Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Micky 32 wrote: »
    This should keep a certain cohort on here happy and drooling at the mouths. On the spot fines are now in force. Just in time for xmas the 100 euro on the spot fine for travelling.

That'll hopefully bite them in the arse if someone decides not to pay a fine and runs it the whole way from the district court to the high court.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Wasn’t there a big recruitment drive for healthcare staff working abroad to come home, only for no positions to be made available??

There was also a big call for volunteers to help out the HSE but very few people were actually called on. As usual for Ireland much Ado about nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Concern over high number of care staff failing to show for Covid-19 tests
    Department of Health told Nphet small number of staff ‘attending work while symptomatic’

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/concern-over-high-number-of-care-staff-failing-to-show-for-covid-19-tests-1.4417963

2020 strikes again.

How are pubs, restaurants, other businesses still not suing the govt over these idiotic, useless, ineffective restrictions? Isnt it obvious what is taking place here?

Covid hospitalisations increasing! Translation : few people got into a hospital with broken legs, tested positive for covid, infected the healthcare staff who, you know what, continued to work even with symptoms of covid.

Lets close the barbers and restaurants! :rolleyes::mad:

The low uptake of testing in care facilities for vulnerable older people has caused concern among the officials, who have called for renewed efforts to improve uptake.

Aka - do nothing. say nothing. "call for renewed efforts to improve uptake". What a load of shi*e

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So not content with raiding the "rainy day fund" to shore up the Budget last month, Leo has been sent to fly kites around increasing the PRSI rates

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1123/1180017-low-pay-prsi/

The carrot of course is reform of the benefits people get from the current setup with the "new" idea of income related welfare payments and increasing the minimum wage. What odds that the rates will increase significantly faster/earlier than any reforms or benefits...

The real driver of course is that they've realised we won't be spending our way out of the mess they've created as a result of letting Dr Tony and his lockdown-is-the-only-answer "recommendations" run the show for the last 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Hospital acquired infections are reflective of what is happening in the community. Covid doesn't spontaneously appear

If the 211 people who contracted covid in hospital had been properly protected by the HSE they would never have caught covid
    They had no choice ,hand ,act or part in catching covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

dalyboy wrote: »
    So you only trust the “experts” that suit yours or the media’s narrative?

The media’s narrative focus’s on personality clashes. I’m tired f hearing stuffed shirt and bar stool idiots opinions.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So not content with raiding the "rainy day fund" to shore up the Budget last month, Leo has been sent to fly kites around increasing the PRSI rates

The carrot of course is reform of the benefits people get from the current setup with the "new" idea of income related welfare payments and increasing the minimum wage. What odds that the rates will increase significantly faster/earlier than any reforms or benefits...

The real driver of course is that they've realised we won't be spending our way out of the mess they've created as a result of letting Dr Tony and his lockdown-is-the-only-answer "recommendations" run the show for the last 9 months.

If the politicians weren’t spineless stuffed shirts they would take some decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Heard that Leo going on about maybe lockdown again in January, of course they are going to lockdown again in January, does he think we are f*cking eijits or what?? Get out n enjoy December as much as u can.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

The media’s narrative focus’s on personality clashes. I’m tired f hearing stuffed shirt and bar stool idiots opinions.

Me too- I’ve certainly had my fill of Holohan and the rest of the Nphet freakshow

fin12 wrote: »
    Heard that Leo going on about maybe lockdown again in January, of course they are going to lockdown again in January, does he think we are f*cking eijits or what?? Get out n enjoy December as much as u can.

Hmmm, I wouldn’t bank on it again. This is the last big crazy one I think. It’s been an utter failure by any measure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Good luck to them getting any sort of public buy in for a 3rd one, this level 5 was the last roll of the dice and they blew the load way too early.

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I wouldn’t bank on it again. This is the last big crazy one I think. It’s been an utter failure by any measure

It’s a load of sh*t but nothing would surprise we with these imbeciles in charge so not taking any chances or taken the bit of freedom we get in December for granted. Will make the most of it.

Am I’m just saying I was out loads during the summer cause I knew they would lock us down again in September/ October. So that’s just my point.

Good luck to them getting any sort of public buy in for a 3rd one, this level 5 was the last roll of the dice and they blew the load way too early.

If it had actually “worked” you’d get buy in. But then again if it actually worked you wouldn’t repeating it over and over. Lockdown is seriously wearing on people now, even people that previously had bought in.
    Ive not heard phrases like “all in it together” or any other such tripe in months now as no one has the gaul to repeat them... well all expect RTE “stars” on €500k I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Another pointless lockdown in January on the cards, just in time for my getaway mission to Lanzarote.

Sorry Holohan, im off.

If it had actually “worked” you’d get buy in. But then again if it actually worked you wouldn’t repeating it over and over. Lockdown is seriously wearing on people now, even people that previously had bought in.
    Ive not heard phrases like “all in it together” or any other such tripe in months now as no one has the gaul to repeat them... well all expect RTE “stars” on €500k I guess

I heard that cringing radio ad today, we are doing this for us. Or this is not us. Some sad bollocks who came up with that script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

I heard that cringing radio ad today, we are doing this for us. Or this is not us. Some sad bollocks who came up with that script.

“This is not us, except it is us” (no it’s ****ing not). HSE bollixology

Is that the government one? All a weird form of attempted mind control.
    Only hypochondriacs and civil servants working from home with their Nespresso machines voting Green listen to this crap anymore

Me too- I’ve certainly had my fill of Holohan and the rest of the Nphet freakshow

It’s not Holohan it’s the stuffed shirts that are using him as top cover, he is only doing the job he is hired to do.

Is that the government one? All a weird form of attempted mind control.
    Only hypochondriacs and civil servants working from home with their Nespresso machines voting Green listen to this crap anymore

It’s a HSE one.

It’s not Holohan it’s the stuffed shirts that are using him as top cover, he is only doing the job he is hired to do.

Whatever that job supposedly is, he’s utter garbage at it. A career pen pushing autocrat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I heard today that Dublin hospitals aren’t doing blood tests “ because of COVID”. GP surgeries are expected to do them all now with the result that there is a 2 MONTH waiting list at my local GP’s practice for a blood test. Apparently the Mater will only do do 20 a day. What are the staff doing the rest of the time?

Anyone know what other medical services still haven’t resumed?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

Imagine reading some of these pages on boards a year ago! What would you think??

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Crush the poor !

Whatever that job supposedly is, he’s utter garbage at it. A career pen pushing autocrat

A halfwitted remark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

RobitTV wrote: »
    Another pointless lockdown in January on the cards, just in time for my getaway mission to Lanzarote.

Sorry Holohan, im off.

I sincerely hope that the public will mutiny against another lockdown in January. The Irish tend to be hugely apathetic and docile but when is enough enough?
    It's quite evident now that blanket level 5 type lockdowns cause more harm than good and will eventually have to be paid for. So people power will be needed big time if Dr Death is still throwing his weight around after xmas [pun both intended and unintended].

Some pages back a poster was suggesting that we should all be on to our local politicians making our feelings very clear. Absolutely that's what we all have to do and personally I've done it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

hamburgham wrote: »
    I heard today that Dublin hospitals aren’t doing blood tests “ because of COVID”. GP surgeries are expected to do them all now with the result that there is a 2 MONTH waiting list at my local GP’s practice for a blood test. Apparently the Mater will only do do 20 a day. What are the staff doing the rest of the time?

Well that's not true. Beaumont are doing blood testing. Warfarin and gp referral. Currently a 2 week waiting list as far as I can remember.

Crush the poor !

They’re already crushed- anyone in a so called lesser career like beauty, entertainment or retail has had their livelihoods snatched from under them.
    The WFH skinny latte-sipping-set have had a marvellous time with their Nespresso machines, Zoom and Teams though

I have no doubt there will be another lockdown in JAN-FEB and Tony will blame it on Christmas ,house parties and pubs opening
    As sure as night follows day cases will rise and Tony will demand another lockdown
    If he protected the hospitals and nursing homes there would be no need ,but Tony is hooked on lockdowns
    Expect one more in late spring as well
    The economic fallout from this and a possible no deal Brexit will be disastrous
    The Governor of the Central Bank in England has warned Boris Johnson that the fallout from a no deal Brexit would be worse economically than Covid

hamburgham wrote: »

Heard an ad today that breastcheck is back up and running

• Advertisement

brisan wrote: »

I have no doubt there will be another lockdown in JAN-FEB and Tony will blame it on Christmas ,house parties and pubs opening
    As sure as night follows day cases will rise and Tony will demand another lockdown
    If he protected the hospitals and nursing homes there would be no need ,but Tony is hooked on lockdowns
    Expect one more in late spring as well
    The economic fallout from this and a possible no deal Brexit will be disastrous
    The Governor of the Central Bank in England has warned Boris Johnson that the fallout from a no deal Brexit would be worse economically than Covid

St Tony could be meeting his Waterloo sooner than he thinks I reckon. There’s a serious amount of backbench dissatisfaction about this whole farce

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement