that there is no need to carry documentation.

Exemption letters
    Some workplaces or schools may ask for a medical certificate. But in general, you do not need to ask for a letter from a GP about your reason for not wearing a face covering.
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/face-coverings-masks-and-covid-19/when-to-wear.html

EDIT: Sorry Mods, I understand this is way off topic. I won't be replying any longer.

"Falsified a document". :D:D He wrote a simple letter, there is no specific "document" needed, in fact the HSE website states that there is no need to carry documentation.

If he signed a falsified letter in his professional capacity as a "doctor", that is indeed a document.

You procured a false document to get around restrictions. (if of course it is true).

Sadly that is one of the many reasons we have to have restrictions.

So you of all people given what you have admitted don't get to pontificate on the issue I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Tork wrote: »
    Maybe you should take your tin foil hat off for a while. What sort of nonsense is this? Nobody wants this virus to continue to plague us for longer than it has to. Where are you reading this conspiracy nonsense bull****?

Lol the naivety is strong here- there are a LOT of people with various interests doing very well from lockdowns, a lot also like the new WFH arrangements with no commuting. Let’s not kid ourselves that there are not an awful lot of people in rush to get back to any former. Chief amongst them our wonderful, “life saving” trojans in Nphet

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Lol the naivety is strong here- there are a LOT of people with various interests doing very well from lockdowns, a lot also like the new WFH arrangements with no commuting. Let’s not kid ourselves that there are not an awful lot of people in rush to get back to any former. Chief amongst them our wonderful, “life saving” trojans in Nphet

NPHET work from home? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

NPHET work from home? :confused:

No oddly, Tony despite all the rubbish he preaches is too important to repeat his copy/paste dictats from zoom or teams. I guess the virus doesn’t effect higher powers or overweight, middle aged “health” experts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement