Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Came across this on the other thread. A public health England document posted up re new strain. It shows sequencing done on the Milton-Keynes Lab from Oct 12th 2020 to now. The new variant was in 5% of cases on Oct 12th, and in 96% of cases on 30th November, when the U.K. the subsequently reopened. If the virus is indeed more transmissible as this paper suggests, who in the U.K. Government knew at this stage?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/947048/Technical_Briefing_VOC_SH_NJL2_SH2.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

polesheep wrote: »
    It's disgusting how so many people in this country are willing to pull up the drawbridge to lock out their own countrymen.

or lock out and even more rabid strain of the virus in another country that managed the original one poorly.

If you were still in the UK when they started putting places in tier 4 you should stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭hamburgham

SusieBlue wrote: »
    One of the safest industries, who have had little to no cases or clusters traced back to them, who have invested a fortune and have taken huge financial hits on their revenue to facilitate social distancing between clients, and they are rewarded by being shut down. Again.
    It’s gone beyond a total joke now.

It’s outright bullying, a total abuse of power.Is disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Poorside wrote: »
    And short hair.

Or maybe people that actually have hair

hamburgham wrote: »
    It’s outright bullying, a total abuse of power.Is disgusting.

any services connected to having a night out - closed. Predicting more restrictions on taxi's and wouldn't be surprised if they had a pop at the offo's after this too, its gone completely mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

Surly at this stage we must all know at least 10 to 20 people that have/had this at this stage?.i must be very sheltered as I only heard of less than half a dozen in my Locality.agree with those that can see tru the anti pub rhetoric from “saint” tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

I got an email from my school where i work today confirming a positive case , teachers and students (27) all isolate, i rang the school and explained i would be trying on the cautions side as i and would not d be coming in would like to see my family after 8months (properly)

Deemed fit to work, warning , and two day extra wages lost cause i took the approach that everyone agrees with to not put lives in danger

And then BAM more restrictions

This **** will never end

Surly at this stage we must all know at least 10 to 20 people that have/had this at this stage?.i must be very sheltered as I only heard of less than half a dozen in my Locality.agree with those that can see tru the anti pub rhetoric from “saint” tony

I don't actually know of a single person who's had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

At this stage i know of at least 20 people, old and young and fully recovered. Most had none or little symptoms. My cousin had it and she is diabetic. She had every symptom under the sun including vomiting but fully recovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Any news on Hotels staying open? Thought I read they would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

the worst news for nphet this year, must be that the vaccine is already being roled out! the shower of scums five minutes of fame, will be over at some stage in 2021! Fatony can go back to getting involved in more scandals..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

any services connected to having a night out - closed. Predicting more restrictions on taxi's and wouldn't be surprised if they had a pop at the offo's after this too, its gone completely mad.

It’s mad and very concerning. There is an air of nobody knows what they’re doing. There’s no clear political leadership and ZERO opposition in the dail. NPHET have gone off their rockers and are clearly NOT following science at this point. If they have no infection figures for hospitality then why the hell are they advising closing them down ???

It’s the failure to follow science that has me very worried that this is going to drag on another 12 months or more and years to de-program the population from mythology of covid thinking.

We are way past the point of “the cure is worse than the disease” situation

Oh no some boards posters disagree with NPHET

Im sure theyll be suitably concerned

The idea that now, during the clear third wave surge, is a time to still be moaning about non-essential activity being restricted is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

The next 2 weeks are crucial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The idea that now, during the clear third wave surge, is a time to still be moaning about non-essential activity being restricted is ridiculous

At what point did the second wave end at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Third wave ?
    Have we a date that the 2nd wave ended and this third wave arrived and swept us ?

Ps , what date did the 2nd wave arrive again ?
    Reply in your own time.
    I’m just sitting here reading a book about science empiricism. (You know the one about cause and effect?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,715 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

dalyboy wrote: »
    It’s mad and very concerning. There is an air of nobody knows what they’re doing. There’s no clear political leadership and ZERO opposition in the dail. NPHET have gone off their rockers and are clearly NOT following science at this point. If they have no infection figures for hospitality then why the hell are they advising closing them down ???

It’s the failure to follow science that has me very worried that this is going to drag on another 12 months or more and years to de-program the population from mythology of covid thinking.

We are way past the point of “the cure is worse than the disease” situation

Is trying to contain the virus and lower infection rates following science? Any crowd gathering is surely a risk. My own county had outbreaks in pubs

“Cabinet to reject proposed move to level 5 restrictions”. Tony won’t be happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

6 wrote: »
    Is trying to contain the virus and lower infection rates following science? Any crowd gathering is surely a risk. My own county had outbreaks in pubs

I would have thought so but seemingly NPHET can’t give their advice from home using Zoom or other similar platforms.

So perhaps unnecessary travel and gatherings aren’t actually dangerous

I would have thought so but seemingly NPHET can’t give their advice from home using Zoom or other similar platforms.

So perhaps unnecessary travel and gatherings aren’t actually dangerous

?

Whats this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Micky 32 wrote: »

but on social media its all up saying its happening. very frustrating for me as im in one of the jobs that could be affected. Its so hard not to tune out from it all as its so crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

Micky 32 wrote: »

Once pubs and restaurants are closed his job here is done.

He hates happiness and loves misery!

conor05 wrote: »
    Once pubs and restaurants are closed his job here is done.

He hates happiness and loves misery!

Or maybe he's just good at his job.

Every recent warning he's given the government has been accurate. They then scramble. They'll do the same again this time and prolong a level 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Was in Cork City yesterday. Felt way more safe in the restaurant we ate lunch in compared to some of the shops to be honest. Bizarre how badly they're treating hospitality.

Just back from a 24/7 petrol station to buy cigarettes and milk. Absolutely packed with scantily clad young wans falling around the place eating pizza for a bit of soakage before they're off to the next house party. Not a mask in sight.

Personally, I think they're far more likely to suffer hypothermia than issues with Covid but the powers that be don't share my view. Yet, they'll still shut down restaurants, food pubs and retail that have bent over backwards to adhere to guidelines and let this continue. There isn't an ounce of backbone anywhere in government and no one to put their foot down to end this ridiculous charade and call Holohan to heel.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    but on social media its all up saying its happening. very frustrating for me as im in one of the jobs that could be affected. Its so hard not to tune out from it all as its so crucial

It is the main headline on the RTE news app.

46 Long wrote: »
    Just back from a 24/7 petrol station to buy cigarettes and milk. Absolutely packed with scantily clad young wans falling around the place eating pizza for a bit of soakage before they're off to the next house party. Not a mask in sight.

Personally, I think they're far more likely to suffer hypothermia than issues with Covid but the powers that be don't share my view. Yet, they'll still shut down restaurants, food pubs and retail that have bent over backwards to adhere to guidelines and let this continue. There isn't an ounce of backbone anywhere in government and no one to put their foot down to end this ridiculous charade and call Holohan to heel.

Isn't the point these young healthy people may pass it on to more vulnerable parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Considering Britains absolute shambles of managing this, the train from Belfast, the road border, ferry and flights should have all been stopped days ago. But no... we're going to just make the pubs suffer again.

A singular person coming home from the UK is infinitely more selfish and dangerous than 6 people who were here the whole time just wanting a drink imho.

If someone does come here from Britain and the pubs are closed then they have less opportunity to spread the virus.

The rapid increase in cases since things reopened shows exactly why they need to be closed and when they do eventually reopen they need a proper inspection regime so that so you can go for dinner and go home without bowsies undermining the whole thing.

If someone does come here from Britain and the pubs are closed then they have less opportunity to spread the virus.

The rapid increase in cases since things reopened shows exactly why they need to be closed and when they do eventually reopen they need a proper inspection regime so that so you can go for dinner and go home without bowsies undermining the whole thing.

So you're saying that infected people may be less likely to spread it if they are in less social gatherings??....

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

6 wrote: »
    Or maybe he's just good at his job.

Every recent warning he's given the government has been accurate. They then scramble. They'll do the same again this time and prolong a level 5.

Good as his job? He uses the bloody nuclear option Every time. It's pretty easy to say lockdown everything...

• Advertisement

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    Good as his job? He uses the bloody nuclear option Every time. It's pretty easy to say lockdown everything...

Whats your alternative? Could you handle the situation better?

Surely these guys have the data and work with it.?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement