Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Lundstram wrote: »
    Another Twitter hero denouncing people for having the audacity to question the most expensive per capita health service in the EU.

Another hero offering zero insight or solutions just denouncing the little people who should just pay their taxes and shut their mouths.

Another loser seeking validation from other HSE apologists.

People dont understand, the HSE exists to turn taxpayers money into wages.
    Joe soap thinks its a health service or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Bambi wrote: »

A pen-pusher's paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,126 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Nobody mentioned the pub, only you.

Nobody else then?

537369.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Since you're being so pedantic.

It's 10s of billions.

Get your facts right.

Was about to post the same.

:D
    I love when someone tries to be a smartarse and promptly embarrasses themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Another swipe at the people questioning the HSE. Again no insight or reasons, just smart alec jibes.

Thankfully most intelligent posters see through this deflection.

Strange though as the list of motions at the annual conferences of the staff representative bodies in the HSE have a long list of complaints against the HSE far more than in the rest of the public service. But the people who pay for the service cannot complain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Bambi wrote: »

The sad thing is given Donnelly's background in 'management consultancy' it's gonna turn into an even bigger waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

People can question the HSE about anything they like. Most of those asking the questions might as well be looking into the inside of a nuclear reactor or a Land Rover engine and asking questions about it. As a general rule, they haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

We just need to look at the Range Rovers price tag and then ask why we paid twice that price for a ****ing Lada.

People living on the taxpayers tit get very defensive when we do

Since you're being so pedantic.

It's 10s of billions.

Get your facts right.

Health spending does not equal HSE spending. The HSE budget is not tens of billions. Get your facts right.

https://assets.gov.ie/90874/2fdab5b3-fb71-4ebc-ac40-1017ae4bb5fb.pdf

537372.jpg
    Was about to post the same.

:D
    I love when someone tries to be a smartarse and promptly embarrasses themselves.

Yeah, I love when that happens.

Health spending does not equal HSE spending. The HSE budget is not tens of billions. Get your facts right.

https://assets.gov.ie/90874/2fdab5b3-fb71-4ebc-ac40-1017ae4bb5fb.pdf

537372.jpg
    Stop it man, you're just embarrassing yourself. You said it was 17 billion now its 14 billion. :D

The HSE will spend 22 billion this year and that's counting the cost of about 7 million vaccines.

I'd love to know the percentage breakdown of wages.

Stop it man, you're just embarrassing yourself. You said it was 17 billion now its 14 billion. :D

The HSE will spend 22 billion this year and that's counting the cost of about 7 million vaccines.

I'd love to know the percentage breakdown of wages.

That's the budget document I posted. The document that is voted through the Dail.

If you have a source for your alternative claim, please post it.

• Advertisement

That's the budget document I posted. The document that is voted through the Dail.

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/parliamentaryBudgetOffice/2020/2020-04-17_revised-estimates-2020-health-vote-38_en.pdf

Put down the shovel buddy - you’ve embarrassed yourself enough for one day. :D

I won't waste time humouring you as to the HSE's budget, if you think its as low as 14.8bn then you are beyond debating with.

Have you anything to say on why its taking so long to get this vaccine roll-out started? Have you seen the mighty "task-force's" plan? Who is on this task-force? What qualifications do they have? Who chose these people and why? What's our IT/database system like? When is the next batch of vaccines coming?

I'm stupid and know nothing so I'd be grateful if you could fill me in on the above. Thanks.

Do you need me to explain the difference between;

1) Health spending, and
    2) HSE spending?

I won't waste time humouring you as to the HSE's budget, if you think its as low as 14.8bn then you are beyond debating with.
    It doesn't matter what you think or what I think. It matters what is voted through the Dail.
    Have you anything to say on why its taking so long to get this vaccine roll-out started? Have you seen the mighty "task-force's" plan? Who is on this task-force? What qualifications do they have? Who chose these people and why? What's our IT/database system like? When is the next batch of vaccines coming?

I'm stupid and know nothing so I'd be grateful if you could fill me in on the above. Thanks.
    Do you want the HSE to spend their timing answering these questions for stupid people (your term), or to spend their timing vaccinating?

Do you need me to explain the difference between;

1) Health spending, and
    2) HSE spending?

Don't worry buddy, if I need help with something you'll be the first lad I call on.

Don't worry buddy, if I need help with something you'll be the first lad I call on.
    Happy to help;

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

When the stricter restrictions come in, will gyms be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Penfailed

obi604 wrote: »
    When the strict restrictions come in, will gyms be closed?

No.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

That's not an answer to the question asked though, is it?

Will you let the Boards.ie experts guide your next surgery for your family member?

I answered your question.
    I would let a trained monkey organise a family members surgery if they could do it without the heartache I went through with my daughter and in a timely fashion that would cause the least amount of pain for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

obi604 wrote: »
    When the stricter restrictions come in, will gyms be closed?

I believe they will in time! It may be a cynical view but I think NE retail and gyms were kept open so the government have something to close once the inevitable rise in cases is seen when schools go back after Xmas!

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I answered your question.
    I would let a trained monkey organise a family members surgery if they could do it without the heartache I went through with my daughter and in a timely fashion that would cause the least amount of pain for her.

I didn't say "organise your surgery". I said "Do your surgery". Will you let the boards experts decide where to cut, and how long and how deep?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone else here June for the target date for mass gatherings ?. Would make sense esp with the Euros games in Dublin along with the concerts and stuff

Really hope I'm wrong but can't see MM/Leo and Tony allowing any of that carry on esp for the summer months

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone else here June for the target date for mass gatherings ?. Would make sense esp with the Euros games in Dublin along with the concerts and stuff

Really hope I'm wrong but can't see MM/Leo and Tony allowing any of that carry on esp for the summer months

Where did you here hear that?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Imagine if every other stadium in the Euros is full and in Landsdowne Rd there are no crowds.
    I can see it happening but if it does it will be an absolute shame on the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Get " vaccine centres " open 7 days a week .
    Open them from 7am to late .
    For example here in galway city use galway airport .
    At the moment it's been used a covid test center.
    Every week is vital moving forward , I expect we will have the HSE opening hours.
    Monday to Friday 9 to 5 .
    The management in the hse are typically making a big deal about giving these vaccines .
    ****sake how many years have they been giving flu jabs ?
    Dads army would run a better rollout than this shower .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Every week is vital moving forward , I expect we will have the HSE opening hours.
    The management in the hse are typically making a big deal about giving these vaccines .

Can’t work weekends and we aren’t allowed question!

You did take the availability of vaccine stock into account in coming up with this plan, didn't you?

Longitude has sold a large number of tickets for early July.

People posting about the vaccine roll out and how it should be done have no clue about the logistics of such an operation yet are putting forward ideas about mass-vaccination centres and the like. The first cohort to be vaccinated are those over 65 in full time residential care. How do you get all those people out of the care home to a vaccination centre? Wouldn't it be better to do it in the actual care home?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

They got an awful shock when the vaccine arrived having had no prior notice and no time to prepare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Penfailed wrote: »
    People posting about the vaccine roll out and how it should be done have no clue about the logistics of such an operation yet are putting forward ideas about mass-vaccination centres and the like. The first cohort to be vaccinated are those over 65 in full time residential care. How do you get all those people out of the care home to a vaccination centre? Wouldn't it be better to do it in the actual care home?

If you can't make out I'm talking about giving the vaccine to the general public.
    sweet mother of god talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Get centres open for longer hours WHEN WE GET FURTHER VACINNES .
    Enough of this clap on the back bull**** for doing their job.
    All we have hearing is how deadly this virus is !!!
    Well get the finger out and give the VACINNES to the general public when it suits the public NOT IN TIMES THAT SUIT YOUR PUBLIC JOB .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement