Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

acequion wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that the public will mutiny against another lockdown in January. The Irish tend to be hugely apathetic and docile but when is enough enough?
    It's quite evident now that blanket level 5 type lockdowns cause more harm than good and will eventually have to be paid for. So people power will be needed big time if Dr Death is still throwing his weight around after xmas [pun both intended and unintended].

Some pages back a poster was suggesting that we should all be on to our local politicians making our feelings very clear. Absolutely that's what we all have to do and personally I've done it already.

They will mutiny because the public is stupid. Charge into battle hours before the war ends.

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    God bless her- this ****e is literally killing older people. Taking away the things they have lived for. Absolutely sickening. I’m sure the Covid moralisers will be along any minute to lecture us all how it’s “for her own good etc”- pass me the sick bucket

What’s killing them is the continued spread of the virus and God has little to do with it.

St Tony could be meeting his Waterloo sooner than he thinks I reckon. There’s a serious amount of backbench dissatisfaction about this whole farce

It’s a farce because the backbenchers are jumping up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What’s killing them is the continued spread of the virus.

Tell us more about this deadly virus and its' death rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

NY'ers are finally fed up.

And now NY Sheriffs are refusing to enforce Cuomo's Thanksgiving restrictions.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Tell us more about this deadly virus and its' death rate.

There’s little point as stone cold ignorance is far more powerful than facts as emphasised in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭phormium

Tried to buy those tinfoil freezer containers for food, getting ahead with the christmas prep as I'll be passing the containers on to a couple of households rather than hosting the dinner as usual :(

Anyways they were roped off, food containers! But I could buy wool if I wanted to knit, I queried it but was told the gardai stopped them selling them which I'd say was bs but was their interpretation of the rules cos they display them near the party stuff.

Had to drive to another shop I knew would sell them and sure enough lots for sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Penfailed wrote: »
    Yes, you can. It's been done before. 'Wet' pubs in the north have been open for 12 days since March. We're not alone in making these decisions.

Pubs in the north were allowed serve people outdoors with no meal required for months all during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

So please tell us since when and why someone who is completely healthy but has passed or failed (not sure) a test is a 'case'? As far as I know a 'case' used to be someone who is sick and needs treatment, no?
    Not exactly. Cases are needed to feed the official statistics, create basis for the lockdown and the Project Fear to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

What’s killing them is the continued spread of the virus and God has little to do with it.

NewsFlash- Old people die of other things than just Covid 19 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Seweryn wrote: »
    Not exactly. Cases are needed to feed the official statistics, create basis for the lockdown and the Project Fear to continue.

Christ almighty, the thread is truly ridiculous. Never has so much nonsense been spouted with such confidence and so little self awareness.

Ya and your point is what ?

Seweryn wrote: »

Have you any facts to back up this conspiracy theory ?

fin12 wrote: »
    Pubs in the north were allowed serve people outdoors with no meal required for months all during the summer.

And your point is ?

Ya and your point is what ?

The fact that had to be explained to you says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Does anybody know whats the odds of someone under the age of 50 with no underlying conditions dying of this?? Guessing it's so small it's insignificant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kayjay123

If the restaurants open, what time will last orders be? Same as last time? 11:30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

The 5 level plan is a joke. We only have 2 levels in Ireland. Strict lockdown and slightly less strict lockdown.

In December, we’ll move to slightly less strict lockdown as the government fear losing the people.

Leo is already essentially confirming more lockdown in Jan. I suspect this will last right through Feb as well.

We may move to slightly less strict lockdown in March for a few weeks. I won’t be surprised at all if this nonsense carries on for most of next year.

We have tiny numbers of deaths, ICU and hospitalisations as it is and we are reluctantly leaving lockdown.

The majority of the country will need to be vaccinated and they’ll still be looking for excuses to stay locked down.

I can only hope everybody involved suffers majorly in the next election.

Ireland is looking at being permanently locked down. I would suggest people think seriously about emigrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Christ almighty, the thread NPHET is truly ridiculous. Never has so much nonsense been spouted with such confidence and so little self awareness.

Fixed it for you

Have you any facts to back up this conspiracy theory ?

Tony’s graph on the level of fear?

• Advertisement

God bless her- this ****e is literally killing older people. Taking away the things they have lived for. Absolutely sickening. I’m sure the Covid moralisers will be along any minute to lecture us all how it’s “for her own good etc”- pass me the sick bucket

Yes I read an article about this elderly woman and they showed a photo of her last year and this year and the deterioration was frightening from the lifestyle that’s been forced upon them, they are literally like caged animals.

The fact that had to be explained to you says it all really

Ya it means you initially had a rush of **** to the brain and now you can’t think of a rebuttal.

Christ almighty, the thread is truly ridiculous. Never has so much nonsense been spouted with such confidence and so little self awareness.

Have you seen Tony’s fear meter and Leo mention lockdown again in Jan?

Tony’s graph on the level of fear?

Through up a link shur.

Fodla wrote: »
    Ireland is looking at being permanently locked down. I would suggest people think seriously about emigrating.

You go first there so shur.

Even just look back to the stuff that was coming out of China in March. Pictures and videos of people dropping dead in the street. Full hazmat suits out spraying down streets. And wasn't there a beach that was bleached in Spain in April? It's all been so ****ing bizarre.

Yet chinas cases are still stuck on 80 k for months now, what a load of sh*t.

Have you seen Tony’s fear meter and Leo mention lockdown again in Jan?

Of course they did. It’s what the Covid bedwetters live and breath for and by

I heard on 96fm a man texts in saying his deer friend 90 something in a nursing home, just gave up on life when the severe restrictions were imposed on them as residents, she refused to eat and drink, refused phone calls just basically stayed in bed and eventually died. It’s horrible.

Of course they did. It’s what the Covid bedwetters live and breath for and by

Agh insults the last bastion of ignorance.

• Advertisement

kayjay123 wrote: »
    If the restaurants open, what time will last orders be? Same as last time? 11:30?

Heard of 10pm being said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement