Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Penfailed

They got an awful shock when the vaccine arrived having had no prior notice and no time to prepare.

They had notice and they have prepared. That's why they have a date for commencement of the roll out.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

If you can't make out I'm talking about giving the vaccine to the general public.
    sweet mother of god talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Get centres open for longer hours WHEN WE GET FURTHER VACINNES .
    Enough of this clap on the back bull**** for doing their job.
    All we have hearing is how deadly this virus is !!!
    Well get the finger out and give the VACINNES to the general public when it suits the public NOT IN TIMES THAT SUIT YOUR PUBLIC JOB .

Cool shouty rant.

Do you think residents in care homes aren't members of the general public?

How do you know they won't get centres open for longer hours? Don't you think they might actually be waiting until they get an adequate supply of the vacinnes vaccines before going down that route?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Penfailed wrote: »
    Cool shouty rant.

Do you think residents in care homes aren't members of the general public?

How do you know they won't get centres open for longer hours? Don't you think they might actually be waiting until they get an adequate supply of the vacinnes vaccines before going down that route?

Thank you for the spelling correction .
    Pedantic pen .

Thank you for the spelling correction .
    Pedantic pen .

You're very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the kelt wrote: »
    Can’t work weekends and we aren’t allowed question!

Its not like they can do anything at the weekends anyway

Once we get a **** ton of vaccines it should be moved to 7 days a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

the kelt wrote: »
    Can’t work weekends and we aren’t allowed question!

Those bastards........ Except y'know they will be working weekends when the supply allows for it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Lundstram wrote: »
    A new day and another day of 10,000 vaccines sitting idle in a fridge in Dublin while a stringent lockdown grips the country. Portugal flat out today injecting, they expect to have 70,000 citizens done by the end of the week. UK nearing 700k, Czech Republic started vaccinating yesterday morning with their prime-minister getting it first. Many more examples of other nations hard at work getting their people protected as we speak.

In good old Paddyland, politicians are on Twitter bickering over who was right and who was wrong.

Shameless.

It’s been a fascinating performance by the Irish media throughout.

I’ve seen Boris J slated and ridiculed throughout by the Irish media. And many in the main thread of course. Personal insults towards the guy were unbelievable.

His country has its vaccination programme well under way, almost 3/4 of a million vaccinated, and engineered a deal for his country leaving the EU.

Boris has saved lives with the swift vaccine roll out.

Ireland will of course cause more more deaths due to delays in the vaccination roll out

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So Boris has aced the pandemic and Brexit and unless we vaccinate the entire population of Ireland in 11 weeks we have failed.

That's different level ranting and raving even for this thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It’s been a fascinating performance by the Irish media throughout.

I’ve seen Boris J slated and ridiculed throughout by the Irish media. And many in the main thread of course. Personal insults towards the guy were unbelievable.

His country has its vaccination programme well under way, almost 3/4 of a million vaccinated, and engineered a deal for his country leaving the EU.

Boris has saved lives with the swift vaccine roll out.

Ireland will of course cause more more deaths due to delays in the vaccination roll out

Ah dude.

UK have 10 times our mortality rate with Covid. I don't think anyone is immune to criticism but Boris deserves all the flack he is getting and more tbh.

I would love to see an overlap of the "I'll wait till I know it's safe" crowd with the "jab other people immediately" crowd. I'm imagining a Venn diagram with the middle section labelled "I'm going to be angry about something"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Necro wrote: »
    Ah dude.

UK have 10 times our mortality rate with Covid. I don't think anyone is immune to criticism but Boris deserves all the flack he is getting and more tbh.

Where have you got the figures for 10 times the mortality rate?

Irrelevant about the vaccine roll out so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

I didn't say "organise your surgery". I said "Do your surgery". Will you let the boards experts decide where to cut, and how long and how deep?

He’s not asking the HSE to let him administer vaccines he’s asking them to do it NOW and to do it PROPERLY that’s all. I don’t see how anyone could possibly have a problem with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

They got an awful shock when the vaccine arrived having had no prior notice and no time to prepare.

The courier left it behind the recycling bin. They only found it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,126 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

He’s not asking the HSE to let him administer vaccines he’s asking them to do it NOW and to do it PROPERLY that’s all. I don’t see how anyone could possibly have a problem with that!

He's asking the HSE to let him decide when/how to roll-out vaccines, when he knows next to nothing about the training required, the storage and logistics required, the public health impacts required, the supply chain of vaccine supply etc.

Think about your job -whatever it is. And think about how well the boards.ie experts could do your job, shouting from the ditch.

Define properly? There's people on here asking for people on PUP to be put to work administering the vaccine......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Posted this on the other thread but thought it might apply here too.
    It’s time for less hysteria and more critical thinking for 2021.
    To Prof Luke O’Neil, thankfully I didn’t see any of our senior citizens sitting close to windows catching their death of cold.
    To Gabriel Scally and others who spent 2020 trying to interfere with every aspect of our lives to further their own careers, your comment re cancelling Christmas until June - attempting to interfere in public holidays and throw Ireland into a cauldron of misery while we watched the rest of the world mark the occasion, shame on you.
    To Dr Colm Henry, shame on you too for suggesting people already in Ireland from the U.K. should eat their Christmas dinner in their room like they’re the new leper’s of 21st Century.

Yes cases will go up. It’s January. Flu would be rampant now if we didn’t have Covid. Hospitals cannot cope at the best of times at this time of year. I expect this to be slanted into a ‘Covid is overwhelming’ Irish hospitals storyline. Instead of the actual storyline which is ‘Covid is adding to our already overcrowded and underfunded hospitals. And instead of investing in them, we’ll keep throwing money at people to keep them out of work.’

And this idea we’d close non-essential retail again...absolutely ridiculous. People need these shops & services. The Government themselves now need to ‘hold firm’ against the NPHET bogeymen & concentrate on their vaccination programmes ASAP. Get the training and logistics sorted now for all other vaccines due to be authorised in 2021.

Yes cases will go up. It’s January.

Well no, it's still December.
    Flu would be rampant now if we didn’t have Covid. Hospitals cannot cope at the best of times at this time of year. I expect this to be slanted into a ‘Covid is overwhelming’ Irish hospitals storyline. Instead of the actual storyline which is ‘Covid is adding to our already overcrowded and underfunded hospitals. And instead of investing in them, we’ll keep throwing money at people to keep them out of work.’

If that does happen and hopefully it doesn't.

It's the same thing.

Covid is just far more contagious and dangerous than the flu as evidenced by the fact we seem to have eradicated it by the restrictions imposed.

My sister rebooked her wedding for 11th March this year (originally booked for April 2020) and cant imagine how stressful it is esp with so much chopping and changing by our overlords

ATM its booked for 25 but **** knows what will happen in the new year, let's hope is positive for her sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My sister rebooked her wedding for 11th March this year (originally booked for April 2020) and cant imagine how stressful it is esp with so much chopping and changing by our overlords

ATM its booked for 25 but **** knows what will happen in the new year, let's hope is positive for her sake.

My cousin got married today, 25 were allowed inside the church so the rest of the family stood outside.
    Bride and groom had to wear masks throughout the ceremony, they were only allowed to take them off for their vows before being told to put them back on.
    No music, singers or prayers were allowed, and no photos were allowed inside the church after the wedding, they had to leave immediately.
    The bride had to do her own hair and a cousin had to do the makeup as no services of that kind are allowed with the current restrictions.

My mam was inside for the ceremony and she said because of all the guests wearing masks, the social distancing, and the tiny numbers, there was no atmosphere at all in the church. They couldn’t chat among each other before the bride arrived and it all fell a bit flat cause of that.
    Small weddings can be lovely and intimate but because they were all sat so far apart, it didn’t have that vibe at all.
    They are now at the reception where they aren’t allowed get up off their seats.
    They have been permitted by the hotel to play some music from Spotify at a low volume, but they aren’t allowed to have a first dance and the guests won’t be allowed dance either. Last call at the bar will be 10pm, no DJ and no band.

She was originally supposed to get married in May and has rescheduled 4 times since then.
    In the end she just wanted to get it over with, she couldn’t stick the uncertainty anymore cause every time she made a new plan, the rules would change and she’d be back in limbo.
    They only settled on this date last Tuesday!
    The couple had long made their peace with the fact that it wasn’t going to be the day they wanted & they hope to have a proper party to celebrate when this is all over to properly mark the occasion.
    It’s just sad that it even came to this to be honest. I hope your sisters day gets to go ahead on her terms, I can totally see why she’d just want to get it done. Hopefully by March things will have relaxed a bit more and it will feel more like a normal wedding.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    My cousin got married today, 25 were allowed inside the church so the rest of the family stood outside.
    Bride and groom had to wear masks throughout the ceremony, they were only allowed to take them off for their vows before being told to put them back on.
    No music, singers or prayers were allowed, and no photos were allowed inside the church after the wedding, they had to leave immediately.
    The bride had to do her own hair and a cousin had to do the makeup as no services of that kind are allowed with the current restrictions.

My mam was inside for the ceremony and she said because of all the guests wearing masks, the social distancing, and the tiny numbers, there was no atmosphere at all in the church. They couldn’t chat among each other before the bride arrived and it all fell a bit flat cause of that.
    Small weddings can be lovely and intimate but because they were all sat so far apart, it didn’t have that vibe at all.
    They have been permitted by the hotel to play some music from Spotify at a low volume, but they aren’t allowed to have a first dance and the guests won’t be allowed dance either. Last call at the bar will be 10pm, no DJ and no band.

She was originally supposed to get married in May and has rescheduled 4 times since then.
    In the end she just wanted to get it over with, she couldn’t stick the uncertainty anymore cause every time she made a new plan, the rules would change and she’d be back in limbo.
    The couple had long made their peace with the fact that it wasn’t going to be the day they wanted & they hope to have a proper party to celebrate when this is all over to properly mark the occasion.
    It’s just sad that it even came to this to be honest. I hope your sisters day gets to go ahead on her terms, I can totally see why she’d just want to get it done. Hopefully by March things will have relaxed a bit more and it will feel more like a normal wedding.

Yeah a lot of what you described has been communicated to her and as you said just wants to get it over with. Prob like other weddings she plans to have a party when things go back to normal

Let's hope so, one poster over on the main thread has on good authority this lockdown will last till the end of March 2021. Lets hope is just BS

• Advertisement

A considerable percentage of us are going to be living in hell for the next few months unfortunately.

That’s what this existence is becoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

SusieBlue wrote: »

I'm sorry but that sounds awful. What is the reasoning behind having to get permission to play music at a low volume or no first dance? Do they think the married couple, who I'm sure already live together are worried about transmitting the dreaded virus to each other? Its like some new bizarre form of puritanism. Literally nothing fun is allowed. Surprised they weren't forced to eat their dinners in complete silence too.

A considerable percentage of us are going to be living in hell for the next few months unfortunately.

Yes, if it gets bad, the health care professionals who will have to deal with it and the people who will have treatment canceled.

Not to mention families and loved ones who will be bereaved.

Hopefully we avoid the unfolding scenario in much of the UK at the moment.

Covid-19: Concern at 'unprecedented' infection level in England

Another record day of confirmed infections during Christmas week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that sounds awful. What is the reasoning behind having to get permission to play music at a low volume or no first dance? Do they think the married couple, who I'm sure already live together are worried about transmitting the dreaded virus to each other? Its like some new bizarre form of puritanism. Literally nothing fun is allowed. Surprised they weren't forced to eat their dinners in complete silence too.

Yea, I'd have to agree. They'd have been better off saving whatever they paid for that "experience" and getting married in the registry office or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

This thread has been an absolute goldmine of users to add to ignore, thanks to all of those who so readily identified themselves, your continued nonsense posting has not been in vain and I salute you.

I still don't understand why some people think Tony Holohan would want lockdowns if he didn't think they were necessary... Like for what purpose exactly? Power? The lolz?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Boggles wrote: »
    Hopefully we avoid the unfolding scenario in much of the UK at the moment.

Covid-19: Concern at 'unprecedented' infection level in England

Another record day of confirmed infections during Christmas week.

Don't be such an exaggerator, sure the UK is totally different to Ireland, they have a monarchy for Gods sake!
    You might as well compare is to Italy or the US, some other examples of totally unrelatelable countries where it went badly wrong.

We'll never have ambulances of the sick piled up outside our hospitals dying... For one thing we don't have enough ambulances for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

That’s what this existence is becoming.

Be grateful for your and your family’s “existence “

Hell is when your wife looses their dad to Corona virus in the space of 7 days dead - a man in early 60’s with no underlying conditions.
    Hell is dealing with that 4 weeks ago and most of the days since then .

Daz_ wrote: »

Hell is when your wife looses their dad to Corona virus in the space of 7 days dead - a man in early 60’s with no underlying conditions.

Sorry for your loss.

GreeBo wrote: »
    This thread has been an absolute goldmine of users to add to ignore, thanks to all of those who so readily identified themselves, your continued nonsense posting has not been in vain and I salute you.

I still don't understand why some people think Tony Holohan would want lockdowns if he didn't think they were necessary... Like for what purpose exactly? Power? The lolz?

Maybe do some research on Tony. The man is very much against alcohol. He deemed an anti alcohol conference essential during a pandemic... so I’m sure he enjoys having pubs closed all year.

There are also other things he would like to make amends for, but there are other threads for that.

• Advertisement

Daz_ wrote: »

I’ve lost many people in my life. I wouldn’t describe it as hell. It’s part of life. I know a 20 year old cousin that died of a heart attack 2 months ago.

I don’t really care how/when I die once I get to live.

Time is precious. Simply surviving because we are afraid of somebody getting sick is nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement