Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Boggles wrote: »
    According to your sentence you believe him. :confused:

So at least one person, correct?

You really cornered me there; hands up :rolleyes:

Maybe if he could recommend getting a computer system that could count beyond 2000 more people would believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Maybe if he could recommend getting a computer system that could count beyond 2000 more people would believe him.

I think the majority believe him, because most people aren't fúcking thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There are people whinging about the reopening of retail for December. I work in a very large retail establishment. There must have been over 100,000 through the doors over December. I served and was in close confines with thousands of people. There are over 500 staff too.

Not one case was recorded from the store. Not one staff member contracted the virus in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

So why is he all over the telly, radio and twitter every day?

Because he is chairing NPHET.
    I though that was obvious
    Why are you playing dumb?

thebaz wrote: »
    Within this never-ending doom - can someone please explain to me why Israel have already vaccinated 1 Million people :-
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-55514243

yet, Ireland HOPE to vaccinate all Nursing home staff and residents (70,000) by the end of the month :-
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/all-nursing-home-residents-staff-should-get-first-vaccine-dose-by-end-of-month-1.4449080

Why the lack of urgency when we have been in National emergency mode for nearly 9 months , with the country more or less paralyzed on NPHET advice ?

I don't know - post up the Israeli and Irish vaccine plans and do a comparative analysis.
    I see the article you quoted mentioned significant differences in the time lines for official approval of the Pfizer vaccine. I think Israel was over 10 days ahead of the EMA on that front. Ireland is in the EU not Israel so there's that. See France had vaccinated less than 200 people according to that article. Why not compare us to them? A much more similar setup.

• Advertisement

He did. Back in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

There are people whinging about the reopening of retail for December. I work in a very large retail establishment. There must have been over 100,000 through the doors over December. I served and was in close confines with thousands of people. There are over 500 staff too.

Not one case was recorded from the store. Not one staff member contracted the virus in December.

You have no idea if covid was transmitted in your store . There are numerous people testing positive who have no idea where they got it .

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    You have no idea if covid was transmitted in your store . There are numerous people testing positive who have no idea where they got it .

...and it may take up to another couple of weeks for anyone who shows symptoms to get tested and indeed get the results from their test. At least the figure of 70% or so being asymptomatic is not being mentioned now. It seem about 50% is the current estimate, but with this new mutation that in itself is little comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Public will be blamed for rise in numbers like always

The public of had enough of the finger pointing and Lives been disturbed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Uriel. wrote: »
    See France had vaccinated less than 200 people according to that article. Why not compare us to them? A much more similar setup.

Compare us to the least efficient vaccination program , yeah that will work well , hey look we are doing great in comparison to France :mad
    this has been a national emergency for 10 months , a bit of dynamism is what required not lethargic EU bureaucracy.

• Advertisement

Compare us to the least efficient vaccination program , yeah that will work well , hey look we are doing great in comparison to France :mad
    this has been a national emergency for 10 months , a bit of dynamism is what required not lethargic EU bureaucracy.

So are u blaming the EU or NPHET. I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Anyone else think its nuts that we now have multiple vaccines developed in a very impressive timeframe and not a sign of a less invasive and more accurate testing procedure?

Or that the rapid rise in positives, hospitalisations and ICU have all occurred simultaneously?

Has there been a surge in retail employees getting testing positive does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Public will be blamed for rise in numbers like always

The public of had enough of the finger pointing and Lives been disturbed

Unfortunately there's still a vocal minority who are out calling for the army and curfews and other OTT stuff this evening.

Thankfully increased cases, even significantly increased cases, doesn't translate to similar numbers of ICU admissions or deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its the pubs and hotels fault esp the wet pubs oh wait

Tedium.

So are u blaming the EU or NPHET. I'm confused.

are you happy with the urgency of our vaccination program ?

Israel have vaccinated 1 million of its most vulnerable , why could we not show similar dynamism to protect our vulnerable?

So yeah, bureaucracy in both orgainisations I blame.

are you happy with the urgency of our vaccination program ?

Israel have vaccinated 1 million of its most vulnerable , why could we not show similar dynamism to protect our vulnerable?

So yeah, bureaucracy in both orgainisations I blame.

Why could we not have a proportionately low number of cases like China? Maybe we should be more like China.

Why could we not have a proportionately low number of cases like China? Maybe we should be more like China.

Do you really believe the numbers coming from China ? - the country where the virus originated with a population of 1.6 Billion and yet less cases than Ireland , yeah the CCP are real honest - lets be like China - I'll say no more.

Do you really believe the numbers coming from China ? - the country where the virus originated with a population of 1.6 Billion and yet less cases than Ireland , yeah the CCP are real honest - lets be like China - I'll say no more.

Why not. Why not pick random countries and say be like them without any consideration.
    Israel, China sure why not

Why not. Why not pick random countries and say be like them without any consideration.
    Israel, China sure why not

sorry not getting into nonsense argument - if you believe the China figures , fantasise away - dont even know why you brought China up, I questioned the sluggishness of our vaccination program.

sorry not getting into nonsense argument - if you believe the China figures , fantasise away - dont even know why you brought China up, I questioned the sluggishness of our vaccination program.

You compared our vaccine programme to Israels with no comparative analysis whatsoever.

Don't see why I can't some fantastical response, like china and do the very same.

Now if you came along with some decent analysis I'd get on board with something.

• Advertisement

And BTW, whatever about the validity of their figures, China undertook some significantly greater draconian measures.
    Would we do that? Would we want?
    How has Israel done so well with their vaccines? Would we want to do what they've done?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Maybe we should have done like the Germans and put together a side deal for a few million vaccines. No need for any of that EU solidarity nonsense. That would help ease the restrictions quicker.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

It possibly is to expect it indefinitely. It’s never been done before. Couple with the fact most cases aren’t actually causing people to be sick up to now.

We have had 10 months of it

Didn’t the WHO advise months ago the lockdowns were only a blunt exercise to get the healthcare service on order?

And would a few more weeks of minuting social interaction really have made such a difference to peoples lives.....now it looks like schools wont re-open, construction related activities will be suspended and we will be advised to keep within a 5km radius until possibly March....all because ‘paddy’ couldn’t do Without his booze and small talk etc......

How has Israel done so well with their vaccines? Would we want to do what they've done?

What is your issue with the Israel vaccination program ? They have already vaccinated 1 million of its people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Unfortunately there's still a vocal minority who are out calling for the army and curfews and other OTT stuff this evening.

Thankfully increased cases, even significantly increased cases, doesn't translate to similar numbers of ICU admissions or deaths.

A lot of your posts seem to be in denial of some of some of the facts. There were 581 Covid patients in hospital yesterday. That’s the highest since May 11th. There are 56 in icu, that’s up 10. Only 1 was discharged. Come back in a week or so when today’s numbers and the 8k lurking in the background have moved on. I’d love to say the admission rate won’t be really serious but if the trend continues I doubt it.

What is your issue with the Israel vaccination program ?

I have no issue with it.
    But like I've been saying you can't just compare us to some other place because it suits you, without any understanding or explanation and say they're great and we're **** and incompetent

As I I've just shown we could compare us to China and say we're **** too but you were quick enough to come back and say we can't take things at face value. Which proves my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    And would a few more weeks of minuting social interaction really have made such a difference to peoples lives.....now it looks like schools wont re-open, construction related activities will be suspended and we will be advised to keep within a 5km radius until possibly March....all because ‘paddy’ couldn’t do Without his booze and small talk etc......

Well that’s a strange theory you have

It wouldn’t have been a few more weeks, it would have been hiding and suppressing social interaction until Summer regardless

“Paddy” must be responsible for the cases rises across the continent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »

yep, 100% enjoyed the few nights out, would do again 10/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭beaz2018

Close the forum lads, it’s ain’t lifting anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

beaz2018 wrote: »
    Close the forum lads, it’s ain’t lifting anytime soon.

If we don't see a serious relaxation in restrictions by mid to end of February, the end of peak flu season, I'll be getting extremely concerned that there is something much more sinister going on here....there are way too many inconsistencies for my liking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement