Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Level 5 didn't work so what to do..? I know! More level 5! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Soulsun wrote: »
    Are they likely to close gyms?

Looking at the numbers over the last few days then they will have to

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So this guy died of Covid-19 tonight. He was all in favour of relaxing restrictions and opening up in America.

https://twitter.com/LukeLetlow/status/1314247318372257792

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1344118262905282560

Undoubtedly some will still claim its only dangerous to the elderly.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Undoubtedly some will still claim its only dangerous to the elderly.

No one has said that however the facts show that they are indeed the most at risk. There will always be outliers - unfortunate as it is regardless.

The vast majority of the population continue to be at low risk thankfully - again as evidenced by the numbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

There are lots of ways to exercise without going to a gym. Who knows, you might find yourself wondering why you bothered to pay for a gym for all those years.

Yeah but those ways don't give you the opportunity to show off to other people in the gym or bore the ****é out of everyone talking about how you go to the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

So this guy died of Covid-19 tonight. He was all in favour of relaxing restrictions and opening up in America.

Give him a Darwin award!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

We`re already @ Level 5 minus.

It`ll be Level 5 +++++

Like when you go to buy a shirt in Tesco and all they have left is XXXXXXL when all you want is a medium!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Yeah but those ways don't give you the opportunity to show off to other people in the gym or bore the ****é out of everyone talking about how you go to the gym.

I see the anti gym club is out early this morning.... boring the ****e out of people how you can train outside in the cold and rain, rather than a well fitted out gym...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Level 5 got us down to under 300 cases per day. They would take that now. They will keep level 5 till after paddys day.

I believe they will.do a full lockdown till end of jan.
    Feb open schools and kids sports.
    Mar 22 open retail.
    April restaurants and pubs

I see the anti gym club is out early this morning.... boring the ****e out of people how you can train outside in the cold and rain, rather than a well fitted out gym...

Buy a decent jacket and man up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Boggles wrote: »
    How is she now?

Good I hope.

Thanks for asking Boggles.

Shes getting there. Operation was in October so she about 11 weeks over it now.
    Pic attached. Curve was 75 degrees when they operated. Consultant in Crumlin wanted it done before it got to 45 degrees.
    No sign of a date for an operation 2 years in and I was told about a fast track clinic in Cappagh but it would mean loosing her place in Crumlin.
    We even thought about taking out a loan to get it done in the UK.

We bit the bullet and went to Cappagh and the consultant from Crumlin sent all her paperwork to Cappagh in August. She was seen the end of August and operated on it October - in less than 8 weeks - Now that's how it should have been done in the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Some people have disabilities and need gym equipment to train. Not as easy to say man up.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Peter File wrote: »
    Give him a Darwin award!!

Nasty comment

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Hilarious response.....

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Some people have disabilities and need gym equipment to train. Not as easy to say man up.

Or they just need the release of having a bit of structure in their day/routine with some social interaction with like minded people.

The mental health aspect is just as important as the physical - and I say that as someone who has never set foot inside a gym.

Those people are part of society and society is dealing with a once in a lifetime pandemic at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think looking at his tweets he was also not that keen on masks, social distancing etc.
    Very sad for his family, the death of a 41 year old (also seemingly with no underlying conditions) should at least wise some people up

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1344143900940767233?s=19

Those people are part of society and society is dealing with a once in a lifetime pandemic at the moment.

Yeah but you said people need to buy a decent jacket and man up. Just pointing out some people need the gyms to train. You can't just tell them to man up.

Yeah but you said people need to buy a decent jacket and man up. Just pointing out some people need the gyms to train. You can't just tell them to man up.

Will they die if they don't train for a few months?

Gyms are pretty much the definition of non essential.

I would say some will as a knock on effect yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

gmisk wrote: »
    I think looking at his tweets he was also not that keen on masks, social distancing etc.
    Very sad for his family, the death of a 41 year old (also seemingly with no underlying conditions) should at least wise some people up

Poor woman :(

You think he woulda considered them like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

If you use that logic everything bar bread and water is non essential!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

Gyms will close,I predicted this yesterday.
    This will hit me particularly hard as I'm rehabbing a back injury and cant run,do weights or even walk that much the only thing I could do was swim and it looks like the pools will close.Im really bummed about this and it's a major inconvenience, I'm sure many on here will have a similar reaction to non essential retail or gyms being closed.
    This wont get many thanks on this loonbag thread but its important to distinguish between an inconvenience and playing the mental health card.Its a sh1t situation and it's needs to be dealt with,we need to suck it up for a few months.
    I'm not happy about it but ffs can we show a bit of resilience? The the most shocking thing about the pandemic is how quickly some have crumpled.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Thanks for asking Boggles.

Shes getting there. Operation was in October so she about 11 weeks over it now.
    Pic attached. Curve was 75 degrees when they operated. Consultant in Crumlin wanted it done before it got to 45 degrees.
    No sign of a date for an operation 2 years in and I was told about a fast track clinic in Cappagh but it would mean loosing her place in Crumlin.
    We even thought about taking out a loan to get it done in the UK.

We bit the bullet and went to Cappagh and the consultant from Crumlin sent all her paperwork to Cappagh in August. She was seen the end of August and operated on it October - in less than 8 weeks - Now that's how it should have been done in the beginning.

that's great news on your daughter, it must have been so hard to make the call, a brave decision as it meant losing your place in Crumlin. But its even harder watching your child getting worse. Delighted for you, I know what its like watching and worrying over a sick child.... been there, done that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

HBC08 wrote: »
    Gyms will close,I predicted this yesterday.
    This will hit me particularly hard as I'm rehabbing a back injury and cant run,do weights or even walk that much the only thing I could do was swim and it looks like the pools will close.Im really bummed about this and it's a major inconvenience, I'm sure many on here will have a similar reaction to non essential retail or gyms being closed.
    This wont get many thanks on this loonbag thread but its important to distinguish between an inconvenience and playing the mental health card.Its a sh1t situation and it's needs to be dealt with,we need to suck it up for a few months.

If it’s a loon bag of a thread why are you reading it and contributing to it? My sympathies for your predicament but in fairness you can’t be blaming people for being pissed off with nine months of their basic freedoms being taken away from them.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Perhaps you're new to this issue? Financial data is most definitely NOT the same classification as medical data. Health data is one of the special categories of data under GDPR, just as it is under Irish data protection legislation.

I can do a lot more damage to you with your card details than you can to me with my haemorrhoid medication.

It’s a simple fact there is little increase in risk to data related issues as a result of WFH. If you think the HSE is an outlier then it speaks more to your trust in the competence of the HSE staff themselves.... although you may be onto something there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

If it’s a loon bag of a thread why are you reading it and contributing to it? My sympathies for your predicament but in fairness you can’t be blaming people for being pissed off with nine months of their basic freedoms being taken away from them.!

This thread has been an interesting insight for me since it all began.I was really flabbergasted with the nonsense spouted on here and dismayed that people actually held these views. As things went on and I began to talk to friends,family and wider acquaintances I realised that the views on this thread were not of the majority,not even a large minority but of a lunatic fringe.
    This was actually a watershed moment for me and I learned not to take idiots on the internet too seriously.
    I'm on this thread now as I find it entertaining safe in the knowledge its a million miles from real people and the real world.Its a nice little escape in tough times.

I can do a lot more damage to you with your card details than you can to me with my haemorrhoid medication.

It’s a simple fact there is little increase in risk to data related issues as a result of WFH. If you think the HSE is an outlier then it speaks more to your trust in the competence of the HSE staff themselves.... although you may be onto something there!!

Totally. When I worked on software for financial industry, I could see all transactions and card details. We had to go through a strong background check and sign various documents. HSE doesn't have the same level of security, couldn't afford and dont have the talent

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

gmisk wrote: »

I know I wonder if his family is still alive having contracted a virus so contagious and deadly.
    1 person dies in the world at the age of 41 due to complication from covid and we get the "I told you so" comments, but when the majority of people affected are the elderly nobody bothers about tweets and fb posts. I wonder if they get the same sympathy and visibility the thousands people dying every day from famine, cardiovascular disease and so on...

By the way, I know it's very tricky to get a jab of this magic vaccine, but I was wondering with more than 100000 tests performed daily during the xmas period, they couldn't administer the vaccine at the same time? I know it would make sense, and that disagree completely with the modus operandi of this government...

• Advertisement

darconio wrote: »
    I know I wonder if his family is still alive having contracted a virus so contagious and deadly.
    1 person dies in the world at the age of 41 due to complication from covid and we get the "I told you so" comments, but when the majority of people affected are the elderly nobody bothers about tweets and fb posts. I wonder if they get the same sympathy and visibility the thousands people dying every day from famine, cardiovascular disease and so on...

By the way, I know it's very tricky to get a jab of this magic vaccine, but I was wondering with more than 100000 tests performed daily during the xmas period, they couldn't administer the vaccine at the same time? I know it would make sense, and that disagree completely with the modus operandi of this government...

Maybe because we dont have that number of vaccines in stock.
    Also we want to cover the elderly and front line first.

So instead of bringing nursing home people to a covid test centre, its safer to.do it in the home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement