Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

My emotions are not clouding anything.

The fact that vaccinations have begun in other countries is not an excuse for your vile, insulting remarks against the people who are working here, and have been working on the front line for the last ten months.

I've nothing further to say to you.
    You have this perception that doctors and nurses having been working in warzone like conditions for ten months. This is not the case at all. I bet videos from Bergamo in Italy in April has given you this perception.

The videos I've seen from hospitals in Ireland, UK, US etc are of nurses doing videos for TikTok because they've nothing to do. Out patients, surgeries etc all postponed for long periods means hospitals have been deserted.

Nurses also posting images of marks from wearing a mask for a whole day also contribute to this.

You need a reality check.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,126 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Could you just not use some common sense. Does everything need to spelled out and spoon fed?

Can you be sure that the Garda who stops me will 'just use some common sense'?

I'm asking if anyone knows the current legal status on exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If only there was a government website, showing the current restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Guys, I wouldn't get excited over whether vaccines are available from yesterday or Wednesday or whatever. Its only optics. A couple of days doesnt make a difference.

they need something to be outraged about though. it'll be something else next week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Micheal Martin said today there i no 5km limit its stay in your county

• Advertisement

froog wrote: »
    they need something to be outraged about though. it'll be something else next week.

What’s with the passive aggressive one liners all day?

Who are “They”?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Covid is directly costing the country €28bn per annum - so if you put it very simply it is costing us over €75m per day. That is before you deal with the implications on people of continued restrictions

These three days might not matter, but what about the next three, and the three after that... it all adds up to time we can't afford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

If you stay away from people you can't get the virus. This is the theory behind lockdowns. My god like a child can understand this.

Thing is that you cant stay away from people.
    Try to implement this for some time and there would be no children who would understand it.
    You all hardcore lockdown enthusiasts fail to understand that even at the height of strickest lockdown over a third of workforce were still working as if nothing was happening. Throw in their families where they came to after their shift and you will see that probably half of population was not shielded from virus in any meaningful way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I can’t understand the justification of inefficiency within the HSE by a plethora of posters.

Never has such poor performance been defended by so many

Surely the week long delay will cost lives?

Or is that ok because it’s Christmas?

Maybe it's only those lives above life expectancy or at end of life anyway...y'know, the ones you don't really care about because young lives are worth more?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Why didn’t they start the day they arrived? We are constantly being screamed at by people like you that this thing extremely deadly so, come on, why the delay? Is it actually not that serious after all?

There was a delay of a few days in the north. There was a delay of a few days in England. This isn't a thing that has only happened in Ireland. So many armchair experts in this thread...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Penfailed wrote: »
    There was a delay of a few days in the north. There was a delay of a few days in England. This isn't a thing that has only happened in Ireland. So many armchair experts in this thread...

The North is hardly to be held up as best in class for anything Covid related

The North is hardly to be held up as best in class for anything Covid related

Nor is England. That's not my point though. I don't know of anywhere that started injecting people the same day the vaccines arrived in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Lundstram wrote: »
    You have this perception that doctors and nurses having been working in warzone like conditions for ten months. This is not the case at all. I bet videos from Bergamo in Italy in April has given you this perception.

The videos I've seen from hospitals in Ireland, UK, US etc are of nurses doing videos for TikTok because they've nothing to do. Out patients, surgeries etc all postponed for long periods means hospitals have been deserted.

Nurses also posting images of marks from wearing a mask for a whole day also contribute to this.

You need a reality check.

Nurses from outpatients etc have been redeployed around hospitals in other wards. They arent paid to sit in an empty ward whatever you may think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Thing is that you cant stay away from people.
    Try to implement this for some time and there would be no children who would understand it.
    You all hardcore lockdown enthusiasts fail to understand that even at the height of strickest lockdown over a third of workforce were still working as if nothing was happening. Throw in their families where they came to after their shift and you will see that probably half of population was not shielded from virus in any meaningful way.

The above is 100% true. Personally, I've been in the "danger zone" since September, working in one of the country's biggest secondary schools. Then going home to family. And my 90 year old mother who lives close by and should keep away but who, having weighed it all up, has decided she will not take indefinite isolation at this late stage in her life. And thankfully we all got to Christmas fit and well.

And we're hardly the only ones. But we'd be a good example of the wider population. All ages mixing, people going out to work every day. Living in your typical Irish town. We're all very careful with our masking and sanitising but we're still in the thick of it. Which is one of the reasons I'm extremely skeptical of the need for these excessive restrictions and have got to zero patience with the hysterical lockdown forever brigade. Not to mention my contempt for the politicians who are just covering their cowardly asses and aren't even bothering to hide that fact anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Penfailed wrote: »

My point still stands. We’ve been screeched at for months about how this thing is a killer so why the delay in bringing out the vaccine? The fact that it has happened elsewhere actually makes it WORSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Oh come on Andrew let’s not be silly about this. I wasn’t stopped once during the second lockdown and I drive Greystones to Skerries and back everyday for work. They aren’t going to stop you on your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,126 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If only there was a government website, showing the current restrictions.

I had already checked the website, which said nothing either way about a restriction on exercise, hence the question.

Looks like someone else asked the Taoiseach the same question.
    Stheno wrote: »
    Micheal Martin said today there i no 5km limit its stay in your county

619 deaths since May 8th I do believe. That is almost 8 months now! That’s the “crisis” we are dealing with. And the vast majority of those deaths are people in extremely poor health in nursing homes.

The politicians making up the rules are not very afraid... partying in hotels and not wearing masks etc.

RTÉ have been selling fear but are hardly afraid themselves since they are having parties behind closed doors.

NPHET are just delighted they’ve managed to keep pubs closed for this long.

We have a bunch of vaccines ready to go but can’t be bothered to start just yet because Christmas holidays...

This whole thing is beyond a joke at this stage. Let us work, let us live ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I had already checked the website, which said nothing either way about a restriction on exercise, hence the question.

Looks like someone else asked the Taoiseach the same question.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/a1f21-ireland-placed-on-level-5-restrictions-of-the-plan-for-living-with-covid-19-with-a-number-of-specific-adjustments/

Yep, nothing at all, except the part about being able to go anywhere in your county :rolleyes:

My point still stands. We’ve been screeched at for months about how this thing is a killer so why the delay in bringing out the vaccine? The fact that it has happened elsewhere actually makes it WORSE!

No, it doesn't. Shouting it doesn't make it so either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

When can we expect to see any significant easing g now we have vaccines?

Gael23 wrote: »

It'll take months for the vaccine to be rolled out in significant numbers. I suspect there'll be easing and tightening right up until the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Im in the first group and not getting first jab until the 22nd of Jan. I think it'll be at least summer until things start to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Im in the first group and not getting first jab until the 22nd of Jan. I think it'll be at least summer until things start to relax.

I be more worried we have a big order in for AstraZeneca(?uk) one which is not approved or affective. Only small orders for the affective ones.

I would say over 65's will be done by end of March

I imagine we’ll be in level 5 lockdown for January and February. There will likely be a slight easing for March and April to keep the public onside.

By that point, summer will be approaching and Covid will probably be dying down anyways. Schools will be getting close to summer hols. Vaccines should be having a major impact.

But it’s Ireland we are talking about. So we’ll probably still have quite harsh restrictions even beyond summer.

Unfortunately there is still huge support for lockdown. And it has little to do with saving lives and more to do with saving money and time. There will be lots of agendas to keep lockdown going.

Once nursing homes are covered there’s not much justification for visitor bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Once nursing homes are covered there’s not much justification for visitor bans.

Yea there is. Vaccine just helps your immune system, doesnt stop you from spreading it. Still loads of over 65 not in the nursing homes

Yea there is. Vaccine just helps your immune system, doesnt stop you from spreading it. Still loads of over 65 not in the nursing homes

But once residents in nursing homes are vaccinated they should be allowed have more regular visitors

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I imagine we’ll be in level 5 lockdown for January and February. There will likely be a slight easing for March and April to keep the public onside.

By that point, summer will be approaching and Covid will probably be dying down anyways. Schools will be getting close to summer hols. Vaccines should be having a major impact.

But it’s Ireland we are talking about. So we’ll probably still have quite harsh restrictions even beyond summer.

Unfortunately there is still huge support for lockdown. And it has little to do with saving lives and more to do with saving money and time. There will be lots of agendas to keep lockdown going.

Not a hope they ease things before Paddy's day. It's going to be this version of L5 lite until April I would say.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

JRant wrote: »
    Not a hope they ease things before Paddy's day. It's going to be this version of L5 lite until April I would say.

I can already see the #savepaddysday messaging from the government come February to try and make people think there’s a chance of restrictions being eased if we redouble our efforts!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement