Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

No restrictions yet to visit the offie?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

So is this full level 5 lockdown we’ll be going into the same as before xmas or is this going to be a stricter one where we could lose our support bubbles etc?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Micky 32 wrote: »
    So is this full level 5 lockdown we’ll be going into the same as before xmas or is this going to be a stricter one where we could lose our support bubbles etc?

Same so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Stheno wrote: »
    Same so far

This on the RTE news app had me wondering:

“Asked what further measures could be imposed, based on where we are now versus "full Level 5", Mr Donnelly mentioned restrictions around retail, gyms, leisure centres, and home visits.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

“Asked what further measures could be imposed, based on where we are now versus "full Level 5", Mr Donnelly mentioned restrictions around retail, gyms, leisure centres, and home visits.
    No household visits. Same as last time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

So destroy the usual scapegoats. All to feed the insatiable lockdown maniacs appetites for useless rubbish.
    I don’t know about anyone else here, I’m done with this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Surviving isn’t living

Bizarrely to a lot of these people it appears to be. Not very much going on. What’s worse they relish others being as empty as they are too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

Not looking good for non essential retail and gyms,id expect them to be closed after cabinet meeting tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to dry January this year with no gym or pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

HBC08 wrote: »
    Not looking good for non essential retail and gyms,id expect them to be closed after cabinet meeting tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to dry January this year with no gym or pool.

Meh....

All it means is I can pay off my Christmas Credit Card bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wish they would just do it and be done with it, RTE esp George are ****ing delighted with all the negativity and playing down of the Vaccine

We need a bloody serious real plan of living with the virus (tear up that Living with Covid ****e), we can't keep going in and out of lockdowns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭mike8634

HBC08 wrote: »

I always thought they should give €400 a week to the people vulnerable to this disease and let the young healthy people live

Give them €400 a week, put a tracker on them, take the €400 off them if they come near people based on the tracker

Rest of us could live on as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wish they would just do it and be done with it, RTE esp George are ****ing delighted with all the negativity and playing down of the Vaccine

We need a bloody serious real plan of living with the virus (tear up that Living with Covid ****e), we can't keep going in and out of lockdowns

A hard lockdown till March 20th I say. Then level 3 and we move from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

PTH2009 wrote: »

What would the plan look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

mike8634 wrote: »
    I always thought they should give €400 a week to the people vulnerable to this disease and let the young healthy people live

Give them €400 a week, put a tracker on them, take the €400 off them if they come near people based on the tracker

Oh great, that's not immoral at all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

WTF? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

And how do the vulnerable get food or doctor treatment?

Vulnerable are mainly staying staff, sadly its people bringing it into their environment

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What would the plan look like?

More in a direction of going back to normal

More people admitted for Sporting and other events
    Bigger numbers for Transport
    Move away from restrictions and get more people back to work
    Lets the hospitality and tourism industries open fully including wet pubs with the September restrictions (any messing deal with it quickly in a very stict manner)

but we all know they wont do that and will go with the cautious approach like always. Have to keep Dr Tony happy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Oh great, that's not immoral at all :rolleyes:

Better than what we have now

You do it with cattle and livestock

You seperate the sick/weak from the healthy

Perhaps we could “concentrate” all the vulnerable in certain locations, “camps” or some such. Could be the “final solution”

And how do the vulnerable get food or doctor treatment?

Vulnerable are mainly staying staff, sadly its people bringing it into their environment

They order food online and get it delivered

Doctor calls around in Hazmat gear if needed

They won't be leaving the house, so chances of getting sick are low

• Advertisement

Perhaps we could “concentrate” all the vulnerable in certain locations, “camps” or some such. Could be the “final solution”

Trackers and in own home's is enough

They shouldn't be in restaraunts, gym's, shops, shopping centres etc

Own homes, garden's and outdoor only

Contact tracers would be monitoring the trackers and if they don't obey no €400

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Why not put them into jail cells altogether?
    Ridiculous idea.

Like some sort of Ghetto

Poorside wrote: »
    Why not put them into jail cells altogether?
    Ridiculous idea.

To save lives and economy

Yes I would

We are protecting them

When its over they can come out of homes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

George Lee using the January increase of numbers to ramp up the hysteria nicely on the news. People are ‘so sick’ they have to go to hospital. What about those showing up to hospital for other procedures that test positive. Let’s hear those figures.

A hard lockdown till March 20th I say. Then level 3 and we move from there.

Why? What is your basis for a ‘hard lockdown’ until this time? Do you just want to exist until the end of March and hide? Spoke to Nurses over the Christmas from busy Dublin hospitals, they’re never tested for fear they’ll be off work. Here is how it’s spreading among the elderly and vulnerable. How does closing down shops, gyms and schools help that situation?

George Lee using the January increase of numbers to ramp up the hysteria nicely on the news. People are ‘so sick’ they have to go to hospital. What about those showing up to hospital for other procedures that test positive. Let’s hear those figures.

Yeah when hospital numbers start shooting up, I can’t help but wonder how many caught it in hospital or just happened to test positive while in hospital.

It should be simple to report these numbers. The government and NPHET obviously have the figures.

But perhaps it’s in their best interests not to share the full picture.

Yeah when hospital numbers start shooting up, I can’t help but wonder how many caught it in hospital or just happened to test positive while in hospital.

It should be simple to report these numbers. The government and NPHET obviously have the figures.

But perhaps it’s in their best interests not to share the full picture.

It’s definitely not suiting the narrative and these health care workers are instructed to not speak to the media under any circumstances. Heard of interesting views from pulmonary consultants also in Dublin hospitals, however 2nd hand information. Let’s just say, they think the over focusing on Covid as a health issue is very damaging to say the least.
    And don’t even get me started on Simon Harris and his ramblings to the media earlier today about how if it’s good enough for Dr Holohan, it’s good enough for him. Who’s running the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

There was an article in the local paper today about an elderly gentleman who celebrated a milestone birthday in hospital. He was admitted after falling and breaking his hip last month, and then contracted covid-19 while an in-patient.
    I have a close relative working in a hospital and apparently it’s still spreading like wildfire in there.
    The majority of current and historical hospitalisations are people who were admitted for other health reasons, who then contracted the virus while there.
    Yet they will never admit to that in any of the conferences, but are happy to count such cases as hospitalisations.
    It’s so deceiving and not a true reflection of what’s actually happening at all.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40197705.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I know this is going to sound like to CT to some, but... Exactly!

They think they cant trust the population at all with the numbers. If people heard the true percentages and figures they'd jump ship and let the old folks die in a corona stampede or something.

So every little morsel and every little things gets upped to the hilt. Worst case models and scenarios everywhere. Died from or with or not sure, who cares. As long as the numbers are big. Age profiles and locations, not a chance. Would send the 'wrong message'.

Hospital figures are the same. How many are actually in there with acute covid? How many are in there with a broken leg and happened to test positive? How many actually in there with a broken leg and were negative but now they're not?

I'm sure they majority are genuine covid and we are not being CT'd but if you doctor with the numbers to suit the message you leave yourself open to all sorts of crazy ideas.

Its so frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement